Kaveman Motorsports and 2012

Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Kaveman Motorsports and 2012

Post by Polarcub »

First off I want to give huge props to everyone that has given the Team support over the last couple of years and contibuted to the success of the Team. Matt,Gary and I all Thank you. You guys and gals helped me sleep a little better when I was away and unable to be there when my family was racing and I knew that they had the best support possible.
Now onto 2012 for the Team. As you all know times are tight right now and Matt brainstormed a bit on a way for the team to raise some funds for the races in 2012 as well as giving back. Each race a charity will be identified that will recieve contributions. Feel free to suggest some charities as well for future races. The following is copied from the Kaveman Facebook page.....If you know of anyone that would be willing to help us out make the races this year please pass along the season is likely going to be a race to race one this year. We would love to get that championship this year!

Kaveman Motorsports is raising funds for the upcoming M.O.R.E season opener on Jan 21st., as well as raising funds to benefit autism family support and awareness. We want to make sure that we are doing what we can to help those who need support. Here is what we are doing to try and help families affected by autism.

Fifty percent of all donations will go directly to the organization: TACA
http://w...ww.tacanow.org/
Additionally, Kaveman Motorsports will donate 20 percent of any money won at the next M.O.R.E race to TACA.
Donations can be made via Paypal to: mrmatt59@yahoo.com

Autism currently affects 1 in every 91 children today. It is estimated there are over 1 million people in the United States alone with autism. TACA believes in early diagnosis, intensive therapies and medical intervention for children affected by autism. With early intervention, medical treatment unique to each person’s needs, and necessary support services for families many children can improve greatly and some can recover from their autistic symptoms. We believe the future is not defined for many children affected by autism. Hope and recovery is possible.

Please pass this information to your friends and family so we can help support the families and friends affected by autism.

Thanks again for all the support!
Jeremy
mrmatt
Bronco Info: I don't have a bronco but all of my chase crew does

Re: Kaveman Motorsports and 2012

Post by mrmatt »

Thank you for posting Jeremy!

As Jeremey said....please pass this information along. TACA is a great organization that helps to provide family support for those affected by autism. Last year I attended a TACA benefit with some friends of ours who's child has severe autism. It was an experience that I wont forget. My hat is off to these families for the love and patience that they demonstrate raising a child with autism. I watch our friends raise their son Odin (who turned 5 yesterday) and I realize how much growing I have to do as a parent.
mrmatt

Post by mrmatt »

Bump!
Let's get the word out for a great cause!
Silverslk
Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Baur Bronco......GONE to a better home

Post by Silverslk »

Good deal guys!!!
SteveG wrote:The point? It's amazing these front ends go down the road straight in any form! The TTB is brute. A broad sword and not a scalpel. That's why I love it!
mrmatt

Post by mrmatt »

Thanks Andy!

Let's get the word out everyone! This is a great cause and we have a week until the race! I would like this to be a succesful fundraiser for TACA!
mrmatt

Post by mrmatt »

Less than a week to go....
mrmatt

Post by mrmatt »

Since the TACA fundraiser has not been sucsesfull as of yet and we did not win any money to donate at the last race, I have decided to give it another try and extend the fundraiser to the next race that Kaveman Motorsports races!
Fifty percent of anything raised will go directly to TACA! Also, I will donate twenty percent of any money won at the next race we compete at to TACA. Donations can be made via Paypal to: mrmatt59@yahoo.com.
Feel free to PM me or email me with any questions.

Please pass the info along so we can raise some support for those that need it!

Thank you!
mrmatt

Post by mrmatt »

The front beam had alot of cracks but I have welded them all up and it is good as newish!
Attachments
0216121110.jpg
0216121110.jpg (259.1 KiB) Viewed 901 times
mrmatt

Post by mrmatt »

Just a quick update....as everyone knows by now we are sitting out a couple races. But I am using this time to really go over the car and fix things right so when we come back we will be unstoppable!
The car is stripped down now. I have some welding to do in the back of the car. The parts list is getting bigger tho. Pulled the spring plates off today and big surprise...need new ones. It looks like the motor should be squared away sooner rather than later.
Thank you all for your T-shirt orders....it helped so much. I am very grateful for all the support from everyone.
Also, thank you to Philo, Tony and Andy for working together to get us some awesome tires at the swapmeet!!
The next MORE race is next weekend. I am working on a deal to drive another car (not a 9 either) but there is nothing set in stone yet, so we will see what happens.

i will update again soon!
fixxor
Bronco Info: 03 Ranger 4x4 no more bronco :(

Post by fixxor »

Thanks for the update. Question, why do you have holes drilled throughout the seamed part of the beam? If you ever need a hand working on it or maybe a part shoot me a PM.
mrmatt

Post by mrmatt »

The holes are drilled and welded to reinforce the seam.
Thank you for the offer! We appreciate all the help we can get!
mrmatt

Post by mrmatt »

Some work that got accomplished today. Also, rebuilt 1 front brake. The other should get done tommorow!

Sorry the pic is sideways
Attachments
0316121302.jpg
0316121302.jpg (193.38 KiB) Viewed 812 times
mrmatt

Post by mrmatt »

Just to update.....

I have done everything that I can do (and afford) on the car for now. Just waiting on some parts and some $$$ to get it all back togethor and go win some races!
mrmatt

Post by mrmatt »

I am happy to say that the Kaveman Motorsport Facebook page now has 100 likes! Thank you to everyone for making that happen!

Stop by our page and stay updated!
mrmatt

Post by mrmatt »

A quick update on the 990 progress.

The front end is about 90% back together. Just need to rebuild the front shocks, tighten the tie rods and align it.

THe engine case, cylinders, flywheel and pressure plate are at Brother's VW in Ontario. Also have ordered new crank, rods and lifters. So I should have all the parts back in a week or so. Ended up having to spend a little more than orignally planned but I think that is just how it is supposed to go! lol.

I hope to have the engine back togethor by the end of the month.

Also, dropped of spring plate hubs at Mohr Performance last weekend and I hope to have the spring plates back in a week.

All that will be left by the ned of the month should be to get the transmission to Dave folts and the lights to Baja HID for prep.
mrmatt

Post by mrmatt »

Update for the California 500. Myself and Gary will be driving the Ventura #984 car next weekend! Really looking forward to getting some time behind the wheel! Thank you to Armando and Jorge Ventura as well as Mke Cote for gving us the oppurtunity to drive their car!
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

nice - stepping up as a hired gun/driver now huh???
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Sweet! Do you guys need any help? I may be able to make it.
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
mrmatt

Post by mrmatt »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:nice - stepping up as a hired gun/driver now huh???

That's the idea!....now I just need an unlimited team to take notice! :mrgreen:
mrmatt

Post by mrmatt »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Sweet! Do you guys need any help? I may be able to make it.

Thank you Randy! I don't think we NEED the help, but if you want to come out there is always room for you!