Used 2 post car lifts

Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Used 2 post car lifts

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Ok, I am going to get a 2 post car life for my Garage at home. I plan to raise the roof in the garage where needed, maybe add a gable roof above the lift.

So my question is for you guys that have lifts, what to avoid? Any manufacturer to avoid or type. I really wanted a two ram in ground lift, but that would be a huge deal to install and maintain.

I am thinking a 9k or 10k lbs lift with a overhead crossover bar and a clear floor. I also wanted the wider lift, so life is easier. If I get a used one, I will probably need to make or buy truck adapter's for the lift. Most of the new lifts come with them. Bendpak is my first thought or an Atlas.

What are your thoughts.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Re: Used 2 post car lifts

Post by 1Hondalover »

Bendpak if it were me David. Local sales, parts and service out of Santa Paula, CA.

https://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/two-post-lifts/

Though not the cost some of the others are.

Though not made like some of the others are.

But if you don't use it every day there's some room to cheese.

Not on your head though.
damon1272

Post by damon1272 »

Personally would do a hydraulically balanced lift so you don’t have to run a cross bar. I have a Mohawk 12 k lift. One of the best lifts I have used. Much better than a twin ram in floor lift or a cheaper cross bar with chain.
Also stay with a symmetrical lift arms. Much easier to use with shorter wheelbase vehicles and I find they are more stable than an a symmetrical arm.
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

One of the things is I want to be able to put on it is my Crew Cab F350 when I need to. It weights 8200lbs the last time I had it on the scales at the scrap yard.

I am definitely not going to be using it every day. It is for fun and a project storage lift.

I am leaning towards Bendpak.
I will be looking for a deal on something local in good condition.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk