Bishop to Bodie

Races, meets, etc
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Bishop to Bodie

Post by Nick »

Putting this up, no hard details yet. Looking at june. Throw out some dates.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Re: Bishop to Bodie

Post by dtbback »

How long is the trip?
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

Example.JPG
Example.JPG (133.72 KiB) Viewed 1569 times
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

Any idea how much?
Cactus Cooler
Bronco Info: 90 Bronco EB EDITION

Post by Cactus Cooler »

1Hondalover wrote:
Example.JPG
Isnt that from Dick Allen Safari adventure trip in Mammoth?
I'M ALL JACKED UP ON MOUNTIN DEWwwwww!
Cactus Cooler

Post by Cactus Cooler »

I would love to do this, we are actually planning a trip up in the area to do a little fishing around that time. I was thinking of staying on the Walker River camp ground ( cant remember the name) but its just before the inlet to Crawly I think? Love Bishop Lake Sabrina area grew up fishing a that lake as kid, Bodie is always cool, would like to see it in the Winter with some snow fall.
Isnt someone on the GFB site live in this area? I kind of remember reading some old post somewhere???
Cactus Cooler

Post by Cactus Cooler »

Some dates to remember are : Baja 500 is June 2-5 & V2R Aug 17-21
MOSS2

Post by MOSS2 »

Bishop to Bodie.JPG
Bishop to Bodie.JPG (176.75 KiB) Viewed 1536 times
Here is a route I made up. It is right at 100miles with only 5 pavement. 9500ft max elevation so could have snow in Oct. Other ways to go but would add quite a bit of mileage. Unlikely to make a longer trip with a big group in a day I would think. It is still about 35 miles I think to gas in Bridgeport or back down to LeeVining on pavement.
dtbback

Post by dtbback »

Is it mostly gofast?
MOSS2

Post by MOSS2 »

dtbback wrote:Is it mostly gofast?
Yes pretty fast in a good rig. Not really any crawling unless there are washouts, which is always possible. I haven't been on quite a few of the roads for several years. 4wd probably good idea in a couple spots.
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

MOSS2 wrote:Yes pretty fast in a good rig. Not really any crawling.....
This peaks our interest a little more.
1Hondalover

Post by 1Hondalover »

Cactus Cooler wrote:Isnt that from Dick Allen Safari adventure trip in Mammoth?
Yes - a very fun run with friends and lots of camaraderie. Dick Allen is a friend of ours. We did that run many times on bikes......the last I think in 2008 at Mach 1 on my XR650R.

They run a Jeep show up there too but it's a crawling thing.
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

Ok. June 17-19 is the dates. Greg (Broncodawg) will be plotting the course, so stay tuned for details. Remember, we are a no man left behind group. The fast guys can go fast, and the rest can enjoy the scenery.
Cactus Cooler

Post by Cactus Cooler »

1Hondalover wrote:
Cactus Cooler wrote:Isnt that from Dick Allen Safari adventure trip in Mammoth?
Yes - a very fun run with friends and lots of camaraderie. Dick Allen is a friend of ours. We did that run many times on bikes......the last I think in 2008 at Mach 1 on my XR650R.

They run a Jeep show up there too but it's a crawling thing.
One of the Guys on are team helps Dick mark the course and plays clean up on the trail for stragglers. Great guide and a world of knowledge, a total MacGyver when something needs fixed with only a tooth brush & roll of ductape.
My neighbor did the Mammoth Safari about that same time, he said he absolutely loved
Nick wrote:Ok. June 17-19 is the dates. Greg (Broncodawg) will be plotting the course, so stay tuned for details. Remember, we are a no man left behind group. The fast guys can go fast, and the rest can enjoy the scenery.
On the calender, Sounds like fun! Just wondering if it would be 100 miles in 1 day or a overnight?
dtbback

Post by dtbback »

On my calendar too!
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

We need some input from those interested in going. Are you willing to be in Bishop on thurs to get an early start on fri? we are looking at 2 nights camping, and being back in Bishop early enough on Sunday to get home at a decent hour. Obviously, the earlier we head out on Fri, the more we can see and do. If not, those that can make an early start can head out, and we could meet up with others in Lee Vining? We will be mostly in the dirt, nothing real technical, unless you guys want to do some crawling. Greg is talking about going on the backside of Mono Lake, to Bodie, then heading east into Nevada and checking out other ghost towns. Like i said, mostly dirt, remote camping. Post up what you guys would like to do. Don, are you interested in going? We'd love to get input from you either way, as these are your old stomping grounds
dtbback

Post by dtbback »

I can be there Thursday night for an early start on Friday.
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

We'll be there. Will probably roll up early Thursday.
fomoco51
Bronco Info: 1992 bronco project

Post by fomoco51 »

I really want to do this run, just not sure if she's up to the challenge yet. Buying a house has really slowed my progress. But I'm gonna try.
dtbback

Re:

Post by dtbback »

fomoco51 wrote:I really want to do this run, just not sure if she's up to the challenge yet. Buying a house has really slowed my progress. But I'm gonna try.

I spoke with Nick about this yesterday. He said that it's mostly well graded fire road. According to him, my Rancho kit is up to the challenge. So your bronco should make this look easy.