Firefighter Demolition Derby!

hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Re: Firefighter Demolition Derby!

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

You can have the brass one fixed cant you?
cwrisley
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco..........

Post by cwrisley »

I took it to a local shop and was told "its not worth my time to fix it" by the owner. Looking elsewhere. Might just run down to Pick Your Part and see what I can scrounge up.
hobbyturnedobsession

Ah hell it was worth a shot!
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

scrap it and take the $$ and buy a Ron Davis!

Joking, but only slightly.

Scrap value should buy a useable replacement as that thing is HUGE
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

He's got a point.. Of course u can braze up the leaks n recycle it after its smashed up.on eBay the plastic /alum combos are cheap.
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

Its not too bad either. Small leak from tank on one side, and crustys along all the fins. Its just gotta last one afternoon....of hell!
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Bust out the old oxy acetylene bro, I'd do it for nothing but I'm out of oxygen. I could trade u a refill... As I attempt to get my bottle filled lol.
4x4_mafia_jon
Bronco Info: all stock on some 33s.. just crossed over from the rock crawler dackside

Post by 4x4_mafia_jon »

cwrisley wrote:Its not too bad either. Small leak from tank on one side, and crustys along all the fins. Its just gotta last one afternoon....of hell!
now his is where id say bust out the jb weld.
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

4x4_mafia_jon wrote:
cwrisley wrote:Its not too bad either. Small leak from tank on one side, and crustys along all the fins. Its just gotta last one afternoon....of hell!
now his is where id say bust out the jb weld.
...and JB Weld fixed it. Threw in some alumi-seal as well. If that dont fix it...

24 days!! I hope to see you guys out there. If anyone wants tickets (for the Fair), Im gonna have some extras.

We did a commercial shoot yesterday with KUSI for the derby. It may be pink, but DAMN does she look good!
Attachments
412874_10151667935241095_48686949_o.jpg
412874_10151667935241095_48686949_o.jpg (207.75 KiB) Viewed 943 times
scraptor
Bronco Info: 1994 f150 bronco wannabe

Post by scraptor »

I think the big red truck would win

But maybe not

Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Holy sh!+ !
hobbyturnedobsession

And the driver noted the rear end vibration to the mechanic right??
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

Oh dear, I'm afraid we've gone mainstream.....

Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Your pic will need to be up in famous bronco owner thread now lol. Can't wait to see the action on demo day.
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

This weekend!! Get your butt to the fair and help us support the Burn Institute. First heat starts at 1pm, main event is at 5pm. We'll be showing the cars in the pit area in the morning, then wrenching on them for the main all afternoon. Stop by and say hi or grab a wrench! If anyone is interested in our shirts, let me know. $15 each.

cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

Only 4 months late with the results.

The Caddy did good. We were in the first heat, top 4 cars advance. I got hung on another cars bumper which eliminated me from advancing the main event. This was the first year they had a last chance qualifier and one car advances to the main. And I got it! But she took a pounding during the LCQ which included a fatal radiator shot at the end. Radiator got shoved into the alternator pulley and threw the belt. In the main event, as soon as the battery died...so did I. It was a fun year and we had lots of support from our firefighters, friends/family, and our sponsors.

I had a GoPro inside the car with me and got some great video. Im the number 210 starting the lower left corner. My favorite shot is at 2:40 when I started dragging the lil 25 car around! Here's some proof....

cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

Hard to believe another derby is just around the corner. Last year we broke records both as a whole and at our department. Over 30K went to the Burn Institute for Camp Beyond the Scars, which was a huge success!! The kids and counselors had a blast. Its awesome to see all the money we raise going to such a unique and worthwhile charity. http://www.burninstitute.org/camp-beyond-the-scars

And with that...this year is were running a FORD! I got my hands on a '75 Lincoln Continental Mark IV. 460, C6, 9 inch rear. Its like a short pickup truck! I started with a simple carb upgrade, Holley 600 cfm and an adapter plate. All the non-essential stuff under the hood is slowly coming out, as usual. This should a contender car for the title. I say that every year, but we always seem to get good cars!! This car has NO damage and NO rust. Almost a shame if it was such an ugly car...

Ive got my eyes out for an intake and a locker/spool for the 9 inch. If anybody has parts sitting in the garage collecting dust, shoot me a PM. My list keeps getting longer....

Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

That car is a bad mamajama! Back when cars were made of iron! That one will dominate for sure.
cwrisley

Post by cwrisley »

Making some headway. Car is pretty much gutted. All the stock wiring is out, all 2 miles of it. I couldnt believe for such an old car how much wiring was in this thing. I think the only the only I had more of was mouse shit! I have found at least 4 different nests, 3 dead ones, and about 2 tons of crap. Needless to say, now that the carpet is all pulled up, it really stinks inside the car. She got a bleach bath this afternoon.

Motor is running strong. I finally got the carb tuned just right after I rebuilt it. From everything Ive read, a Holley 600 w/ vac secondaries is the perfect set up for a stock 460. So thats what we're running. Add some rattle can to the valve covers and she pushing at least 400hp...

The cross bar needed shortening, so I wacked about 3 inches off it and welded it all back up. My amateur attempt...

Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

I hope your wearing gloves pre bleach bath, keep in mind the hanta virus, spray her down good. Don't forget to let us know what parts you hunting to get her ready. Nice progress.