The Top 10 Bronco Fab sh*t I hate !

XTate
Bronco Info: 95 Bronco stock not for long

Post by XTate »

Help me build this Letterman top 10 list. I dont know yet all ten or the order but for now number 10 is going to be working on my driveway, and if nobody else has a better one the all time number 1 is drilling- grinding- removing frame rivets.
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

Oh my

#1 is rivet removal.
#2 drilling 1/2" holes in the frame.
#3 stinky gear oil
#4 engine/trans leaks that cake the entire front of the frame/suspension is crud.
#5 all the crap that flies into your eyes everyone you bang on something underneath, even while wearing safety goggles.
#6 dropping the gas tank
#7 removing the dash
#8 all the black/brown widow spiders who think an old bronco is like A 5 star resort.
#9 cleaning all that gunk off the frame, the stuff that melts and spreads instead of coming off.
#10 grinding frame rivets.
XTate

Re: The Top 10 Bronco Fab sh*t I hate !

Post by XTate »

I hate splitting apart leaf spring packs to get one long leaf so you can cycle the rear suspension then putting it all back together again, what a pain in the ass.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Travis nailed most of them I think. And yes, my list would have rivets on there twice as well!!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

That one time you left the back window down while hitting a dirt road real quick... Instant antiquing of every surface.
'96 XLT 5.8l lil edelbrock, lil Autofab, LOTTA fun.

"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
XTate

Post by XTate »

I hate every thing to do with mounting front fiberglass, it doesn't matter if you are ripping the skins off the stock inters or building tube supports, bolt on or Duze, it is a pain in ass to get them to line up, it takes hours to just get one side done. I cannot believe how out square my core support is, and it is all going to move some more once you thrass it.
ESHALLBETTER
Bronco Info: 85 class 3, 70's somthing trail bronco.

Post by ESHALLBETTER »

Top ten things I hate when it comes to finishing my bronco.

1. Paying the mortgage
2. Paying bills
3. 9-5 job
4. Working around the house
5. Being quiet for the neighbors
6. The garage being used to park daily drivers
7. Winter temperatures
8. Being over 30
9. See number 2
10. Leaking trans fluid
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Ha!
ESHALLBETTER wrote:Top ten things I hate when it comes to finishing my bronco.

1. Paying the mortgage
2. Paying bills
3. 9-5 job
7. Winter temperatures
8. Being over 30
9. See number 2
10. Leaking trans fluid
Sho nuff,
SteveG
XTate

Post by XTate »

Thats a good one, my neighbors love it when my air compressor kicks on, I can't tell you how many times my wife has kicked me out of bed in the middle of the night cause I forgot to turn the power off to it. She hears it come on and starts to worry about the damn neighbors, I tell her they can Fing move if they don't like living next to us rednecks, she stills makes me get up and turn it off. I hate this. True story my wife had some buddy bitch she meet walking the dog, they were standing across the street from our house, I am in the garage with the door open beating leaf spring bushing in on top of my welding table, and the bitch turns to my wife and said " how would you like to live next door to that " the bitch had no clue my wife lived there. I thought it was damn funny, my wife not so much.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

ESHALLBETTER wrote:Top ten things I hate when it comes to finishing my bronco.

1. Paying the mortgage
2. Paying bills
3. 9-5 job
7. Winter temperatures
8. Being over 30
9. See number 2
10. Leaking trans fluid
Well done sir! Change #7 to either truck being outside or kids being young & more important than the truck and there's my version.

XTate wrote:Thats a good one, my neighbors love it when my air compressor kicks on, I can't tell you how many times my wife has kicked me out of bed in the middle of the night cause I forgot to turn the power off to it. She hears it come on and starts to worry about the damn neighbors, I tell her they can Fing move if they don't like living next to us rednecks, she stills makes me get up and turn it off. I hate this. True story my wife had some buddy bitch she meet walking the dog, they were standing across the street from our house, I am in the garage with the door open beating leaf spring bushing in on top of my welding table, and the bitch turns to my wife and said " how would you like to live next door to that " the bitch had no clue my wife lived there. I thought it was damn funny, my wife not so much.
Hahaha - you sound like me. And your wife sounds like mine (and probably the majority of wives of guys on this board!). I hate when I forget to turn the compressor off & it either scares my kids (they jump - which is kind of funny), irritates my wife, or makes me get out of a warm, cozy bed to go make it shut up!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

Post by VintageIronFab »

Maybe just me but the rivots aren't a big deal lol!
1.Used Fiberglass- just buy new and save yourself the bullshit hassle- never again will I buy used Fiberglass that's ever been ran or installed! Unless you're a high school kid in an Autobody class- but new :-)
2. Painters- sorry to offend here but painters are the biggest pos scum ever! $5k to paint a truck and it's so far from perfect I can't even start. That includes the a-holes at the Linex dealer C+ job at best.
3. Fiberglass fender install - terrible nightmare.
4. Door panels - why do the bronco door panels suck it so bad!!
5. Widening my truck 9"- man I hate the fact I did this. It's so cool but never again!
6. HF drillbits - omg they are shit!
7. Cleaning the frame. I hate getting shit all over me when the project is done and need to make repairs so the frame has to get spotless.
8. A welding table under 1/2" thick to me is a waste and
9. Trying to build a legit truck in a driveway. No light, weather, neighbors or anything resembling facilities in a gd driveway.
10. Trying to build a legit nice truck in a suburban neighborhood.
http://www.vintageironfabworks.com

77- "Victoria"
71- "Annie" Halfcab
73- "Heloise"
96- "Cheryl"
95- Marilyn (F150)
XTate

Post by XTate »

LOL Matt, #9 and #10 my HOA has fined me now 2k that's 2 fuking thousand for working in my driveway, when it was like fifty per month I would just pay it, but now there is no way, had to lawyer up I will damn sure die in that house before I pay, #3 I hate installing fiberglass, # 7 if you are doing this on your back in the driveway that's some anal shit (pun ) Tate
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

It's all about the right tools. 30-ish seconds per rivet is not so bad.

It's been years since I posted this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfeG15U49Yo
Sho nuff,
SteveG
damon1272

Post by damon1272 »

Steve,
The right tool for the job. Snap on chisel has the power to get it done. Never could understand the whining about the rivets. They pop right out.
Now the thing that sucks are
#1 replacing the valve cover gaskets,
#2 fuel pump on a full tank,
#3 Door hinges with factory fenders,
#4 getting the rear window down when something breaks in the tailgate,
#5 PIP sensor replacement, #6 pulling the front pumpkin (too much crap to remove),
#6 Replacing the oil pan gasket,
#7 Removing the older E4OD trans pan (12 quarts on the floor is a ton of oil to clean up),
#8 dealing with the drip rail crack,
#9 Not having enough time to get crap done on my truck
#10 mounting fiberglass.