RC Cars!

Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

RC Cars!

Post by Andy Jones »

Anybody here have one of these? My Wife was looking in too getting my Son one. It's the SC10. Wanted too know how well they Work out of the box. i Seen them at Lucas challenge cup race last weekend, and they looked fun!
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Re: RC Short Course Trucks

Post by BajaBronco13 »

I have the Losi Micro T that I drove into the ground. What a blast for a cheap little rc. I'm going to pick up a Desert Mini T soon. It's a little bigger then the Micro T.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

That's funny, I was going to start the same thread. I just ordered an SC10 last week. I should have it tomorrow. Just in time time for the Christmas weekend! I did a lot (too much) reading and the SC10 just seemed like the most bang for your buck.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

I picked up an SC10, if you order through Tower Hobbies and they have that EZ pay option... 70 bucks a month!! kicks butt. I love my SC10, works great out of the box, and has KMC wheels!!
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Damn high rollers, I can't afford the SC10 ;)
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

BajaBronco13 wrote:Damn high rollers, I can't afford the SC10 ;)
Maybe you could hold off on buying some more extra fiberglass for a truck you don't even have and put that toward a better RC car?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker

Post by BajaBronco13 »

SteveG wrote:
Maybe you could hold off on buying some more extra fiberglass for a truck you don't even have and put that toward a better RC car?
ha ha ha now that hurt. Hey I'm on John at Autofab's Christmas card list, lol.
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

SteveG wrote:
Maybe you could hold off on buying some more extra fiberglass for a truck you don't even have
Or one that's put together... :mrgreen:
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker

Post by BajaBronco13 »

Nick wrote:
SteveG wrote:
Maybe you could hold off on buying some more extra fiberglass for a truck you don't even have
Or one that's put together... :mrgreen:
Comments like these make miss Waltman over at FSB, :lol:
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

I'm feelin the holiday love
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

Nuthin but luv Brutha!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker

Post by BajaBronco13 »

ha ha ha I know Nick. I don't mind a good ball busting every so often.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

A smooth kick in the nuts always helps a brotha out every once in a while!
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

tcm glx wrote:A smooth kick in the nuts always helps a brotha out every once in a while!
Is your wife your best friend too?
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

I picked up a new sponsor for the RC car. A big thanks to Ollie for getting stickers done so fast!
Attachments
GFB-SC10.jpg
GFB-SC10.jpg (110.21 KiB) Viewed 3791 times
Sho nuff,
SteveG
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

don't you get me in trouble with the stickers you asshole! no stickers yet, be patient please.

on the rc note, so steve blew up his speed controller first day and now my buddy blew up his motor the first day out on his sc10, wtf! i am beginning to rethink the rc thing, i might have more into that then my stupid bronco by the time i am done with it! what's the deal?
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

PBR wrote:don't you get me in trouble with the stickers you asshole! no stickers yet, be patient please.
Haha! I'm not in a hurry for stickers or shirts. I just couldn't pass an opportunity to give you some shit!
PBR wrote:on the rc note, so steve blew up his speed controller first day and now my buddy blew up his motor the first day out on his sc10, wtf! i am beginning to rethink the rc thing, i might have more into that then my stupid bronco by the time i am done with it! what's the deal?
I saw the post on RDC about the motor. I don't know what's up with that. From what I've read, the motors are fairly robust. I ran LiPo batteries out of the box with no issues. As for the speed control, I called AE and they said to fax the my receipt and a letter explaining what happened and they would send me a replacement with packaging and postage prepaid to send the bad part back. At least they back the product.

By the way, I ordered a brushless motor and speed control and holy crap does this thing haul ass!

After doing way too much reading I've found out that the stock electronics on the Ready To Run units are cheap. But, so are the cars. You can buy a true kit that you can spend 10 hours assembling yourself for $30 less. Or, spend the extra $30, save yourself a ton of time and get electronics you can use out of the box. I guess the point is you'll have more into it than the kit and batteries.

It seems like the speed controller is the common problem with the SC10 RTR. Knowing what I know now I would just order a brushless motor and speed controller along with the car. You can get something pretty nice for under $100.

On another note, There's a company making a suspension kit for the Slash that works freaking awesome! After seeing it I'm questioning the SC10.

http://www.prolineracing.com/products/P ... 5-135.html
Sho nuff,
SteveG
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

i am now so confused on what to buy! i don't want to end up dropping $500 on a stupid car i won't drive in a few weeks. i am starting to lean more towards the slash just because of pure simplicity.
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

boys and their toys.............
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Luckily, I got it stuck in my head really early that I wanted an SC10, so I didn't have to sweat that part. But choosing a charger and batteries made my head spin! Then I thought I was never going to figure out how to use my battery charger (turns out it's a piece of cake). Now that I have my new speed control and brushless motor I think I'm set and I'm really happy with my truck.

Did I mention that it's crazy fast now? Ollie, get your car so we can meet up and I can blow your doors off!
Sho nuff,
SteveG