Was it something I said?

PBR
Founder

Was it something I said?

Post by PBR »

As one of the founding fathers of GFB, I'm wondering what happened to this site?

Broncos are more popular than ever for prerunners, and with the new Bronco coming next year, don't you think this place would be buzzing?

So I ask the people of GFB why???
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Was it something I said?

Post by Andy Jones »

Instagram, has taken over..!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Re: Was it something I said?

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Is that where everybody went? It has gotten a bit quiet. Hardly heard from a few of the "regulars" any more. I figured they were all off hiding in a facebook group somewhere or something. I don't do social media much so don't know exactly how it all works out, but that was my guess.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

The new Bronco isn't a real Bronco.

My Samurai will be more of a Bronco than that turd.
hollandermotorsports
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Post by hollandermotorsports »

Social Media is taking over the world. I quit posting our stuff here cause I got a ton of negative feedback. I have been accused of copying someones design when we were making parts years before them. A lot of people do not know this but 90% of our products are private label or sold through dealers and it has been that way for many years I just own the design and manufacture. I am in a position to be innovative and bring cool parts to everyone but people would bust my chops via text, pm, and comments so I quit there were accusations made publicly on another site by an individual on here that made my blood boil and I am a pretty calm and helping individual but at that point I was 100% because he was favored here. I felt like an outsider and did not want to see anymore bashing to our products by people that did not have any knowledge of our products or history and I did not want our dealers to have any issues. Broncos are alive and well and this site should flourish but it takes marketing, neutral opinions, and no nepotism. There is a ton of knowledge on this site there are some really smart people on here. I check in still time to time but there was a time when I was on here everyday multiple times. There are some really cool GFB's being built and I believe they may change the game slightly. My shop is 90% Bronco and OBS builds, and bronco parts and we are booked out through summer 2019 as of today with full time staff. I cannot even get my personal Bronco or my race truck in for some love so that tells me that broncos are not going anywhere anytime soon. Pretty bad when you own a business but have to pay another shop to prep for you because you want your customers to be the main focus. Don't take this negatively this is just my personal opinion and experience. I am only a member of 2 forums GFB and RDC so maybe I am just overly sensitive. lol #MakeGFBgreatagain. I have some ideas for some hype on this site and Hollander Motorsports would be willing to do some deals possibly even giveaways to help boost traffic and excitement on the site. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

PBR wrote:As one of the founding fathers of GFB, I'm wondering what happened to this site?

Broncos are more popular than ever for prerunners, and with the new Bronco coming next year, don't you think this place would be buzzing?

Interesting thread Ollie. My own thirst for a better Prerunner landed me here, and at the time I aligned pretty well with the OG. They mostly went away for various reasons, perhaps started by our own Steven G. when he sold his Bronco. I think things just fell apart from there. Just kidding Steve.....I'm buying lunch to make up for it. So let's see. Why huh?

GFB attracted me in the beginning because it was both nuts & bolts and Bronco-beating outings. Brandon hit part of it on the head I think. Social Media. OK I'm older than most of you so I'll say it.....Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and the like can eat shit. Speaking as one individual here, my life is drama free - by design. I refuse a smartphone that links me every second to the drama that is all of those mechanisms. Here's one of the best ones. Are you guys ready to roll your eyes? Text is blocked to my phone. I've never sent or received one......ever.

So I choose to spend my time with productive things that help me have a better life, enjoy my Wife, work like a dog, have a few margaritas, hang out with friends & family and try to sneak in some Bronco stuff along the way. Drama can't help me with any of that. I can't really speak to the crap that Brandon speaks to in the industry. Maybe I just ignore it. I know it's real.....mostly driven by those who seemingly have more to say and more time to say it than time to do anything productive. What is tapatalk anyway? Who cares?

Mostly the PC is my TV because there isn't much good on TV for me except some news and a movie once in a while. So I enjoy reading forums for one, where good and valid information is had.....some of the time......less and less every day it seems. Some forums today have twice the number of threads in the "general whatever" sections than the ones carrying threads pointed toward the forum intent. I can't delete those fast enough. GFB used to buzz with info and builds planning the next outing. Today only one or two can commit to anything. I guess because life is so busy. I work 15 hours a day and have time for most of whatever within reason.

So it seems most folks need it right now. Everything. And they need to talk/chat/tweet or whatever.....all the time. As if the world will come to an end if the iPhone hasn't chirped in the last 30 seconds. In the end, maybe Broncos aren't as fast as an Instagram so they lose. I've been trying to make an app that will simultaneously 3D print a Prerunner Bronco, pay my house payment, and do my job without my having to pay attention to any of it.

Having a hard time because the app instructions can only be sent via text.

Damn. I made my own bed.
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

hollandermotorsports wrote:Social Media is taking over the world. I quit posting our stuff here cause I got a ton of negative feedback. I have been accused of copying someones design when we were making parts years before them. A lot of people do not know this but 90% of our products are private label or sold through dealers and it has been that way for many years I just own the design and manufacture. I am in a position to be innovative and bring cool parts to everyone but people would bust my chops via text, pm, and comments so I quit there were accusations made publicly on another site by an individual on here that made my blood boil and I am a pretty calm and helping individual but at that point I was 100% because he was favored here. I felt like an outsider and did not want to see anymore bashing to our products by people that did not have any knowledge of our products or history and I did not want our dealers to have any issues. Broncos are alive and well and this site should flourish but it takes marketing, neutral opinions, and no nepotism. There is a ton of knowledge on this site there are some really smart people on here. I check in still time to time but there was a time when I was on here everyday multiple times. There are some really cool GFB's being built and I believe they may change the game slightly. My shop is 90% Bronco and OBS builds, and bronco parts and we are booked out through summer 2019 as of today with full time staff. I cannot even get my personal Bronco or my race truck in for some love so that tells me that broncos are not going anywhere anytime soon. Pretty bad when you own a business but have to pay another shop to prep for you because you want your customers to be the main focus. Don't take this negatively this is just my personal opinion and experience. I am only a member of 2 forums GFB and RDC so maybe I am just overly sensitive. lol #MakeGFBgreatagain. I have some ideas for some hype on this site and Hollander Motorsports would be willing to do some deals possibly even giveaways to help boost traffic and excitement on the site. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Brandon,

The reason this site was started is because another site was filled with drama and people hiding behind their keyboards.

My advice to people talking shit about your products is ignore it. Jerry from Camburg used to fight constantly with everyone on RDC and DR to prove his points, it never settled anything and made him and everyone fighting with him look like asses. I don't think Jerry does it anymore, but honestly I don't pay that much attention to it.

I'm always open to new ideas for this site, we've just kept it low to no maintenance because we all have real jobs. Except for Steve who goes on amazing trips every freaking week!

Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss anything further.
Ollie Penchansky
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

Great post Jim.

#everyonetextjim
Ollie Penchansky
BDKW1

Post by BDKW1 »

Yeah, but Jerry was a giant douchebag. It was way to much fun to push his buttons.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Was...? Haha - haven't read on RDC for a while so that might have changed. I doubt his ego has deflated much though
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

Remember I'm old so please help me understand. This Jerry is an over-inflated giant ego fighting douchebag? Sure does seem like he garners quite a bit of traffic. Why is he relevant?

Don't think I've ever met him. Maybe he's much smarter than Brandon. Maybe he can help me with my better life. Maybe he'll change society for the better.

Doubt it.
BDKW1

Post by BDKW1 »

Either he has toned it down or I just don't notice anymore.

Good thing the Brenthal guys don't post. So much to work with there.
hollandermotorsports
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Post by hollandermotorsports »

I believe Jerry has calmed down a bit. Its a really good thing pistol pete doesnt have a bronco. Lol. But in all seriousness this is a great website and very informative. There are many of us that appreciate the efforts of the founders. So I must say thank you. There has been a ton of money saved by many on troubleshooting as well. Trust me I fully understand the burning candle at both ends with work.
damon1272

Post by damon1272 »

I have taken a step out for some time as I am building a shop at the house. There is great info here but as far as the site if the search and edit functions could be addressed then I think that would make the functionality of the site better. In the past things seemed to be clicky between members but some them have since moved on. Still check in to see whats for sale but even that has been slow or over priced. Personally I think some cool kids moved on and you are experiencing a lull. This site does get referenced quite a bit for TTB knowledge.
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

1Hondalover wrote:
PBR wrote:As one of the founding fathers of GFB, I'm wondering what happened to this site?

Interesting thread Ollie. My own thirst for a better Prerunner landed me here, and at the time I aligned pretty well with the OG. They mostly went away for various reasons, perhaps started by our own Steven G. when he sold his Bronco. I think things just fell apart from there. Just kidding Steve.....I'm buying lunch to make up for it. So let's see. Why huh?

GFB attracted me in the beginning because it was both nuts & bolts and Bronco-beating outings. Brandon hit part of it on the head I think. Social Media. OK I'm older than most of you so I'll say it.....Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and the like can eat shit. Speaking as one individual here, my life is drama free - by design. I refuse a smartphone that links me every second to the drama that is all of those mechanisms. Here's one of the best ones. Are you guys ready to roll your eyes? Text is blocked to my phone. I've never sent or received one......ever.

So I choose to spend my time with productive things that help me have a better life, enjoy my Wife, work like a dog, have a few margaritas, hang out with friends & family and try to sneak in some Bronco stuff along the way. Drama can't help me with any of that. I can't really speak to the crap that Brandon speaks to in the industry. Maybe I just ignore it. I know it's real.....mostly driven by those who seemingly have more to say and more time to say it than time to do anything productive. What is tapatalk anyway? Who cares?

Mostly the PC is my TV because there isn't much good on TV for me except some news and a movie once in a while. So I enjoy reading forums for one, where good and valid information is had.....some of the time......less and less every day it seems. Some forums today have twice the number of threads in the "general whatever" sections than the ones carrying threads pointed toward the forum intent. I can't delete those fast enough. GFB used to buzz with info and builds planning the next outing. Today only one or two can commit to anything. I guess because life is so busy. I work 15 hours a day and have time for most of whatever within reason.

So it seems most folks need it right now. Everything. And they need to talk/chat/tweet or whatever.....all the time. As if the world will come to an end if the iPhone hasn't chirped in the last 30 seconds. In the end, maybe Broncos aren't as fast as an Instagram so they lose. I've been trying to make an app that will simultaneously 3D print a Prerunner Bronco, pay my house payment, and do my job without my having to pay attention to any of it.

Having a hard time because the app instructions can only be sent via text.

Damn. I made my own bed.
I'm with you, Jim.
I don't "do" farcebook, twatter, snap-crap or insta-crap. I have NO time for "social media". I've got better things to do with my already busy life. I lurk here more than I post, when I have time. I don't have an Android dumb phone, or an Apple iTurd. I watch my younger contemporaries at work, utterly addicted to their social media during breaks, wondering sometimes at how far we, as human beings, have fallen. I find enjoyment here on GFB, where even the smallest bolt-on matches the skilled craftsmanship of places like Richer Racing, Solo, Hollander etc. My PC is my entertainment, especially when I am away working. Now that I am working fly in, fly out, not only do I have more money coming in, but most important to me, more TIME to work on my truck. Previously, I'd snatch an hour or two, even on weekends to get small things done, while I saved what little I could spare for the few parts I could afford. Having both the time and money to make serious advances in the truck's progress has made me more focused on getting it finished, so I can start the next phase of it's transformation.
Brandon, like PBR said, ignore the nay-sayers who have nothing better to do the heap shit on your efforts. If you KNOW your product is good, and your service is good, your customers are happy, then you don't have to waste time argueing that point with dipshits who are just jealous of your efforts. Ignore them. The time you waste could be better spent on your own projects, getting them finished so YOU can enjoy life, too. 'nuff said.
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Was it something I said?

Post by cs_drums »

Here is my $.02, and why I don’t enjoy GFB as much as I used to.

1. Bronco has been figured out and mass produced. Not just the parts but the whole build. Who builds there truck anymore? That was the fun for me, building mine and watch other build there’s. Sure there was always s few high end shop builds to follow which is fun but there was a bunch of DIY guys helping each other figure it out along the way. Even guys that didn’t have experience or time to do it themselves seem to come here for ideas to bring to there fabricator and you’d see little differences in flavor. I don’t like it but I can’t say it’s a bad thing, between Solo, Desolat, etc you can just “order” a Bronco, no figuring needed.

2. Raptors & Razors, coinciding with the above, people don’t seem to want and to build a truck and more. Several OG members have gone to Raptors and plenty to Razors or similar. Turn key, plenty of bolt ins and drop at a dealer for sevice.

I’m not trying to put down the guys that don’t build there own stuff either. Bray’s truck is one of my favorite builds of all time. All shop built but it’s his bronco 100% not another one like it.

All the questions have been answered and products provided...... what’s left to discuss, haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

I'll add my 2 cents. When we started this site, most of us already knew one another. We'd gone on runs, we had some epic pismo trips, and gone down to baja. It cruised along well, then life happened. Some got married, some had kids, some already had kids, and had to spend more time with them. Some moved away, and some lost interest.

As time went on, some drama arose, and we found ourselves split. Add to that some new members that had raging attitudes, and thought that the sun rose, and set on their opinions. Some of the bad apples were weeded out, but the damage had been done. Opinions are great, but yours isn't more important than mine. For me, the site changed. It was no longer an every man's site. The elite builds took over, and in my opinion, scared off the little guys.

I lost interest and moved on to other things. As i would come back, i found i no longer knew anyone on the site that i helped start, so i stayed away. I'm not into projects that take years, and untold amounts of money. I like to see someone do a modification then go out and use it.

I know things can't go back to the way they were, but i hope to get back some of the feelings of camaraderie. Peace!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
BDKW1

Post by BDKW1 »

Nick wrote:I'm not into projects that take years, and untold amounts of money.
If you lived in the midwest you would feel differently, we got nuthin better to do back here........
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

He's in Central Cal, nothing to do there either! hahahahahahah
Ollie Penchansky
redrdr67
Bronco Info: 1999 F350, 1999 E350, 1995 F150 2WD

Post by redrdr67 »

I found this place because of my brother in law. Ford guy and has a Bronco(96). I've always been a lurker on most forums but I read and actually use the search functions so when I start a new post, it's because I couldn't find it. This forum is awesome and I've learned a ton. Thank you from me and probably alot of lurkers that have learned as well. I appreciate the wealth of information here. And yeah, I'm old school, if GFB is on my AOL favorites. That's America on line for you younger kids.