The Gun Thread

dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by dtbback »

I'll say it was. I picked up the gun from a coworker who needed some cash fast. At first he was just offering me the 5.56 ammo. I have been wanting to buy some but didn't want to throw down money that could be put toward my SHTF/zombie apocalypse escape vehicle, i.e the bronco lol. But, right after we had worked out a deal on the 5.56 ammo he offered the Marlin up with ammo. Did a little internet research on the rifle and quickly came to the conclusion that this was a deal was just too sweet to pass on. For what I payed, it was like getting the rifle for free because I bought the ammo.
billy1911

Post by billy1911 »

Short video from shooting clays at the ranch.
http://sirsquarters.com/shooting-clays-at-the-ranch/
Kartman
Bronco Info: 88 with big shocks and stuff.

Post by Kartman »

SteveG wrote:As if I need another hobby or place to spend money....

A friend and I went to the SLOSA.org EXPO in SLO today. I didn't know what to expect but their website said free shooting so I figured it couldn't be all that bad. I was right! It was a great event. Plenty of free shooting to be had and and a little of everything. Including some IDPA and USPSA demos and shooting. I have LOTS of fleeting obsessions and latest crazes but this was damn fun and just might stick! Everyone working the event was super friendly, welcoming and eager to help. Best of all, they handed over loaded firearms and said, "go to town!" Next year, I plan to take the whole family to the Expo and make a day of it.

Some time in the next couple months, my buddy and I are going to give an IDPA or USPSA competition a try... looking forward to it!

Anyone here into shooting competitions?
I shot USPSA, IDPA and others for years as a pro. DOnt compete much anymore but it was a lot of fun.
Kartman
Bronco Info: 88 with big shocks and stuff.

Post by Kartman »

I thought this might fit well in the gun thread. Happy 4th everyone!

Hauls Assington
Bronco Info: Under Construction

Post by Hauls Assington »

Happy 4th!!

I love Guns, Broncos and MERICA!!

Got to shoot a savage 111 .338 lapua the other day!

It doesnt kick bad, and is a lot more pleasant than I expected.
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Well, I pulled the trigger on a new project. I just pre-ordered a 80% Glock 22 .40 cal lower. I already picked up a complete upper with a barrel ready to shoot. It will not ship until January.

http://www.polymer80.com/Polymer80-Spec ... _1788.html
zachwabbit
Bronco Info: '93 F150 XLT, '89 2wd B2(Smurfette)

Post by zachwabbit »

I go out and shoot sometimes near Jacumba if anyone wants to join in next time, only people out there are other off roaders and border patrol but they don't bother you much as long as you clean up after yourself
Potato.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Re:

Post by SteveG »

Wrightracing.net wrote:Well, I pulled the trigger on a new project. I just pre-ordered a 80% Glock 22 .40 cal lower. I already picked up a complete upper with a barrel ready to shoot. It will not ship until January.

http://www.polymer80.com/Polymer80-Spec ... _1788.html
That's bad ass. I'm amazed it's taken so long for someone to do this. You'll need to give us a report on it once received.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Will do, I just got a couple things in the mail for it Monday. The .40 cal upper, a 10 round magazine the barrel came in. I also picked up a Advanced Arms .22LR conversion for the Glock. If I really like the 80% lower I may just get a second one and have a full time .22LR Glock for fun. Right now I am trying to figure out what lower parts I want. I could just get a factory lower parts kit, but I am thinking of doing it better with a aftermarket trigger, extended magazine release and extended tactical slide catch. I am also looking at a Crimson Trace laser site and a tactical light. I have a couple weeks to figure it out.
Wrightracing.net

The Gun Thread

I am doing a little cleaning of my long range gun. I built this 5.56mm from a stripped lower. I hope to get to a 500 yard range one of these days. Last range I was at was 200 yards, I averaged 1" groupings with a few 2".

Wrightracing.net

The Gun Thread

I love my travel case.

cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

The Gun Thread

Post by cs_drums »

What scope mounts do you have? Does it hold a zero with taking it on and off?
PaleRider
Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco with aftermarket lift, BroncoAir bumpers

The Gun Thread

Post by PaleRider »

Why dismount the scope? Cut the foam around the scope?
Wrightracing.net

cs_drums wrote:What scope mounts do you have? Does it hold a zero with taking it on and off?
Weaver mounts and the rail is marked to make sure it gets put back in the same location. The last couple times it was still zeroed in and right on the mark.

The reason I dismount the scope is to make room for the shotgun to travel with the AR. I did not want them banging into each other either, thus the reason I take the scope off. It goes on and off really fast with the thumb screws. I just need to mount it on the same rail markings each time and she is good to go.
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Got a new door greeter for Christmas. Shot some clays with it the other day and was really impressed at the performance for an 18" barrel.

dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

Sexy!
PaleRider

The Gun Thread

Post by PaleRider »

Nice! Mossberg?
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

PaleRider wrote:Nice! Mossberg?
It's a Remington 887...not the best gun out there by a stretch, but fit the objective for an inexpensive multi-purpose, run whatcha brung arm. It runs 2 3/4, 3 & 3 1/2 shells and has a capacity of 7 + 1. Ran some 3 1/2 buck and rifled slugs through it the other day. Kick in the pants fun! Mix load the tube and never know what's next in the chamber. A rifled barrel is available for sabot slugs that is claimed to hold a 2" pattern at 100yds and easily hit game targets at 200yds....sooooo, I'll probably have to verify that at some point. Haha!
PaleRider

The Gun Thread

Post by PaleRider »

887 is the updated 870. Good gun. Shotguns are great for home defense.
Wrightracing.net

Well, I am so sick of CA and laws that make no sense what so ever. All the gun laws in CA have done nothing to stop violence. The whole handgun roster in CA is stupid. It does nothing, but take away our choices.

I was planning to do the home build of a Glock 22 .40 call handgun. After a bunch of research that made it completely unclear if it is legal, due to the Safe Handgun law's in CA. I was really bummed after talking to Polymer 80 and they could not even say if it was legal in CA, they are from Nevada.
So I cancelled my order for the Gock lower.

So the plan now is to get a Glock Lower from a dealer here in CA and now I have to deal with all the extra charges, taxes and registration. I am so bummed about doing it this way. In the future, if the legality is worked out I may get one for my .22LR upper Glock 22 conversion I have.