Emergency Medical Response Training

yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Some recent events have prompted an interest in getting some much overdue medical training. Between Philo doing his best tumbleweed impression in Gumby and an emergency medical situation at work, I think I've finally come to the realization that medical training is no longer an option, but a necessity. We all know in this sport that any one of us could be involved in a potentially serious accident at any time. Had Philo or Dan been seriously injured in Baja, I would not have been prepared to assist in a life saving operation and that bothers me.

Gotta go, but it should be evident where I'm headed with this. Will continue later. In a nutshell, looking to see if anyone else would be interested in taking some extensive first-response type courses. Let's discuss.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Re: Emergency Medical Response Training

Post by tcm glx »

I would be.... count me in B.
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

Count me in too!
cwrisley
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........

Post by cwrisley »

I'd love to help in any way I can. I've been a firefighter/paramedic for 8 years. I can also CPR certify any GFB members who are interested. Lemme know!
@cwriz
Bondobob
Bronco Info: 1987 XLT 5.0 in the family since new in May of 1987

Post by Bondobob »

We have a few first responders here and I think some training south of the border might add a great trip "purpose".. One of my guys I went through academy with is now the EMS training Captain for our county and he would love an offroad training trip.
"And God bless the United States of America!"
Elwood Blues -1980
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

yikes wrote:Had Philo or Dan been seriously injured in Baja, I would not have been prepared to assist in a life saving operation and that bothers me.

Dan and I would have done our best to talk you through it... Lol.

Most of the Medical guys at races do classes. I know Rick Leivas does. Matt Bailey (Black N Blue Racing) and SDHQ also sell first aid kits.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

cwrisley wrote:I'd love to help in any way I can. I've been a firefighter/paramedic for 8 years. I can also CPR certify any GFB members who are interested. Lemme know!
Very cool! Thanks! I would certainly love to take advantage of your offer. Maybe we can put together training session for a small group?

I've been trying to find courses, but it's not as easy as I thought. Now my search incompetence is exposed. Haha!
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

Bondobob wrote:We have a few first responders here and I think some training south of the border might add a great trip "purpose".. One of my guys I went through academy with is now the EMS training Captain for our county and he would love an offroad training trip.
This sounds perfect Bob. You need an opportunity to stretch out your new legs a bit too.
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

I would love to do some training. Maybe be certified in wilderness first responder and such.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

yikes wrote:
cwrisley wrote:I'd love to help in any way I can. I've been a firefighter/paramedic for 8 years. I can also CPR certify any GFB members who are interested. Lemme know!
Very cool! Thanks! I would certainly love to take advantage of your offer. Maybe we can put together training session for a small group?

I've been trying to find courses, but it's not as easy as I thought. Now my search incompetence is exposed. Haha!

BBQ/ Training day sounds like a good time.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

I love this. Medical training is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. Let's make this happen.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
keenanduran1
Bronco Info: 1993 Bronco. 1992 F150

Post by keenanduran1 »

Im in too
Bronco Info: 1979 Class 3 Race Bronco. Built in 2000.

Post by 300 »

As Philo said, in the past they have done it at races. I had the same urge some years ago to seek out some training and at that time these guys were offering courses at selected races:

Jared Tetzlaff
President
www.fast-aid.org

As Bondobob offered, persons qualified for training are out there. The rest of my crew declined to attend at that time, but I found that most of them had already been through training at work. We have carried some pretty well stocked first aid kits in our chase trucks since pretty much day one. While the exterior of the bags are worn thin, we have been very fortunate to have hardly ever opened them during a race, but they remain on the packing checklist each time.
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

We go through basic first aid and CPR every year at work. I would like more advanced training though.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Gents,

I have an instructor lined up for this... an experienced medic who was even an instructor for a few years. To top it off, he is a fellow off-roader, so he understands what we're all about. The loose plan as of now a camping/training weekend... meet up either Friday evening or early Saturday morning. Instruction will take place on Saturday. That evening, I think Food, drinks and camping would be in order. Brian and I will work on setting a date for this and update this thread.

We need to get a headcount on how many people are genuinely interested in this. Who is is?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Of course, some sort of wheeling would be a must!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

Definitely interested!
Bronco Info: 1979 Class 3 Race Bronco. Built in 2000.

Post by 300 »

I am interested in attending.

Along the same lines, SCORE is putting on a free racing safety program. Not sure if the link below will work, but it has been floating around on FB and you can find it under Roger Norman's timeline.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 117&type=3

It is free, and there will be some heavy hitters in the racing safety world there. Stand 21 is involved, so I am sure they will be trying to sell all of their latest gear. Down side for me at least is that is in El Cajon.
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

I've done basic CPR before and would be interested as well...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk