Was it something I said?

toddz69

Re: Was it something I said?

Post by toddz69 »

I've noticed the slowing of traffic over the years as well, but I mainly attributed it to the rise of social media and the general dying, in general, of forum formats. I'm old school so I still like forums the best - not the least of which they can be searched for info much easier than most FB pages where info is posted and then is buried. It's the same thing that happened in the early '00s when old school email lists disappeared and the forums came into being. I read 4-5 forums with some regularity and I think they've all experienced declines in poster activity since 2012 or thereabouts.

I must not follow everything super closely because I haven't seen a lot of drama here like I've experienced on other forums. I miss Baja250 and I realize now that Rick (flyinford) hasn't posted in a long time either.

Todd Z.
cwrisley
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........

Was it something I said?

Post by cwrisley »

I really enjoy this site. I’ve been on for about 7-8 years and have had a couple builds. It’s always been (for me) nothing but encouragement and good advice. But, I have also noticed the slow down recently and agree with the masses. Social media is killing the game and it’s hard for forums to keep up. Especially those with restrictions on photo sizes and editing. It’s so much easier to upload some pics on the “Gram” with a few hashtags and capture a much larger audience. Everyone wants the “likes” and “follows” which the forum can’t provide.

However, I believe there is still life left in this pig. I would suggest catering to apps like Tapatalk. I almost exclusively use Tapa for this forum. And it’s just as easy to open this app as it is my Facebook app. I can’t speak to the admin options to make it run better, but it seems this forum always has a few bugs on Tapatalk.

Open up the editing. I witnessed the original debacle which shut it down. I believe that has calmed down and the players in that game have moved on and/or can no longer use the internet without adult supervision. It would make build threads/for sale adds etc much easier to keep clean with the edit function back.

Our members are our biggest and best advertisers. The community is what draws people here. For the brotherhood, builds, tech info, etc. I love wearing my GFB shirts at off-road events, trips, etc. I would imagine that if the product line was ramped up bit, it help keep us in the light and attract fresh faces. I know I’d love to get my hands on a GFB coozie!! I realize this is a huge undertaking, but I’d love to help out any way I can.

But most of all, thanks to the founders for putting this site together and keeping it going. I know it’s a lot of work outside your normally crazy lives. It’s been a lot of fun and I’ve learned a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

One of the things killing it for Me is the whole picture posting thing. The whole PB thing just took the wind out of My sails. The new revamped DR lets you upload pictures directly to the sit without all the third party hosting. So much simpler.
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

It was something you did Ollie....sold your Bronco. What a d-bag.

I think anyone who is/was involved with various forums could see a sharp decline in activity. Sure there are a few booming forums left, but just as Brandon and others said, alternate forms of social media have gained favor. I always had big dreams for this site, but have fallen victim to life priorities just as my co-g's have. I still think this site can still be great and would love to see it flourish. We would need help from someone who has the time to do it. Steve is too busy with shmoozing rockstars, Nick is just too old and grumpy, Ollie thinks he is a rockstar and stops by for camio appearances every other year and I'm too fucking scatterbrained to focus on it. All we ever wanted to do was have a good time and create a good experience for others. Let's get it back.
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

BDKW1 wrote:One of the things killing it for Me is the whole picture posting thing. The whole PB thing just took the wind out of My sails. The new revamped DR lets you upload pictures directly to the sit without all the third party hosting. So much simpler.
Agreed.
S00TLYFE
Bronco Info: IT RAPTOR NOW

Was it something I said?

Post by S00TLYFE »

As a newbie here compared to most of you, I came here because I found a forum full of good information, good people, and none of the bullshit drama from forums like Dezert Rangers. I’ve never been about that flatbill internet tough guy BS, and that’s why I’m only in this forum.

PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

hmmmm can coozies!!!
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

PBR wrote:hmmmm can coozies!!!
Yes! If they happen, I'd like 6 please. :D
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

Oh, and 6 black XL Tees, too, if they are on the agenda.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Sadly for me... #2, I resemble that remark.

cs_drums wrote:Here is my $.02, and why I don’t enjoy GFB as much as I used to.

1. Bronco has been figured out and mass produced. Not just the parts but the whole build. Who builds there truck anymore? That was the fun for me, building mine and watch other build there’s. Sure there was always s few high end shop builds to follow which is fun but there was a bunch of DIY guys helping each other figure it out along the way. Even guys that didn’t have experience or time to do it themselves seem to come here for ideas to bring to there fabricator and you’d see little differences in flavor. I don’t like it but I can’t say it’s a bad thing, between Solo, Desolat, etc you can just “order” a Bronco, no figuring needed.

2. Raptors & Razors, coinciding with the above, people don’t seem to want and to build a truck and more. Several OG members have gone to Raptors and plenty to Razors or similar. Turn key, plenty of bolt ins and drop at a dealer for sevice.

I’m not trying to put down the guys that don’t build there own stuff either. Bray’s truck is one of my favorite builds of all time. All shop built but it’s his bronco 100% not another one like it.

All the questions have been answered and products provided...... what’s left to discuss, haha

zachwabbit
Bronco Info: '93 F150 XLT, '89 2wd B2(Smurfette)

Post by zachwabbit »

Honestly I came here because I was tired of the shenanigans on the fullsizebronco forum. I still tell people who seem like cool dudes and own Broncos and TTB F-series trucks to check this forum out cuz there is a ton of great information, and truly good people who have helped me along the way learn and have become friends. So for that, thank you guys, not just the founders, but a lot of the more seasoned guys who were willing to help and offer advice. I just haven’t been as active because I don’t keep track of every change I make to my rigs, and my stuff kinda pales in comparison to a lot of the other builds here. But I still enjoy being a part of this group, so bear with me and in a few weeks or so you’ll start to see my B2 finally begin to evolve into something worth posting about! Hopefully.. lol
Potato.
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

tcm glx wrote:Sadly for me... #2, I resemble that remark.

1. Bronco has been figured out and mass produced. Not just the parts but the whole build. Who builds there truck anymore? That was the fun for me, building mine and watch other build there’s. Sure there was always s few high end shop builds to follow which is fun but there was a bunch of DIY guys helping each other figure it out along the way. Even guys that didn’t have experience or time to do it themselves seem to come here for ideas to bring to there fabricator and you’d see little differences in flavor. I don’t like it but I can’t say it’s a bad thing, between Solo, Desolat, etc you can just “order” a Bronco, no figuring needed.

2. Raptors & Razors, coinciding with the above, people don’t seem to want and to build a truck and more. Several OG members have gone to Raptors and plenty to Razors or similar. Turn key, plenty of bolt ins and drop at a dealer for sevice.

I’m not trying to put down the guys that don’t build there own stuff either. Bray’s truck is one of my favorite builds of all time. All shop built but it’s his bronco 100% not another one like it.

All the questions have been answered and products provided...... what’s left to discuss, haha

Not at all, Tony.
One chooses the canvas with which to paint a masterpiece. The master artist does not make the canvas, nor cut down the tree for the wood to make the frame, but it is the image he/she conveys ONTO that canvas that makes it a masterpiece. Not everybody has all the mechanical skills to do their own work. Whether one does the work themselves, or pays a reputable shop to do it, isn't the issue, the end result is uniquely theirs. Regardless of WHO did the work, Princess was a work of art, and it was uniquely Tony's masterpiece. I myself am in a unique position to have the mechanical and fab/welding skills to do eveything myself, mostly out of necessity. Even if I could afford to pay someone else to do the work for me, I have VERY FEW places to choose from who could do the work, and probably not anywhere near to my satisfaction. I am not a painter's arsehole, but when my truck is going (it will NEVER be finished), it will also be, for all it's blemishes, uniquely mine. For me, at the end of the day, it's about the destination, as much as the journey. :D
zachwabbit
Bronco Info: '93 F150 XLT, '89 2wd B2(Smurfette)

Post by zachwabbit »

AussieRod wrote:
tcm glx wrote:Sadly for me... #2, I resemble that remark.

Not at all, Tony.
One chooses the canvas with which to paint a masterpiece. The master artist does not make the canvas, nor cut down the tree for the wood to make the frame, but it is the image he/she conveys ONTO that canvas that makes it a masterpiece. Not everybody has all the mechanical skills to do their own work. Whether one does the work themselves, or pays a reputable shop to do it, isn't the issue, the end result is uniquely theirs. Regardless of WHO did the work, Princess was a work of art, and it was uniquely Tony's masterpiece. I myself am in a unique position to have the mechanical and fab/welding skills to do eveything myself, mostly out of necessity. Even if I could afford to pay someone else to do the work for me, I have VERY FEW places to choose from who could do the work, and probably not anywhere near to my satisfaction. I am not a painter's arsehole, but when my truck is going (it will NEVER be finished), it will also be, for all it's blemishes, uniquely mine. For me, at the end of the day, it's about the destination, as much as the journey. :D
I gotta say Rod, that was quite possibly the most elegant(artful..? Tactful?) way to describe the build process that I’ve ever read haha bravo
Potato.
AussieRod

Post by AussieRod »

zachwabbit wrote:I gotta say Rod, that was quite possibly the most elegant(artful..? Tactful?) way to describe the build process that I’ve ever read haha bravo
HAHAHA! Thanks ;) I can't always put my feelings on paper so eloquently, but I figured just to tell the truth as I see it.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Rods a poet, didn’t even know it!!!!

Well said Rod...miss you out here buddy!
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

yikes wrote:
BDKW1 wrote:One of the things killing it for Me is the whole picture posting thing. The whole PB thing just took the wind out of My sails. The new revamped DR lets you upload pictures directly to the sit without all the third party hosting. So much simpler.
Agreed.
X3 between the Tapatalk glitches and the photo sizing I've become a lurker... I still love this site and frequent it often.
'96 XLT 5.8l lil edelbrock, lil Autofab, LOTTA fun.

"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

I still think this is a great forum. My daily engagement in the forum has declined due to a huge debacle with my build. A few of the members have heard my tale of woes and its being sorted out. Hopefully I'm going to have a really awesome update for the forum by the end of the year!

My build thread is dedicated to documenting my bronco's evolution and all the details along the way, including part #s.

I'm unable to quantify the amount knowledge and ideas I have gained from this forum and its members. I am grateful for the wealth of information available here.

There are two things I would really like to see happen here:

1. An increase in the # of open trips, activities, or meets.
2. The reinstatement of the edit function. I hate that there are typographical errors in my thread.
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

I'm still here counting the days until Huckfeast 2019. Maybe all you guys reminiscing of our sites glory days should show up and have some fun. Bring your Bronco or your Raptor or your golf cart or just bring your appetite and enjoy the beach.

PS I miss BajaF250 too.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

Oh by the way my 60th birthday is less than two years away now. Holy crap I'm getting old. If you we're at my 50th birthday party at Pismo you won't want to miss the 60th it should be epic.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

flyinbronco wrote:Oh by the way my 60th birthday is less than two years away now. Holy crap I'm getting old. If you we're at my 50th birthday party at Pismo you won't want to miss the 60th it should be epic.
There!!!