RC Cars!

gr8brnc
Bronco Info: 96 Bronco, 535hp, lots of glass, coil overs coming soon

Re: RC Short Course Trucks

Post by gr8brnc »

Wow, it sure sounds like things have changed since I used to race my Losi JRXT :o
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

So I took the truck out to the beach for a bit this weekend. It ROCKS! I set the speed control to go to full throttle when the radio was at 10% so it was basically on or off... perfect for the sand! Next time I'll try to get some video.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

Is your gopro camera to big to mount on the RC?
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Nick wrote:Is your gopro camera to big to mount on the RC?
No, but I don't have a wide-angle model so it doesn't really work for the RC car.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

We ended up building a big track next to my house. I'll post some pics up later. Unfortunately both trucks are broken again. One has a winding out on the motor armature and the other lost the bearing on the motor. I'm probably going to buy Traxxas brushless upgrades kit for them. None of the hobby store talk good about LRP/Associated motors or SCs.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

philofab wrote:We ended up building a big track next to my house. I'll post some pics up later.
Cool! I would love to build my own track but I don't have anywhere to do it. I have a vision of building a "Mini-Baja" track. Not a track with a bunch of super-tight turns and one big straight away. I'm talking the full Baja experience... whoops, big & FAST jumps, tight technical forests, sand, silt beds, rocky beach sections... the works.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Hmmm. How about an entire 1/10 scale SCORE season? Classes, points, contingency, tech, Tecate, Tequila....
Sho nuff,
SteveG
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

SteveG wrote:Hmmm. How about an entire 1/10 scale SCORE season? Classes, points, contingency, tech, Tecate, Tequila....
will we have to pay savage to tech all the vehicles?
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

SteveG wrote:
philofab wrote:We ended up building a big track next to my house. I'll post some pics up later.
Cool! I would love to build my own track but I don't have anywhere to do it. I have a vision of building a "Mini-Baja" track. Not a track with a bunch of super-tight turns and one big straight away. I'm talking the full Baja experience... whoops, big & FAST jumps, tight technical forests, sand, silt beds, rocky beach sections... the works.

Don't forget the booby traps!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

PBR wrote:
SteveG wrote:Hmmm. How about an entire 1/10 scale SCORE season? Classes, points, contingency, tech, Tecate, Tequila....
will we have to pay savage to tech all the vehicles?
Screw that. I'm hiring Art's.
ChaseTruck754 wrote:Don't forget the booby traps!
Good call! Maybe we'll add a booby trap class for spectators. The more creative the trap and the more spectacular the crash, the more points you get.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

Some horrible pics of the track.
Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Post by Andy Jones »

philofab wrote:We ended up building a big track next to my house. I'll post some pics up later. Unfortunately both trucks are broken again. One has a winding out on the motor armature and the other lost the bearing on the motor. I'm probably going to buy Traxxas brushless upgrades kit for them. None of the hobby store talk good about LRP/Associated motors or SCs.
I wonder why your Hobby Store would talk bad about LRP? There one of the top three best Motors and ESC's you can get on the market. as far as Traxxas stuff Good luck with that! my buddy has been threw three of the villain brushless combos since november. if you want good china stuff go with ezrun kits, if your not full blown racing in a SC class.
heres some links too some kits.
http://www.nitrorcx.com/ezrun-brushless ... a-esc.html

http://www.nitrorcx.com/ezrun-brushless ... a-esc.html

http://www.nitrorcx.com/ezrun-brushless ... bo-b4.html
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

philofab wrote:Some horrible pics of the track.
Looks good, Philo!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

yaabrother1 wrote:I wonder why your Hobby Store would talk bad about LRP? There one of the top three best Motors and ESC's you can get on the market. as far as Traxxas stuff Good luck with that! my buddy has been threw three of the villain brushless combos since november. if you want good china stuff go with ezrun kits, if your not full blown racing in a SC class.
That was several different shops. I was about to buy the Ai / LRP short course combo and the guy at the shop said he had sold three and two had come back. Another shop said I was lucky to get as much use as we did with the stock stuff. Both recommended the Traxxas stuff.

I basically told them I didn't care if it was super fast, that I wanted it to be reliable. I never fried a SC or motor when I was younger and I don't see why stuff would be more fragile now.
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

philofab wrote:
yaabrother1 wrote:I wonder why your Hobby Store would talk bad about LRP? There one of the top three best Motors and ESC's you can get on the market. as far as Traxxas stuff Good luck with that! my buddy has been threw three of the villain brushless combos since november. if you want good china stuff go with ezrun kits, if your not full blown racing in a SC class.
That was several different shops. I was about to buy the Ai / LRP short course combo and the guy at the shop said he had sold three and two had come back. Another shop said I was lucky to get as much use as we did with the stock stuff. Both recommended the Traxxas stuff.

I basically told them I didn't care if it was super fast, that I wanted it to be reliable. I never fried a SC or motor when I was younger and I don't see why stuff would be more fragile now.
Yeah, you definitely don't want any of the Ai product. it's LRP's version of the traxxas ESC. When you look into it, a good LRP ESC is about 289.00 And the Vector x-11 motor witch is the short course motor is about 149.00. so when you buy a Lrp short course combo your getting the ESC for free. Those ezrun kits i linked are very good kits. we have a guy at the track i practice at, and he's been keeping up the high dollar motor guys with his ezrun 12t kit since last June with no problems. you definitely cant beat the price on them.

and x2 on the track!! it looks RAD!
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

My new electronics will be here today. I went ahead a ordered the Hobbywing stuff to try. I put some new stickers on since I was bored...

Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

hey Philo which kv kit did you end up getting?
when it shows up and you need some set up help let me know!
and make sure you switch your battery and ESC connectors to deans plugs. the brushless power will burn up the Tamiya connectors. and don't forget too set your slipper clutch with that brushless power. and one more up grade!! when your ready for lipo batteries pick up some of these.

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh ... dcase_pack

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh ... oduct=9172

I've been running these for about a month now and love'em!!
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

yaabrother1 wrote:and one more up grade!! when your ready for lipo batteries pick up some of these.

I think that's what I have. They work great. I didn't like having to cut the wires off and soldering them to come out the front.

Are you using the hardcase batteries? They look good.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

SteveG wrote:
yaabrother1 wrote:and one more up grade!! when your ready for lipo batteries pick up some of these.

I think that's what I have. They work great. I didn't like having to cut the wires off and soldering them to come out the front.

Are you using the hardcase batteries? They look good.
yep, running the hard case packs!! there hard too come by because there always sold out. but if you leave your e-mail right under the order info, they will let you now when there in stock. my last order i bought eight of them!! had them in a week.
philofab
Basura Blanca

Post by philofab »

yaabrother1 wrote:hey Philo which kv kit did you end up getting?
when it shows up and you need some set up help let me know!
and make sure you switch your battery and ESC connectors to deans plugs. the brushless power will burn up the Tamiya connectors. and don't forget too set your slipper clutch with that brushless power. and one more up grade!! when your ready for lipo batteries pick up some of these.
8.5T / 4000 kv and 60 amp. My buddys are getting HPI 5700kv kits but I don't think my truck will hook up enough for the slightly faster motor. I just upgraded everything to Dean connectors as we were already having problems with the Tamiyas.

Has anyone tried one of those gyro servo corrector things yet?