No keys for a 1994 bronco

bpburnard05
Bronco Info: 1995 bronco 5.8, e4od

Post by bpburnard05 »

So I’ve got a bronco, it was real cheap, however I have no keys for either the ignition or doors or tailgate. Can I replace all the keys? Source them somewhere so that I can turn the truck over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

You can either have a key Smith come out and make a key for it or buy a new set of key tumblers. The ignition cylinder will be a pain in the butt to get out but the door locks will also be a pain the butt to get out.

I’ve seen new matching sets on eBay or you can buy them from autozone.

I don’t know how much it would be for a locksmith to come out and make you a key but if you find out let me know cause I need that for one of my projects.
bpburnard05

Post by bpburnard05 »

Tchajagos wrote:You can either have a key Smith come out and make a key for it or buy a new set of key tumblers. The ignition cylinder will be a pain in the butt to get out but the door locks will also be a pain the butt to get out.

I don’t know how much it would be for a locksmith to come out and make you a key but if you find out let me know cause I need that for one of my projects.
I will be looking much more once I actually have it. Hoping to find someone in the area or maybe through dealership. Gonna be needing to find parts like seats, shell windows and possibly a tailgate too but won’t know till i get it home

bpburnard05

Post by bpburnard05 »

Tchajagos wrote:You can either have a key Smith come out and make a key for it or buy a new set of key tumblers. The ignition cylinder will be a pain in the butt to get out but the door locks will also be a pain the butt to get out.

Travis, so far the companies I’ve talked to have been $35-50 if you take the truck to them, or the locks cylinders. Then add on labor if they’re having to pull apart door panels. Haven’t found who I want to use. Kinda hope to find someone mobile

Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

You can always take the door cylinder off and take it to them to get a key made. Did yours have the same key for the doors and ignition? I guess then you can drive it (at some point) to get one made for the tailgate.
bpburnard05

Post by bpburnard05 »

Tchajagos wrote:You can always take the door cylinder off and take it to them to get a key made. Did yours have the same key for the doors and ignition? I guess then you can drive it (at some point) to get one made for the tailgate.
I have no idea. It’s coming from a buddy with no keys at all. Was a lien sale deal

bpburnard05

Post by bpburnard05 »

So looks like the plan it to buy a new lock cylinder for the ignition

Found an engine. Picked up a 94 bronco that has transmission and a 5.8 with about 100k on it. Has some other interior panels and also a dash and rear axle. Just some miscellaneous stuff including the shell. Just need to pull it all apart and combine the parts of the two.
Also still looking for a tailgate or glass for mine

Also I included a couple pics of the lift on it. It’s a procomp lift. Looks like extended radius arms too wonder what kind of quality they are.
ImageImageImage