The Gun Thread

robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Re: The Gun Thread

Post by robertcrav »

TrevorPiggott wrote:Anyone have any recommendations on places with good prices on gun safes?
Any recommendations on 10+ gun safes? Hoping to pay 450-650.
Was looking at this one ( http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/w ... n-capacity )then then I read some comments about "getting better for the money" blah blah typical internet talk. If anyone knows of a better deal please post up.

The stack on 8 gun "safe" we have is cramped and it will be time to upgrade in the near future to something that can fit the pistols and ammo
Keep an eye on Craigslist...
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Costco. I think they had a 27 gun safe for 800ish and a 14 or 17 long gun for 600ish. The big boy they have is beautiful.
MOSS2

Post by MOSS2 »

Might be worth a look at Liberty safes in Sacramento. They may have scratch n dent or closeout deals. I don't have any experience with them just one place I have seen local.
TrevorPiggott
Bronco Info: 99 F250 and a 1994 I started building but spends too much time sitting untouched...

Post by TrevorPiggott »

Rmc wrote:Costco. I think they had a 27 gun safe for 800ish and a 14 or 17 long gun for 600ish. The big boy they have is beautiful.
Never been to Costco. Its one of those places you have to be a member to go to right?
robertcrav wrote: Keep an eye on Craigslist...
Have been. Surprised at the lack of safes.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Roberts right they don't have much for choice but the prices are decent for what you get.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

robertcrav
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Could also post a wanted ad ON calguns lots of guys upgrading to bigger...
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Hey Robert I totally agree with you. The main reason I suggested Costco is cause I saw a safe there last time that was 4.5'x5' for 900$ and some change it held 15 pistols on the door and 36 or 42 long guns I believe. It was remmington brand I think and man o man it was hard to resist for the price. But ya your right cl is a good bet or local gun shops sell em on consignment on occasion. At an absolute worst case just get a century, bott kennedy, or stack on brand lock box. It's just a heavy guage steel box but I'd recommend that over nothing at all to anyone who has no way of securing their stuff. Got to keep the big boy toys away from kids.
TrevorPiggott
Bronco Info: 99 F250 and a 1994 I started building but spends too much time sitting untouched...

Post by TrevorPiggott »

robertcrav wrote:Could also post a wanted ad ON calguns lots of guys upgrading to bigger...
Browsing Calguns right now actually. For some reason I thought more people would selling safes on CL/Calguns.

Costco ones seem nice, most just seem a little too out of the price range. As much as I would like one that would be massive, hard to break into and handle fire protection well, my mine needs lie with keeping all my gun materials in one place (locked up) rather than throughout my room. Just trying to find the best deal for the budget.
TrevorPiggott

Post by TrevorPiggott »

Thanks to those giving recommendations/comments by the way
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

If I ever upgrade my current safe ill post it up. Good luck with the search.
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

I'll keep an eye out as well... not sure if Turners is up in your neck of the woods, but join their mailing list as well as Big 5... they occasionally go on sale. Also...if you can hold out I know the bigger holiday sales help prices too
gunit

Post by gunit »

All of the safes offered by the discount chains are junk. They are designed to keep guns away from kids. They do not offer real protection for thieves or fire.

I suggest that you contact a real safe store such as this: http://www.westcoastsafes.com
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

If you are looking for a cheap way to lock/hide your guns get an old soda machine and convert the inside. It seals air 100% and they are super cheap when they don't work. It's also less obvious than an actual safe.

billy1911

Post by billy1911 »

I would suggest Sun Welding for a safe. There in Simi Valley and have great customer service. My dad, brother and myself have one. You can normally get a great deal on them the last day of the Ventura Gun Show. http://www.sunweldingsafes.com/
billy1911

Post by billy1911 »

Firearms Thursday, Race Guns http://sirsquarters.com/?p=2061
Attachments
razor-cat.jpg
razor-cat.jpg (63.76 KiB) Viewed 705 times
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

I am thinking about a home self defense hand gun for my mom.

I am thinking that the Smith & Weston Governor Snub nose revolver that uses a
2.5" 410 shotgun shell would work great in the house. The cool thing is she does not have to be a great shot to hit an attacker. It also uses .45 cal in the same gun.

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1403231565571.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1403231565571.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1403231565571.jpg (33.25 KiB) Viewed 682 times
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

Is that still legal? I went to OC Armory inquiring about a Taurus Judge (same caliber/similar specs) they said it was taking almost a yr to process because they had to registered as any other weapons .
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

If you find out different I will pick one up too
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

I like the sound of that pistol. It's always cool when something shoots multiple rounds.