Baja Bob's Mike's Peak Ultimate Hill Climb

Races, meets, etc
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Anyone going? I'll be there Tuesday through, possibly, Monday depending when racing ends Sunday.

http://stadiumsupertrucks.com/2016-mikes-peak/
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Re: Baja Bob's Mike's Peak Ultimate Hill Climb

Post by SteveG »

Hooooly crap. What an amazing event. This is no regular race. Truly, something special. I got to spend tons of time driving up and down the the course... wow! A freakin' blast! Watching the SST's in the course was insane. The fastest the RZR I was driving would go on course was 80mph. Robby was doing about 140! Can't wait until next year. It's going to be bad ass.
IMG_3564.JPG
IMG_3564.JPG (483.32 KiB) Viewed 555 times
Attachments
IMG_3565.JPG
IMG_3565.JPG (341.43 KiB) Viewed 555 times
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

The pics all over social media look amazing. Those truck and drivers are incredible.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

They really are. I want one! Seriously, what an amazing event. Everyone from some of the fastest drivers in off-road to the volunteer course workers were too notch and incredibly humble.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
hollandermotorsports
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Post by hollandermotorsports »

Robby was doing 140mph? In an SST? Is that an exaggeration because 140 in a sst would be down right scary especially on dirt? Way to short of wheelbase. I have driven a lot of things and the fastest I have been on a dry lake bed tapped out for miles we finally got to 133 mph and stuff comes at you way fast actually too fast. I know there are a few trucks and 1 cars that have seen 150mph but it takes a while to get there and usually only on a wide open dry lake bed not winding road up to Mikes. I have a couple buddies that work for Robby that said the SST trucks wouldn't break 100mph before so they must have gotten a special set up for his at this event. Unless it was his TT but last I heard that is taken apart right now for prep for qualifying and the 1000. 80 in a RZR isn't bad at all. Mine tops out at 72 on the black top.
hollandermotorsports

So after talking to him he said he did 156 in the #2 Gordini with Sheldon at Dakar last year so it is definitely doable if they had that package. The bodies are some what aero dynamic. It must have been at the start is the only area I can think of. Robby is an animal.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

To be honest, I know know very little about the SST's. Up until this past week, I never bothered to look at one. Now that I've seen them in action... WOW! They seriously are impressive. As for he 140mph, I can't verify it, that's just what Robby told us when we were BS'ing afterward. But I can tell you they were blistering fast and in the straight-ish sections, you could be wide open for quite some time and any vehicle would easily each it's top speed.

80mph in the RZR was fun. It had more in it but the ECM tune needed some tweaking but I didn't have time to play with it.

Damn good times. If any of you can make it next year, DO IT.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
hollandermotorsports

Awesome. I'll have to check it out next year.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Mike's Peak on CBS... man. I cannot wait till next year!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/2Ra8BY0ZX ... ure=oembed
Sho nuff,
SteveG