Wifi in my garage

PBR
Founder

Wifi in my garage

Post by PBR »

I need to get decent wifi into my garage. My current set up isn't cutting it. I have a modem in the front of the house and an extender at the back door.

Any recommendations?
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Re: Wifi in my garage

Post by dtbback »

A second extender?
THEJESUS
Bronco Info: WHITE 1992 BRONCO XLT w/ 4" LIFT ON 35" TOYO OPEN COUNTRY'S

Post by THEJESUS »

Get a wifi extender/ repeater
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough!
THEJESUS
Bronco Info: WHITE 1992 BRONCO XLT w/ 4" LIFT ON 35" TOYO OPEN COUNTRY'S

Post by THEJESUS »

Sorry Just saw you already have that. You can always upgrade your router to a stronger one that will allow you to have a wider range.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough!
birdco85
Bronco Info: 95 5.8 MAF E4OD

Wifi in my garage

Post by birdco85 »

Check out a tp-link power line adapter. I have 4 of them in my house in random places. They use the power running through your walls to transmit the signal. One gets plugged near the router and is connected via Ethernet between router and wall. Then plug another one in (after pairing, super easy) wherever you want Internet and it gives you an Ethernet output. So just get another wifi router and set that up. I did this in my granny flat that I'm renting at my house so he doesn't steal my wifi bandwidth. He has his own wifi name and password but is connected to my hard wired Internet. I have another connected to my solar inverter and another connected to an old pc that doesn't have wifi. They work awesome.

TP-Link AV500 Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit, up to 500Mbps (TL-PA4010KIT) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AWRUICG/re ... NybBFSJ5S9

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Wifi in my garage

Post by Wrightracing.net »

I ran a hard line to my garage and have a computer in there for parts searches and music.

Here is a good solution. $40 and point it at your garage.

http://www.alternativewireless.com/aw-1 ... oCr0_w_wcB

David...
tactical328
Bronco Info: future broncozilla

Post by tactical328 »

How far is your garage? I use a netgear orbi triband system to get wifi out to my shop. The modem is probably 200ft away, through the house away from the shop (external standing structure). I have another orbi pod upstairs as well on the second story. For me it does pretty well, I can walk around most of my property ~ acre and still get wifi with the 3 pods spread between the shop and house.