EBAY 4 Row Radiators...?

robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

EBAY 4 Row Radiators...?

Post by robertcrav »

Have any of you guys successfully used one of these?

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav= ... 38&alt=web

[attachment=-1]Screenshot_2014-06-12-23-00-09.png[/attachment]
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1402639232725.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1402639232725.jpg (58.27 KiB) Viewed 856 times
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Re: EBAY 4 Row Radiators...?

Post by Rmc »

I'm positive it's Chinese but I have no idea on the quality. If that were a Ron Davis, fluidyne, or cbr it would be 1800$ easy. 4 pass... That thing would have to be 4" thick or more with the shroud. If you get one please let me know how it holds up. I've been eyeballing the speedway motors sale radiators for a while now looking for a decently priced one.
robertcrav
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

If I had the $$ I'd get a Ron Davis, Fluidyne or CBR.... :(
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

By it I want someone to get one and make sure it's not junk before I get one haha
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

But it's from "Patriot" cooling.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Ebay ad states they are in Lake Elsinore..... maybe a slightly better price if picked up? Would allow for first hand inspection too of what they do....... Looks interesting.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Elsinore?? Maybe Clint from pwr aka cbr ( so I've been told)? If its made there, it's the only radiator mfg I know of in Elsinore.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Message the seller, See if the seller will give you an address. If its off corydon it's pwr.
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

Ad states it's a Champion Radiator... search turns up this...

http://www.championradiators.com/Ford-F ... -1985-1996

Ledfoot Racing is in Orange...gave them a call, the Radiators are made in China, and shipped to Elsinore which is where the headquarters is for Champion.

They have a lifetime warranty against leakage according to the guy I talked to on the phone, they will replace it... I'd be responsible for Shipping tho... but since they are in Orange no worries :-)

I will pick up from them on Wednesday next week
FUFIMI
Bronco Info: 1965 Ford F100 (Señor Mostaza)

Post by FUFIMI »

I have one on my maverick and it seems to be good quality, have had it on there for about 5 years.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Champion like champion bead locks? Champion is in Elsinore. I'm curious, that's a great price if the quality is good, and if its guarantied even better.
FUFIMI
Bronco Info: 1965 Ford F100 (Señor Mostaza)

Post by FUFIMI »

http://m.ebay.com/itm/301199198268?nav=SEARCH
Don't use the fans they are not that great. Just buy the radiator by itself and use your stock fan and shroud
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

One thing I've learned. Lifetime warranty don't mean shit when your in the middle of nowhere leaking coolant everywhere.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

"Why do they offer a guarantee on the box? Because they know what they're selling you is a guaranteed piece of shit! I could take a dump in a box and mark it 'guaranteed.' I've got a lot of spare time..." - Tommy Boy

:lol:
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

Rmc wrote:"Why do they offer a guarantee on the box? Because they know what they're selling you is a guaranteed piece of shit! I could take a dump in a box and mark it 'guaranteed.' I've got a lot of spare time..." - Tommy Boy

:lol:
LMAO

well, I guess I'll cross my fingers
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:One thing I've learned. Lifetime warranty don't mean shit when your in the middle of nowhere leaking coolant everywhere.
True that.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Rmc wrote:I'm positive it's Chinese but I have no idea on the quality. If that were a Ron Davis, fluidyne, or cbr it would be 1800$ easy. 4 pass... That thing would have to be 4" thick or more with the shroud. If you get one please let me know how it holds up. I've been eyeballing the speedway motors sale radiators for a while now looking for a decently priced one.

The Chinese part shouldn't scare you Robert. That's where most replacement radiators sold at Autozone and Pep Boys are made anyways.

I'm pretty jazzed about the find, looking for your feedback on Craven.

Out of curiosity, are you having overheating issues? Or is this a just because upgrade.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

The chinese stuff can be hit & miss from what I've heard & read. Meaning stuff from the same company can be mostly good, but with some crap runs mixed in now & then. I went chinese on the crew (as Tony said most everything is made there these days), but from a company with a good rep in hopes that I got a good batch.

Randy is right that warranty is cool til it fails in the middle of no where, so I just hope that if my roulette spin on the chinese parts does go south that it doesn't happen in the middle of nowhere down south.
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

tcm glx wrote:
Rmc wrote:I'm positive it's Chinese but I have no idea on the quality. If that were a Ron Davis, fluidyne, or cbr it would be 1800$ easy. 4 pass... That thing would have to be 4" thick or more with the shroud. If you get one please let me know how it holds up. I've been eyeballing the speedway motors sale radiators for a while now looking for a decently priced one.

The Chinese part shouldn't scare you Robert. That's where most replacement radiators sold at Autozone and Pep Boys are made anyways.

I'm pretty jazzed about the find, looking for your feedback on Craven.

Out of curiosity, are you having overheating issues? Or is this a just because upgrade.
No overheating issues, kind of a just because.... I noticed when trying to push 75 up the toll road towards the 91, that the needle was climbing up towards the AL-L in Normal on our gauge vs the RM it normally sits at, and when it's hot out it does as well...nothing too drastic but enough for me to think about making the cooling system better and add more of a margin I guess you could say.

I still have the stock thermostat, which will be dropped to a 180deg Robert Shaw ... and everything else is original cooling system wise.

I've also thought about a Flowkooler waterpump since they worked so well on my Jeeps

I've been stuck out in the hills waiting for a truck to cool down....forever....and just don't want to deal with it
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

I have heard dropping to a 180 is a hit or miss.... some folks say it makes the truck run rich.......

I was of the same belief, swapped to a 180 and it did nothing to the idiot gauge. Later I swapped back to a 195. Still runs at the exact same temps (goes to show how good the gauge is)