Glamis

XTate
Bronco Info: 95 Bronco stock not for long

Glamis

Post by XTate »

Anybody bring their full size bronco out to the dunes? Did you get stuck ? Could you bowl , jump ect ? Was it fun or frustrating ?
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Glamis

Post by Wrightracing.net »

I have been driving my Bronco everwhere at Glamis since I got it in 1992. I love it. More Horse power was my only need. My 302 with 35" tires took me all over and was really fun. I run a Detroit locker in the rear and a Limited Slip up front. I ran BFG AT'S aired down to 12 to 15 psi. Once I get my new 408 stroker, I want to get paddles. I love Pismo also.

David...
XTate

Re: Glamis

Post by XTate »

I have this buddy with a LS3 big blower, sand car maybe 3000 lb that is bugging me to go to the dunes, I know nothing about sand, I am building my bronco for the cactus and the rocks, I bet I am over 5500 lb with a 302 maybe 180 real horses. On the good side with my beadlocks I could air down to under 10 psi. Do you go in the big bowls ?
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Ya, my 302 is in the range of 280 to 300 hp with customers heads and 12.1 compression running on Race fuel. That motor did better after the upgrade, but still did ok with the stock motor with 3" exhaust, JBA headers and the big K&N air filter.

That picture above of my Bronco is me in the big bowls at Glamis, so yes for the big bowls.

The big bowls and dunes are not the difficult part of Glamis, it's the small choppy dunes where it's hard to keep up your momentum up. Also, it tends to be siltier in the small dunes to the East of Oldsmobile Hill towards China Wall.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Which customer's heads are you using?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Glamis

Post by Tchajagos »

Lol
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Glamis

Post by Tchajagos »

I have a stock 93 with the 5.8L on 33" BFG a/t tires. Never once got stuck in any dunes at pismo or johnsonvalley. Made it up every dune I tried. Aired the tires down to around 13psi and it was fine. I only have factory limited slip in the rear. A lot of it is knowing how to drive so you don't get stuck.
Wrightracing.net

SteveG wrote:Which customer's heads are you using?
See Steve, that is why we need edit, :-)

The custom heads were stockers that were milled, polished and ported to flow much better.
I am shooting for 400 to 450 hp on my new 408 on pump gas. We will see
Wrightracing.net wrote:Ya, my 302 is in the range of 280 to 300 hp with customers heads and 12.1 compression running on Race fuel. That motor did better after the upgrade, but still did ok with the stock motor with 3" exhaust, JBA headers and the big K&N air filter.

That picture above of my Bronco is me in the big bowls at Glamis, so yes for the big bowls.

The big bowls and dunes are not the difficult part of Glamis, it's the small choppy dunes where it's hard to keep up your momentum up. Also, it tends to be siltier in the small dunes to the East of Oldsmobile Hill towards China Wall.

David...
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Haha! 400 horses? That'll make the old Bronco come alive.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
XTate

Post by XTate »

I spell so bad I had to read it a few times to understand why u guys were laughing !
Wrightracing.net

I wish I could put a 427 stroker with 590hp, but I don't think it could even come close to passing smog and the $8000+ price, just for the long block is a bit steep for my budget.

David...