RC Cars!

SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Re: RC Short Course Trucks

Post by SteveG »

bajascott wrote:boys and their toys.............
Yeah, I know. We're stupid.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

i have a savage 21 big block. with a "locked" block in my rafters. damn motor is more expencive than the truck, so it sits...........
hahahaha,not stupid,they are a blast!!i wish i could get mine back in the dirt.
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
Squarehead

Post by Squarehead »

I have some experience with the Slash and it's pretty cool....

I ended up gettting a Losi Desert Truck after driving a few RC's. It's a prerunner style truck, but with larger tires than the Slash--they help absorb the bumps a lot better.

Then I started buying all kinds of crap for it. HPI brushless motor/speed control combo, 7-cell battery, etc. I ended up re-gearing it because it was pulling wheelies much too easily.

I had some good times with it, broke and replaced some stuff...and then started having trouble with the speed control. HPI was really cool and said I could bring it in and they'd take care of it, but I just haven't had time. The truck sits on my workbench in my garage, and the weeks have turned into months....dammit.
JERAD121
Bronco Info: 95 EX BORDER PATROL BRONCO. 6'' LIFT 35'' BFG. 4.56 GEARS STOCK LITTLE 302

Post by JERAD121 »

iVE GOT THE TRAXXUS SLAYER ITS A PRETTY FUN LITTLE TRUCK.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

SteveG wrote:As for the speed control, I called AE and they said to fax the my receipt and a letter explaining what happened and they would send me a replacement with packaging and postage prepaid to send the bad part back. At least they back the product.
I got a replacement speed control in the mail yesterday with a prepaid postage envelope to send the bad one back... good service.

I also took the truck to a friends house last night and played around on a jump he built. Good times!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

don't laugh but this is what i am buying:

http://www.axialracing.com/ftp/ax10rtc/

i know it doesn't go with my entire "go-fast" life style but i have been playing with my buddies crawler and it's too much fun.
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

The crawler does look fun.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

That looks pretty cool, Ollie! I dig that it has solid axles. That's the one thing I really don't like about the short-course trucks. They handle great and all, but I'm a purist and would prefer a live rear axle. Once I get bored with this thing I may need to build a custom rear axle for it and ditch the lame independent rear suspension. This is supposed to be a truck, not a buggy!

Some of the bodies people are putting on those chassis are bitchin'!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

So one of my coworkers just bought a Traxxass Slash and I'm glad he did. Now I'mreally glad I got the SC10 and i've stopped questioning choosing it. Out of the box my SC10 handles way better. His also rolls over rolls over super easily when turning fast on pavement.

The funny part... our radios are on the same channel! So no playdates until one of gets on a different frequency. DOH!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

We strapped a GPS to my truck today and clocked it at 30.7 MPH.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

any of you guys ever do any motor work? i need to resleeve my truck(hpi savage 21) and do a new piston.
i diddnt put after run oil in it and it locked up.(i honed it out and cleaned up after that )but it locked up again while running.
i dont want to buy a new motor they are spencive
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

I swapped in a larger pinion gear and did some top speed testing... 38.1mph! Now I want to go even larger to see just how fast it'll go.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

i love my new slash, super fun on the small track in the back of sean's house and i can run mine in the rain!
Ollie Penchansky
Andy Jones
Bronco Info: In the Works!

Post by Andy Jones »

couple weeks ago, i had Team Associated dial my SC10 in for me after i burnt up when of the LRP esc's. Team Associated not only sent me back a new ESC. but they gave me the SPHERE COMPITION that's totally Programmable so i can still beat the competition at the Track. And on top of that. they gave me a few spur and pinion gears for the proper gearing. so now they have a lifetime customer for their support!!
-Andy
dont PM me.. I don't get them on Taptalk
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

yaabrother1 wrote:couple weeks ago, i had Team Associated dial my SC10 in for me after i burnt up when of the LRP esc's. Team Associated not only sent me back a new ESC. but they gave me the SPHERE COMPITION that's totally Programmable so i can still beat the competition at the Track. And on top of that. they gave me a few spur and pinion gears for the proper gearing. so now they have a lifetime customer for their support!!
-Andy
ya, but can you drive it in your pool? haha
Ollie Penchansky
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

PBR wrote:ya, but can you drive it in your pool? haha
Translation:
PBR wrote:My Slash is slow as hell and loves to roll over, but at least it's waterproof!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Post by Polarcub »

I have slash and have a blast with it, the first day though I bent the stock shocks all to heck, those have isnce been replaced. Plans include going to the brushless motor. I use it in my back yard and for some entertainment in the desert in camp. Definately a hoot.
Jeremy
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

SteveG wrote:
PBR wrote:ya, but can you drive it in your pool? haha
Translation:
PBR wrote:My Slash is slow as hell and loves to roll over, but at least it's waterproof!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

I'm beginning to think my SC10 is defective. I've only crashed it really bad a three or four dozen times and I already had a control arm break! All I did this time was run the rear wheel right into an immovable water pipe!
Attachments
IMG_1367.JPG
IMG_1367.JPG (209.19 KiB) Viewed 793 times
Sho nuff,
SteveG
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

My buddy Jeff and I bought SC10s at the LOORS race in Vegas... and guess what? I burned my speed control up the second day and so did Jeff. Be need to make a mold for Bronco bodies for these...

He also broke a front control arm when we hit head on drunk. It's got RPM stuff now.

Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/