Cost of OEM Alcoas ? WTF

robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Cost of OEM Alcoas ? WTF

Post by robertcrav »

Anyone notice that sets of Alcoas are turning up for stupid amounts of $$

Seen several sets, not even stripped/polished, asking $500-600

Craziness....
Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Re: Cost of OEM Alcoas ? WTF

Post by Becks_Bronco »

Yep, it's nuts. I snagged a pair for $80.
Becks_Bronco

Post by Becks_Bronco »

If you find some, and want to go in together to have them stripped and polished, i'm in. Might get a better deal for doing more at once.
robertcrav
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Becks_Bronco wrote:If you find some, and want to go in together to have them stripped and polished, i'm in. Might get a better deal for doing more at once.
for sure
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Not that either of you asked, but my $0.02 after having wheels stripped & polished in the past is I wish I hadn't. More work to keep them clean. Sure you can re-polish them, but it was a pain and I regretted doing it on mine. Unless the clear coat is baaad, I won't be doing another set again.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:Not that either of you asked, but my $0.02 after having wheels stripped & polished in the past is I wish I hadn't. More work to keep them clean. Sure you can re-polish them, but it was a pain and I regretted doing it on mine. Unless the clear coat is baaad, I won't be doing another set again.
I wouldn't leave them bare...whether I give Shark Hide a try, or have them clear powdercoated... I've had an old set of Weld's polished and clear powdercoated, as well as some OG forged Racelines that were on my '03 Supercrew long time ago...leaving them bare I think is an exercise in futility
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Sounds like you got it covered then. Totally different story if you will be re-coating them! I ended up waxing mine to try & help a bit, but was too cheap/lazy to take them apart again, have them re-polished nicely and then re-coat them. I just figured I'd give a head's up to try & save someone the "buyers remorse" I had after doing mine in case they were staying raw/bare.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

I get them for 25$ a piece at pick N pull. 12.50$ on half price day. There are shit loads of rusting out old F150's here and they all had Alcoas on them cause steelies rust out.
Becks_Bronco

Post by Becks_Bronco »

I was going to just use an off the shelf ceramic coating. They're going to get beat up, but the clear is already kinda rough on a couple of them,
PaulW
Bronco Info: Modified and Linked 1972 Bronco

Post by PaulW »

Has anyone use the rattle can spray coating that can be peeled off? There are several brands advertising similar stuff.
Becks_Bronco

Post by Becks_Bronco »

Plastidip? I've used it on other things, it doesn't seem to hold up very well on wheels. It's not very good with heat.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

BDKW1 wrote:I get them for 25$ a piece at pick N pull. 12.50$ on half price day. There are shit loads of rusting out old F150's here and they all had Alcoas on them cause steelies rust out.
HaQ. I was just thinking... get out of CA and the price will drop dramatically.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
PaulW
Bronco Info: Modified and Linked 1972 Bronco

Post by PaulW »

Becks_Bronco wrote:Plastidip? I've used it on other things, it doesn't seem to hold up very well on wheels. It's not very good with heat.
== =
I meant the rattle can stuff specifically for wheels.
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

Oh Man....this is the shite I'm talking about, this is about the worst I've seen, despite me informing/educating this guy several times these are not ORIGINAL Early Bronco or F100 Rims, he thinks these things are made of unobtanium
Alcoas.JPG
Alcoas.JPG (88.9 KiB) Viewed 1359 times