GFB fundraiser... always for our troops but a w/a new twist

SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

GFB fundraiser... always for our troops but a w/a new twist

Post by SteveG »

All,

I've been struggling with what to do about our yearly holiday fundraiser. Clearly, I'm way behind the normal schedule as I usually start some time in November. I'll be honest, part of the struggle was time (lack thereof) on my part and another part is the seeming lack of interest on the board. There is a core of individuals on the board that always donate and some BIG but participation in a major way like we had in first few years has fizzled and it left me lacking the steam necessary to poke and prod for donations.

Just today, some friends (a military family, the husband a Force Recon Marine), told me about an anonymous Christmas card a neighbor left on their doorstep. It's clear how much such a simple act meant to them and it inspired me to try something new. And, because we, (the four stooges, AKA: GFB Founders), own GFB, we'll use is it and abuse to it do good!

This has and always will be about doing something good for our service men and women that sacrifice so much. This time it will be more personal but still very anonymous.

The plan (with or without help):

MY family and I are going to choose a few local military families and deliver some Christmas cards... anonymously. At minimum, I'd like to include a gift card to a local ice-cream shop, frozen yogurt, or that kind of thing. I'm thinking small tokens of appreciate here but will do as much as possible with whatever we have. If we can generate some more funds, maybe a nice dinner? If things get really crazy here and the dollars start rolling in... who knows? If a particular military family is in need and we have the ability to make a difference, let's do it!

So, if anyone out there is interested in supporting this cause, send funds via PayPal to gofastbroncos@gmail.com and make sure it is sent as "Friends and Family" to avoid fees. As always, EVERY penny will be used for this. If you're not interested in sending funds and having my family carry this out, please, take it upon yourself to thank a local military family in similar fashion.

Thanks for reading and don't forget to be a great American!

Steve G
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Re: GFB fundraiser... always for our troops but a w/a new twist

Post by dtbback »

Is that the PayPal address?
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Yup. Sorry... fixed it.
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

Sent!
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Thank you!
Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

Post by Broncodawg »

Good job GFB, paypal sent. Would bid on the radio, but have too many as it is....haha!
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

I like this. My buddy down here adopts a local Marine family every year (Pendleton) and sends them to a nice dinner and buys gifts.... I've always thought that was cool.

I just had a kid and my wife is unemployed but I'll send what I can....
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

I ASSume the due date is Xmas eve?
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

PBR wrote:I ASSume the due date is Xmas eve?
Not necessarily. I'm actually thinking about making this a continual thing throughout the year with a bigger push during the holidays.
Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

Post by Broncodawg »

Got the paypal right? Thanks for doing this.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Got it, Greg! Sorry, been swamped. Thanks to all that are participating. The family and I will head out to pick up some gift certificates and maybe make up some care packages this weekend. Then put on our ninja suits and deliver our payloads undetected.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

A quick note:

This is meant to be an easy thing. ANYTHING can make a difference. $20 is enough to send a Christmas card and a small gift certificate to our local frozen yogurt place. BIG donations are great, but little ones can brighten a military families holidays. A small gesture can go a long way!

Also, if someone on GFB knows of a military family that could use a pick me up or that are just good people and deserve a thank you and a treat, let me know and I'll gladly forward funds to you so can carry out this highly-important mission.
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

There is one more radio for auction. It is a 50 watt under dash radio. Less than 2 hours left guys. Let's get some more money for our Military Families!!!!!
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

It is in the 110 watt radio thread. 8pm is the end of the auction. It is at $100 right now. Get r done!!!!!!
Wrightracing.net

Thanks to BajaBronco13 and ChaseTruck754 we have raised $425 to Give a little back to our Military Families.

Thank you Steve for your work giving some encouragement to our Military Families, a small reminder that people do care and thank them for their sacrifice.

Please consider donating to this cause to help encourage our Military Families.

Merry Christmas Guy's and I hope everyone has a Great New Year to come. May you and your family's find good health and happiness.

Also may we ALL make progress on our Broncos this year and get them thoroughly dirty having fun in the dirt.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Thank you for donating the parts!
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Under the cloak of darkness (except for all the damn streetlights and porch lights!), package one has been delivered!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419312327.064538.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419312327.064538.jpg (254.4 KiB) Viewed 887 times
Wrightracing.net

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

BTW, The GFB sticker is attached to my netbook which we were using as a writing surface. The card was totally anonymous and included a $100 gift card to a local restaurant and a $25 gift card to a killer ice cream shop just a few doors down from the restaurant... will make for a great family outing.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Awesome!

Oh and my $$ went out a few min ago. Let me know if there's an issue or anything Steve.