9 inch disc brakes

PaulW
Bronco Info: Modified and Linked 1972 Bronco

Re: 9 inch disc brakes

Post by PaulW »

These driveline brake vehicles are never in a situation where one rear wheel is off the ground or has minimal traction. Otherwise they would not be safe.
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

9 inch disc brakes

Post by cs_drums »

Not having a spool would only affect a driveline e-brake is one tire lost traction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

The bus was a 1982 bus. :-)

David...
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Re: 9 inch disc brakes

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

PaulW wrote:These driveline brake vehicles are never in a situation where one rear wheel is off the ground or has minimal traction. Otherwise they would not be safe.
I would say the FJ-40 may be, but we don't need to debate semantics.

Maybe a line lock type valve will fit the bill for you? I have one plummed into the crew for emergency type situations. I'm sure someone will bring up "bleed off" with these and I'll just say 1) It's not intended to be used for long periods of time. 2) I still wouldn't be concerned if it was as the valve used is what a buddy has used in many higher pressure hydraulics systems for work and monitored/tested these for bleed off and found none over semi long periods (longer than I'd ever leave the truck parked on a hill or precarious spot with this thing holding it) of time.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects