Tent

yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Re: Tent

Post by yikes »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Ive always wondered how a trailer would do with bypasses
Gotta protect the eggs, right?
convoy

Post by convoy »

Rmc wrote:
convoy wrote:Steve is right! It's a special breed that I'm proud to belong to.
More power to ya bro, but unless its big horse power or suspension parts I have a hard time justifying big dollars on an older ride. Well I guess hot rods, vw streeters n Bajas, and anything with long travel is justifiable for me. It makes perfect sense with you close to San onofre and all the good surf spots though, I'd have one if I still was chasing that dream I suppose. I miss those days, the world's stresses melted away when I paddled out. Ah the good old days.
RMC I can respect your drive to achieve large horsepower and big travel numbers. I had that once. I can also respect you not wanting to put large amounts of money in stock older cars, as they usually tend to empty wallets if you can't stick to a budget. Owning older cars can be frustrating at times, especially when they've exchanged hands or mechanics throughout its lifetime. Is it better to scrape the stock engine for late model or aftermarket parts? Maybe, but as a wise person once said "Keep it Simple" (SteveG). Keeping it stock takes more time to research, talk to other air cooled enthusiasts and read books written in the 70's and 80's, which could be too much for the majority. I've enjoyed all the conversations and friendships I made daily driving a VW bus. I have met so many interesting people from every age group, which I would of never met driving any other vehicle. A good friend told me after obtaining my bus, "A VW bus will open doors". He was right and one wouldn't know what that means until you drive one. I'm not here to persuade yours or anyone on the GFB site, just showing a little pride in what up to these days.
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

I love my fords but I secretly am a vw fan, I used to have a bug convert able street racer I put in car shows, believe it or not I won best mild custom and got a trophy once. I do enjoy the fact that vw ( old ones) are easy to work on dependable if the right steps are taken, and a lot of fun for the nostalgia and cool factor. That's part of the reason I'm building that baja bug for that guy. I was just meaning 3k or whatever it was is an awfully high price to dump into a car like an 80's or 90's westfailia. I know the tents in them are big bucks too, but just not justify able to a broke ass like me lol. No offence intended bro.