Casey Folks-Rest In Peace

SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Casey Folks-Rest In Peace

Post by SteveG »

Aside from a few handshakes and quick pleasantries, I can't say I knew him. But, while up in the Relay Truck, I did spend plenty of time hearing him run races and lead the Best In The Desert Team. Last Saturday morning during the Parker 250, I got a call informing me Casey had been rushed to the hospital... in the middle of race operations. When someone so present and involved is suddenly removed, you would expect shock waves to wreak havoc on the race. Not so. Anyone listening to race-ops can tell you that the BITD crew did not miss one beat. Unless you could recognize his voice, you would not know he was not running the show. In my opinion, it was an unquestionable testament to all that Casey has created and the team he has assembled. BITD volunteers should be proud of the manner in which they pressed on in the absence of a great leader. By doing so, they honor Casey's legacy. You will be missed, Casey. Rest easy. We'll take it from here.
IMG_0399.JPG
IMG_0399.JPG (48.27 KiB) Viewed 424 times
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

I have helped out at races for Casey and he was a great guy. He could be a little gruff sometimes but worked hard to help make racing fun. In the early years, he went out of his way to help us volunteers when he could. He will be missed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
damon1272

Re: Casey Folks-Rest In Peace

Post by damon1272 »

God bless. Met him once but have friends that were very close to him. Racing lost a great champion of the sport. Via Con Dios.
hollandermotorsports
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Post by hollandermotorsports »

Casey has done a tremendous job with his team keeping us racing off-road in the states. He was a special guy for sure. He could be yelling at you and at the same time you could not help but to love the guy. He was a extremely fair race promoter to him he could care less who you are he was going to treat you the same as the next guy. I have had the pleasure of taking many green flags as well as checkered flags from him. He is a Legend in my book as well as many others. I am sure that the solid team Casey and Diane have put together at BITD will continue his legacy but it will not be the same pre-race hand shake as it was in the past. Casey was a special individual.

I must say that they are prepping for one hell of a off-road race up above. RIP Casey
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

Casey ran a great program. He didn't care if you were a 7 figure TT guy or a minimum wage class 9 racer. He will be missed. Godspeed.
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.