Random updates... what are you working on?

Kel Fab Creations
Bronco Info: 95 Bronco

Re: Random updates... what are you working on?

Post by Kel Fab Creations »

The new truck looks great Robert.
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Thx Kelly and thanks for the hook up.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

PaulW wrote:Steve,
The 72 install was done by PO all sloppily soldered and taped connections. Spliced ecu cuz he did not know how to snake the ECU connector thru to FW. Then the stock penetrations thru the FW are behind the intake with no access. So I fixed that by extending the harness. I now have the fat bundle so it clears then engine now.
So for now it all seems to be working with fuses scattered on both sides of the FW. Once I get the thing on the trail and I am happy I will attack the whole wiring vehicle and efi. I think I can do it piecemeal and get more of the efi functions working per Ford. Things like the test port and the brake light, etc. And of course replace the ancient Ford wires that now days have very hard insulation. New modern connectors would be nice.
Paul
When I have the time and proper information, I really enjoy wiring work. It's rewarding to take something that is and looks like a mess and clean it up to where it's pleasing to the eye and easier to work on. While you're at it, if your harness still uses the OE Ford relays, you should consider changing them to a Bosch-type relay like the later models use. I did this on my EFI conversion so all my relays will be the same... used a relay block from a 96 Bronco. Just be sure to use GOOD relays and that they have the proper diode for ECM protection. Use these in all applications and they will be interchangeable if needed in a pinch.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Still changing that lower intake gasket, got it tore down, installed and most of it reassembled. Terminating all plugs and hoses then on to the water pump. I'm hoping it will be good as new after.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (247.2 KiB) Viewed 650 times
Dust
Bronco Info: Go Slow Ford's From 1957 to 1994

Post by Dust »

I’ve managed to get all of the post 1980 Fullsize trucks running and ready to sell; had to get them running because they have scrap value otherwise.
Amazing (to me) how much the market has changed in the past couple years and how the value of the 80’s / 90’s trucks has fallen! I know that all cars/trucks hit this point but it seems like these trucks are devaluing to a far greater extent then for example my 75 did. I suppose this is due to the still depressed economy and the fact that people aren’t driving or buying cars like they used to… Oh well IF I can just brake even I’ll be good and if not I’ll still be ahead without them.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

A lot of cars values seem to revolve around gas mileage these days. Like the value of an expedition, shockingly low. What trucks do you have going up for sale? I'm looking for a 92-96 single cab shortbed.
Dust
Bronco Info: Go Slow Ford's From 1957 to 1994

Post by Dust »

Not what you are looking for... 87 Bronco and 92 F2504wd.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Rmc wrote:A lot of cars values seem to revolve around gas mileage these days. Like the value of an expedition, shockingly low.
Their lack of value has less to do with mileage and more to do with quality. Expeditions are poorly designed and a pain in the ass (read: expensive) to work on. Compare to a same-year Sequoia which gets similar fuel mileage and you'll see that there is still a lot of value in a big boat with a gas-guzzling V8.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Buy a Toyota then. I was actually referring to passenger cars, the expedition just an was an example of large depreciation.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Rmc wrote:Buy a Toyota then. I was actually referring to passenger cars, the expedition just an was an example of large depreciation.
I won't be buying myself a Toyota. I'm mostly a Ford guy and not capable of driving anything normal for extended periods. I will be buying selling my wife's Honda and buying a Highlander for my wife at some point, though.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Buying an expedition is what not only sealed the deal for me on not buying a "new" car, it also pushed me further away from Ford.

Not really a fan of what they've been putting out since like '96 or so.

If it helps at all I'm not a fan of newer cars in general, I just like they way Toyotas & similar actually hold at least SOME value over time.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Oh and as far as what I'm working on currently. Trying to get my poor wife's 2010 Ford Edge (not a huge fan of this thing) in the garage so it can fall apart & depreciate inside vs. in the driveway.

Not making much progress though - still waaaay too much stuff in the way.
crisis88
Bronco Info: 94 fsb stock

Post by crisis88 »

Finally picked up an action packer. Currently trying to figure out more storage.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379361055.611729.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379361055.611729.jpg (71.63 KiB) Viewed 572 times
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Almost done with the trailer
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1379380997319.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1379380997319.jpg (76.82 KiB) Viewed 547 times
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

I was noticing when working on this 4.2l v6 that there's a set of secondary intake ports. According to the book they open at 3k rpm and above. Drawing a comparison to the v-tech Honda head. For years I wondered why this truck literally had a power and like a 2 stroke. Does anyone know if the 351m has the same? I haven't felt it but I was just wondering.
Bronco Info: 1979 Class 3 Race Bronco. Built in 2000.

Post by 300 »

Rmc wrote:I was noticing when working on this 4.2l v6 that there's a set of secondary intake ports. According to the book they open at 3k rpm and above. Drawing a comparison to the v-tech Honda head. For years I wondered why this truck literally had a power and like a 2 stroke. Does anyone know if the 351m has the same? I haven't felt it but I was just wondering.
I was looking at that picture and trying to figure out why there were so many ports on those heads. The 351M definitely does not have anything like this, one intake port and valve per cylinder. The two valve 5.4 has a valve that opens up another section of the intake manifold and effectively changes the intake port length. You can feel it when it kicks in. Lots of tricks since the Honda thing that they have been doing since back in the 70's.
BajaF250
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250

Post by BajaF250 »

Wiring a friends Buggy... it's been sitting for many, many years... the wiring was an absolute rat's nest.
Attachments
buggy-s.jpg
buggy-s.jpg (69.61 KiB) Viewed 510 times
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Rmc wrote:I was noticing when working on this 4.2l v6 that there's a set of secondary intake ports. According to the book they open at 3k rpm and above. Drawing a comparison to the v-tech Honda head. For years I wondered why this truck literally had a power and like a 2 stroke. Does anyone know if the 351m has the same? I haven't felt it but I was just wondering.
Was supposed to say power band like a 2 stroke sry about that.
guard
Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by guard »

Working on insurance...to cover loss or damage beyond the $5-6k book value. I currently pay about $185/yr (no joke) with Ameriprise (through Costco) for $100/300k full insurance coverage with a $100 comp, $250 collision deductibles...so probably looking at a 500-700% rate hike to get vehicle value up to $20,000-25,000. Tough nut to swallow for a 4th vehicle...waiting on other quotes.
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

Post by cs_drums »

Please post the $$ they tell you. I need to do this with my insurance company.