The Gun Thread

Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by Wrightracing.net »

yikes wrote:Got a new door greeter for Christmas. Shot some clays with it the other day and was really impressed at the performance for an 18" barrel.

I have been looking at the DP-12, dual barrel pump. More reliable then the KelTek according to reviews. It holds 14 shells + 2 in the chambers =16 shells, oh my. 00 buck or slugs baby.

dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

Thing is ridiculous!
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Any thug that breaks into a house and see's the Dp-12 pointed at them, will sh*t their pants. :-)
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

Merry Christmas to me. I spent the day Saturday at Bass Pro (well most of the day) and bought me a new Kimber Ultra CDP .45 cal. Nine more days to wait. I want to thank Obama for pushing me off the fence. I've been eye balling one for a while now but there's no time like the present. This is just what I need another expensive hobby.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
Wrightracing.net

Cool, congrats. Last night I was looking at the Ultra Compact 3" barrel 1911's

I am torn between a Glock 26 Sub Compact .40 S&W
Or a
1911 Sig Ultra Compact .40 S&W

As a CCW

I need to look closer at the CALIFORNIA Handgun Roster.
cs_drums
Bronco Info: 94 5.8 Bronco w/dreams of being finished

The Gun Thread

Post by cs_drums »

Why .40?
cs_drums

The Gun Thread

Post by cs_drums »

I'm hoping to pick up a S&W Bodyguard .380 but I just shot the Sig P238 so now I may need to pony up the extra cash for the sig
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

Ive got a Colt pock nine that i carry and love the size.
'96 XLT 5.8l lil edelbrock, lil Autofab, LOTTA fun.

"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
cs_drums

The Gun Thread

Post by cs_drums »

I have a xd 9 sub compact but it's a little chubby. I want the .380 for a summer cloths Concealment
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

If I can find one via a private sale I want a Sig P236 for my CC.
Wrightracing.net

cs_drums wrote:Why .40?
I have found I like the characteristics of the .40 S&W over my 9mm and over the .45's I have shot. Even the same 1911 Frame with a 9mm, .45 and .40 slide, for me, I was more accurate on my 2nd, 3rd and 4th shot. I am basing my accuracy on two double tap center mass shots to a standard body target. I was about the same when it came to the first shot with the change of the caliber.

I am by no means an expert or LE. My Grandfather was retired Navy and taught me to shoot. He made it clear to me at a young age, never point a gun at anyone, but if your life or someone else is in danger, shoot to kill and without hesitation.
I hope I never have to.
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

Paige at it again......HER IDEA we give each other pistolas for Christmas. Sig 45 for me and Sig 9 for her. Two days after Christmas she empties the clip all in a 6" circle at 25 feet. Now I'm afraid to make her mad.

Of course no where near some of those nasty machines you guys have, but enough for social work if we had to.
12-27-15 Sigs.JPG
12-27-15 Sigs.JPG (175.57 KiB) Viewed 1001 times
Wrightracing.net

1Hondalover wrote:Paige at it again......HER IDEA we give each other pistolas for Christmas. Sig 45 for me and Sig 9 for her. Two days after Christmas she empties the clip all in a 6" circle at 25 feet. Now I'm afraid to make her mad.

Of course no where near some of those nasty machines you guys have, but enough for social work if we had to.
12-27-15 Sigs.JPG
She shoots, likes off roading and the Bronco, the perfect wife!!!! :-)
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

Went down to the range today to have a look and see what was going on. It was mostly the regulars today, as usual, but there were 2 guns that caught my eye. One guy had a blinged out Remington 7615, with the ATI pistol grip and butt and an alloy multi rail fore end with a Leopold 2 - 7X scope. The fore end felt lousy, all sharp edges and it was uncomfortable to use. The next one was similar, a Remington 7600 Police in .308. This one had the Mesa Tactical Hi-mount stock adaptor and Magpul adjustable target style butt with a Lumley adaptor and Magpul 870 fore end on it. Me likey. It felt really good in my hands and shot good too. I was able to group it at an inch at 100M with Winchester 165gn ammo, much better than the owner was doing.

So, my conclusion at the end of the day, I will build a Urban Defence Rifle. I'm going to stick with .308W due to it's ability to overcome barricades and vehicles and more stopping power per shot fired. Sure, .223 will also do the job, but my experiences say otherwise. Planning to source a used 7600 Police, preferably pre Rem-lin or a used 7600 22" bbl and shorten it to 18". My choice is dictated by the fact we can't have any semi-auto rifles here unless we go through a lot of BS paperwork and it's virtually impossible for mere mortals like me anyway. So pump action it is.
Lumley Ordinance adaptor and Magpul FDE fore end
CDW pic rail.
Mesa Tactical High adaptor. (I already have tubes and parts for the stock)
Fab Defense Desert Tan butt and grip (have those already too).
I will try the new Lucky13 10 shot alloy mag and the KKK 10 rd-er as well and decide which I prefer.
Optics will be Bushnell 3 - 9X Mildot and some form of CQB sight, interchangable as required and ammo will be 150gn FMJ or Hornady SST, depending on situation.

If funds allow, I will buy and assemble a 7615 clone to match, except with OD green furniture.

I have 3 Lee Enfields in 303 British, A #1 Mk3 18.5" carbine. a full length #1 Mk3 sporter with scope and a #4 Mk1 sporterised. Along with the AAC SD and the 25/303 I am building, I pretty much have everthing covered. Both #1's have almost brand new Lithgow heavy barrels in them and both will shoot through the same hole exactly at 25m, so they only need some minor re-finishing. My handloads with both will go under 1" at 200M. The #4 has a 2 groove bbl, which doesn't shoot very good with anything other than high priced Federal or military FMJ, so it is strictly back-up.
Anyway, enough, I have to go out and finish loading more 303 and some 308 for Mick.
Cheers.
Wrightracing.net

The Gun Thread

Cool Rod.
I finally got my Mom her AR15 upper in 5.56/.223. We are doing a mother and son 80% home build.
I have a small lathe/mill to complete the machine work on the lowers. I am teaching my mom how to
Use the mill for our home built projects. For fun I got her a Blue upper and lower, women and their colors?
She likes the blue, so whatever makes her happy.

I had decided to sell my long distance 20" heavy barrel 5.56/.223 upper from my AR and do a more tactical rifle with a 14.5" light weight barrel, same caliber, with a pinned/welded flash can muzzle concussion redirecter. The one I like is compensator with a removable flash can but the compensator is pinned and welded to meet the 16" barrel laws for a rifle without a SBR designation.

Since I am getting rid of my 5.56 long range gun, I now am going to go ahead with a .308 AR10 build. I will most likely do the same 20" heavy barrel setup and reuse my Magpul adjustable stock and sniper style grip.

Always more projects!!!

David...
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

Nice blue! :D I'd do a 308 18" HB 80%-er and a pair of AR 15' to match one 16" HB carbine in 223 wylde and a SBR in 300 Blkout, but the laws here don't allow it. I'm NOT planning on spending one SECOND in the state funded college for wayward citizens without a fight. One can dream, though, right?
Wrightracing.net

Yep, We both need to move to Texas. Better gun laws and still close enough to Baja. :-)

David...
TrevorPiggott
Bronco Info: 99 F250 and a 1994 I started building but spends too much time sitting untouched...

Post by TrevorPiggott »

Sorry if I missed this being posted elsewhere but for those who are residing in CA and are registered voters there is a movement to stop the outrageous gun regulations coming our way going by the name "Veto Gunmageddon" . Go to https://www.vetogunmageddon.org/ to find a location that has petitions to sign!
Be nice to me, I'm learning....and slow in the head...
Wrightracing.net

Signed it...[ANGRY FACE][ANGRY FACE][ANGRY FACE][ANGRY FACE]

David...
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Has everyone in CA gotten to their local gun store to sign petitions to fight the latest string of gun control laws? I swung by one on Friday. There are 7 individual petitions (you can pick and choose if you like).
Sho nuff,
SteveG