RIP, Ramsey El Wardani

Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

RIP, Ramsey El Wardani

Post by Wrightracing.net »

I got some sad news today. My friend for more then 20 years Ramsey El Wardani passed away last night at his home in Baja. I have raced with, pitted and chased for him in Baja and in Imperial Valley. Ramsey has been in off road racing for the better part of 40 year. I first raced a Class 12 car in the FUD races with Ramsey and We had been on many adventures over the years.

I will miss him. My prayers go out to Jan his wife and his daughter.

David...
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

RIP, Ramsey El Wardani

Post by cs_drums »

Bummer, I met Ramsey a couple times he was a great guy. When I first started my build I got duped when I bought my econoline 9", guy said said they were 31 spline axles, they turned out to be 28. After posting about it he contacted me and said he had some axles that might work. I met him at Glen's shop and after shooting the shit for a couple hours he gave me 2 sets of 35spline Currie axles. I asked how much, he said In n Out for lunch and were even. Guys like him make it possible for the budget guys like me to actually make something happen in this Sport/hobby. I hope someone finishes his K5 that thing is a masterpiece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Just last week Ramsey had Raquel (the insane K5) at the house in Clairemont on the trailer to get some work done on it. We have lived a couple houses down from each other for 25+ years.

David...
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Re: RIP, Ramsey El Wardani

Post by SteveG »

What!? I never met him but always enjoyed his posts on RDC and loved following his projects and adventures. What a shame. Desert racing lost a friend, for sure.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Bronco Info: 1979 Class 3 Race Bronco. Built in 2000.

Post by 300 »

We first met Ramsey and his wife at Olivia's on the beach, south of Mulege quite a few years ago. He knew all about us and I had to catch up later on him. Apparently he had a soft spot for Class 3 and the existing rules, and must have made life miserable for some of the entries that were looking for loop holes. We were also contacted last year about his stretched early Bronco that he wanted to run at NORRA. We looked at it, made some suggestions, but nothing ever came of it. It had been converted to leaf springs in the front long before he bought it. Who does that? Very surprised and very sad to hear of his passing, however he went out knowing that he successfully took a shot at a ton of things he enjoyed.
hollandermotorsports
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Post by hollandermotorsports »

Very Sad deal for sure. Ramsey was a good friend and mentor for me as well as many others. Ramsey was a very opinionated guy and even when he was wrong he would never admit it so he was never wrong lol. He was a very lovable guy. He would go above and beyond and out of his way to help who ever he came across that needed it even if you were racing against him. This one hit home for me and tore me up pretty bad on sunday but after talking to a few good friends that were also close to Ramsey and after thinking about all the positives that guy has brought to our lives it cheered me up that I got to meet him and develop a relationship with him over the years. Definitely one hell of a guy, friend, racer, and mentor. We lost a great one on Sunday. I guess the light at the end of the tunnel is at least he was in a place he loved (Baja). He will be missed but never forgotten and you bet he will be present at all Baja races from here on out. I am sure that we will all get together and have a story telling night about Ramsey soon. He touched so many different people over the years. I do not know what will happen with Raquel (Blazer) but I hope that we can rally together to get it finished and Jan and family can take it down the Peninsula for the 2017 Baja 1000 the 50th running. That is all he would talk about. That would be one heck of a tribute to the guy. Thoughts and Prayers go out to Jan, his daughter, and step daughters as well as the rest of his family and friends.

Brandon
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

A true wealth of knowledge and willing to help out just about anyone. His RDC posts are legendary! Godspeed my friend.
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

PBR wrote:A true wealth of knowledge and willing to help out just about anyone. His RDC posts are legendary! Godspeed my friend.
Agreed! his posts were among the few I would actually read.

It's funny. This is one of those guys that I've never met but could always tell was just good people. I'm disappointed we never crossed paths but am glad I at least got to experience his online persona....
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Wrightracing.net

I always had a great time hanging out in the garage at the house with Ramsey. It didn't matter if we were rebuilding shocks for one of the many cars we prepped for races or going through all the old ammo that had started to go bad in his ammo locker. We would talk about the most random stuff and what new idea we could come up with to go faster and not break a vehicle off road. The last innovation we talked about years ago was a bullet proof high horse power long travel front 4 wheel drive. The TTB on Raquel, aka the Blazer, was pretty cool, but it still had issues. We talked about a trophy truck front end with a 40 spline 300m quick change center mount differential with slip shafts. Just one of many spit ball sessions while prepping at 0 dark 30 for a race we had to leave for in a could hours. No dose was the pill of the day. Those were the advantages and disadvantages of living a few houses down from Ramsey.

I will miss running into him every couple days as we pass on our street. Last week we were talking about the Blazer and it's time it got some air, even being on the trailer.

I am still in shock about his passing.

David...