Non-ethical deal on Race-Dezert

Baja
Bronco Info: 95, 5.8, E4OD, 4:88s Front: 4.5 C&T, 2.5 C/O Rear: Deavers Shackles 3.0 bypass All Threat

Post by Baja »

Well it finally happened. After many years of successfully purchasing stuff over the Internet, from people within the off road community, I finally got burnt. I did get my money back, but I am pretty pissed off and I want to out this guy to as many people as I can, so that no one else will fall into his deceitful dealings.

I made a deal with this guy for a complete rear-end, which was a full floater fabricated housing with 40 spline axles, disc brakes, a strange center section and it was 70" WMS to WMS. We made the deal on the 28th. I told him I won't be able to pick it up until the next weekend, so he asked for a deposit of $800. Needless to say, I was a little apprehensive to send somebody $800 that I've never met, nor knew of their reputation. After talking to the guy for a while, I felt comfortable and sent in the $800 via PayPal. He even edited his ad to state "deposit taken, sale pending".

Over the past couple of days I've had several text conversations with him regarding parts on the axle. He even texted me earlier today to say that he would give available on Sunday but not Saturday for the pick up.
At 3:30 today he texted me out of the blue stating:

"Hello, sorry but I have decided to keep the rearend for a new project that came up. I have returned your deposit in full. Sorry again and good luck!"

Total crap! Where I come from a deposit means you are willing to hold up to your end of the deal. I gave him $800. I think I showed my commitment to the deal. Totally pisses me off. I even already ordered some rotors for it. Now I am back to square one. To add to it, I beat on my 8.8 pretty good this weekend, because I knew I was getting a new bulletproof unit this week :-(

Anyway, I just wanted everyone to know, because he has 14 other items for sale right now on race-dezert and I don't want anyone else to deal with this unethical POS Who has zero on honor.

Rant over
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (355.45 KiB) Viewed 534 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (309.16 KiB) Viewed 534 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (395.85 KiB) Viewed 534 times
Quailhunter
Bronco Info: 74 F100 Stepside 408 sbf complete Autofab truck 74 F-250 Supercab Shortbed

Re: Non-ethical deal on Race-Dezert

Post by Quailhunter »

Yep......that's bullshxt
Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Post by Andy Jones »

You didn't want that rear end anyways!.. And that dude is a POS..
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

X2 What Andy said.
Baja
Bronco Info: 95, 5.8, E4OD, 4:88s Front: 4.5 C&T, 2.5 C/O Rear: Deavers Shackles 3.0 bypass All Threat

Post by Baja »

Yeah, I'm over it. I was angry, but it's not my place to judge him for what he did. He has to live with it and I know that it wasn't meant to be. Now I just need to decide which rearend to build. Something economical, but good for the money.
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

14bolt time!
Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

Post by Broncodawg »

I'll bet a buddy came to him wanting it last minute.
Baja

Re:

Post by Baja »

RyanDS650X wrote:14bolt time!
I'd love to do one of those 9/14 hybrids. Can those be done cheaper than a comparable 9""? I have no idea what those 3rd members cost.
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

If you're talking about the super 14, the third member for those is a little over 1100 dollars if I remember correctly
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

I haven't priced 5 on 5.5 14 bolt hubs but I have priced out Dana 60 full float hubs. the cost was comparable to the Schriener full float kids that he offers if you already have a housing and third member.

there was a really good argument made by Chase truck that very few people can actually break a 35 spline semi-floating axle and carrier. if new axles were purchased every two years it would take you 10 years of new axles equal the cost of a full float conversion.
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

From what I've heard is its not the axle that fails it is the bearings when I bought my rear I had it set up for equal axles so I can just carry a spare with bearing and seal ready to go, under $200, will get me home and I can replace the bearing and through the spare back into the truck for the next time. I figure $200 back up vs $2000+ upgrade.
dtbback

Post by dtbback »

X2 After I read ChaseTruck754's in Nighthawk's thread I decided to go that route.
Baja

Post by Baja »

cs_drums wrote:From what I've heard is its not the axle that fails it is the bearings when I bought my rear I had it set up for equal axles so I can just carry a spare with bearing and seal ready to go, under $200, will get me home and I can replace the bearing and through the spare back into the truck for the next time. I figure $200 back up vs $2000+ upgrade.
I hope this isn't a dumb question, but how do you make each shaft equal in length, if the pinion is offset?

Thanks to everyone for the great advice and feedback!
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Center section moves to make the axles equal length = pinion will not be dead center in the housing.
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

Like Steve said the pinion isn't centered I believe it 2.38" or 2.1" or something like that ofset. To me with the range of motion our pi ions see through the travel I wasn't to worried about it. Dirt tech is awesome in the fact that they have 2 different face plates to there rearebd one for equal axles one for center pinion. Either one still has the pumpkin centered in the housing so I if I go to link it in the future the upper link mounts are still centered on the pumpkin.... If any of that makes sense.
Baja

Post by Baja »

cs_drums wrote:Like Steve said the pinion isn't centered I believe it 2.38" or 2.1" or something like that ofset. To me with the range of motion our pi ions see through the travel I wasn't to worried about it. Dirt tech is awesome in the fact that they have 2 different face plates to there rearebd one for equal axles one for center pinion. Either one still has the pumpkin centered in the housing so I if I go to link it in the future the upper link mounts are still centered on the pumpkin.... If any of that makes sense.

I figured that was how it's done, but wasn't sure it was okay to do, but like you said, what's a couple inches to the side when you're already putting through angle hell up and down. Makes sense to me.