Random updates... what are you working on?

hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Re: Random updates... what are you working on?

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Nice! I have to pull the motor back out. Low pis when warmed up so I’m thinking a rod or main isn’t happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
xjgiles_
Bronco Info: 1996 lariat bronco

Post by xjgiles_ »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:46 am
Nice! I have to pull the motor back out. Low pis when warmed up so I’m thinking a rod or main isn’t happy.

That’s no fun. Me and my dad built a 66 ford when I was about 16. Mustang 2 kit 500hp bbf with a 200 shot. Was a fun truck for sure
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

xjgiles_ wrote:
hobbyturnedobsession wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:46 am

That’s no fun. Me and my dad built a 66 ford when I was about 16. Mustang 2 kit 500hp bbf with a 200 shot. Was a fun truck for sure
That does sound fun. This is a stroked fe. 449. Somewhere in the 450-500 ish range. Aluminum top end roller rockers etc. it’s okay. Better to check than let good parts go.

I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

I am remodeling the house and we have everything in the house going in the garage. Now the 72 Bronco is being overtaken. Image. With my back problems I worked out a deal with a friend to do the heavy lifting when doing the 72 Body on the 86 chassis. Before I chop the body, I need to take the 72 and get it titled in my name in CA.

Still getting parts. I finally sold my 1990 32 foot motor home, because my mom just retired and she is coming to live with me. I have to make room for her new Toy Hauler Class C diesel motorhome. She did not like my guy's club house RV. To old for her and she likes going to the desert. She has her own quad and loves Pismo. The good thing about selling the RV is $5000 towards the Bronco Project. Now I need to finish my 1986 Honda TRX250R I built from the ground up. And I need to sell my 98 Z28. I hope to have $20,000 for the Bronco. ImageImage

In a couple months the house will be done and I am putting a two post car lift in the garage. Never a dull moment. ImageImageImageImage

David

xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

Wrightracing.net wrote:I am remodeling the house and we have everything in the house going in the garage. Now the 72 Bronco is being overtaken. Image. With my back problems I worked out a deal with a friend to do the heavy lifting when doing the 72 Body on the 86 chassis. Before I chop the body, I need to take the 72 and get it titled in my name in CA.

Still getting parts. I finally sold my 1990 32 foot motor home, because my mom just retired and she is coming to live with me. I have to make room for her new Toy Hauler Class C diesel motorhome. She did not like my guy's club house RV. To old for her and she likes going to the desert. She has her own quad and loves Pismo. The good thing about selling the RV is $5000 towards the Bronco Project. Now I need to finish my 1986 Honda TRX250R I built from the ground up. And I need to sell my 98 Z28. I hope to have $20,000 for the Bronco. ImageImage

In a couple months the house will be done and I am putting a two post car lift in the garage. Never a dull moment. ImageImageImageImage

David
Nice I’m also finishing up my 87 250r again. Rebuilding the motor 4 mill stroke 350 big bore lots of fun. But I think I’m selling it come spring time. Just picked up a fl350 that I’m an arm swapping and 5 linking the rear and rotax swapping. But I’ve also been helping my dad finish his 68 bronco coyote swap and we just built the frame for his 41 Willy’s that’s also getting a coyote in it. Lol Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Nice, I have a CT330 stroker motor in my 250r. I completely rebuilt it, split the case's and put a NOS CT top end. I have a 2006 Honda trx450er with a stage 2 hot cam I ride now and love it and electric start is nice now that I am in my 50's. I have too many toy's, I have the 450, a 400ex, a 1990 Yamaha Blaster, the 86 250r, a 1975 XL350 and my little beast minibikeImage. That does not even count the 86 Bronco and 72 Bronco, the 98 Z28 and my 99 F350 4x4 crew cab. I get toy's and never let them go, I still regret selling my 1982 ATC185s three wheeler. That little trike was a beast, I towed my old Chenoweth 2 seater buggy from the train trussel to the dry lake bed at Superstition when I fried the clutch in the 1600cc Vw transmission. A tie down and a slow trip with the beast. ImageImageImage

The reason for so many bikes is for friend to ride that normally don't ride, the loaner bike's Image one I get caught up on all the other projects, I do want to get another 185s or 200s Atc for around camp bike. I already have a complete motor, exhaust and wire harness for a 1986 Honda trx200es four stroke with electric start, I might put in a 185s frame if I come across a deal one of these days.

My Bronco is the big project for now.ImageImageImageImageImageImage

David

xjgiles_

Post by xjgiles_ »

Wrightracing.net wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:41 am
Nice, I have a CT330 stroker motor in my 250r. I completely rebuilt it, split the case's and put a NOS CT top end. I have a 2006 Honda trx450er with a stage 2 hot cam I ride now and love it and electric start is nice now that I am in my 50's. I have too many toy's, I have the 450, a 400ex, a 1990 Yamaha Blaster, the 86 250r, a 1975 XL350 and my little beast minibikeImage. That does not even count the 86 Bronco and 72 Bronco, the 98 Z28 and my 99 F350 4x4 crew cab. I get toy's and never let them go, I still regret selling my 1982 ATC185s three wheeler. That little trike was a beast, I towed my old Chenoweth 2 seater buggy from the train trussel to the dry lake bed at Superstition when I fried the clutch in the 1600cc Vw transmission. A tie down and a slow trip with the beast. ImageImageImage

The reason for so many bikes is for friend to ride that normally don't ride, the loaner bike's Image one I get caught up on all the other projects, I do want to get another 185s or 200s Atc for around camp bike. I already have a complete motor, exhaust and wire harness for a 1986 Honda trx200es four stroke with electric start, I might put in a 185s frame if I come across a deal one of these days.

David
Right on man! Mine is a ct cylinder as well ported for Mx lrd 350g pipe ect I sold my ktm 505sx a few years ago and miss it so going to sell the r and pick up another ktm quad. My broncos my big project right now. Just finished my 77 super cab Cummins build this summer then got my wife’s 90 bronco motor swapped doing a bunch of upgrades to my excursion also. Then I picked up a 1930 ford sedan to build because I needed another project lol. That’s then I have my kids stuff to he is wanting to redo his dirt bike so we can sell it and upgraded to a bigger bike in the spring. Then I help my old man at his shop. We currently have 8 projects going over there
Wrightracing.net

xjgiles_ wrote:
Wrightracing.net wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:41 am

David
Right on man! Mine is a ct cylinder as well ported for Mx lrd 350g pipe ect I sold my ktm 505sx a few years ago and miss it so going to sell the r and pick up another ktm quad. My broncos my big project right now. Just finished my 77 super cab Cummins build this summer then got my wife’s 90 bronco motor swapped doing a bunch of upgrades to my excursion also. Then I picked up a 1930 ford sedan to build because I needed another project lol. That’s then I have my kids stuff to he is wanting to redo his dirt bike so we can sell it and upgraded to a bigger bike in the spring. Then I help my old man at his shop. We currently have 8 projects going over there
One of my new projects I want to do is a Big Wheel converted street legal 2 wheeler. I would love to pickup a 2000's XR650L and put a 1970's tank and seat to make it kind of look like a 1975 XL350. Which I do have a 1975 already, but I want the bigger motor with electric start. I did think about making the 1975 a big wheel, that can be swapped back to original if I wanted. I've never started the 75 yet, It needs work. So it I get bored, I might get it running first.ImageImageImage

David