Bishop to Bodie

Races, meets, etc
Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

Re: Bishop to Bodie

Post by Broncodawg »

Hey guys bout time I checked in, but love being off the computer since retirement!!!haha. Thanks Nick for getting this rolling! Working on a killer loop adventure that doesn't overlap at all and we'll only be crossing blacktop 6 times by my rough calcs. Don's map is roughly what I had in mind for Friday. Camp near Mono Lake Friday night so late arrivals can catch up if need be. Saturday, roll into Bodie, tour it and then head east to Masonic and Aurora ghost towns in Nevada. Because the roads are primarily graded road hoping to cover a bunch of ground Saturday as we loop back east and into CA.
We'll cross hwy 167, which goes to Hawthorne, and make our way to the Adobe Valley, where we'll camp at an old stage coach stop wtih cabin corrals, spring and a pond. Wild horses grazing last time through there!
Sunday morning the dirt continues along fast powerline roads through Old Benton,another stage stop on hwy 120. From there it's all dirt back to Bishop, complete with stops for Indian Petroglyphs. We can be back in Bishop by noon depending on petroglyph interest.
A little easy two track wheeling Saturday going through the Glass mtns, but a stock bronco no problem and rest of the roads are graded high speed for cars.......Yahoo! Tech challenged, but we'll put together a map soon and I'm going to prerun the Nevada section soon too.
Good to get back on here. Greg
Ole Yeller-89 Bronco Prerunner/77 Bronco rock rig/79 F100 prerunner yard art
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

What kind of rig is required for this? I'm interested but not interested in tearing up equipment... considering joining the group In a pickup with a pop-up camper. In other words, no serious wheeling or high speed stuff.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

Post by Broncodawg »

Hi, not sure if that would be a very good fit for an overland trip like this. Planning some miles into it that requires making some good time to get it done.
Don't know how you're willing to drive with your camper though, so?
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Bishop to Bodie

Post by Nick »

Greg was out prerunning for the trip. Here are some pics.

Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Bishop to Bodie

Post by Nick »

dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

Can't wait for this!!
Broncodawg

Post by Broncodawg »

Thanks for posting my pics Nick. The campfire pic with the dogs is where we'll be camping Friday night overlooking Mono Lake. This all dirt route is a huge loop with only a couple miles of overlap right outside of Bishop. Lots of fast graded road, sandy two track and some slower mountain two track thrown in to bring Yikes back to earth...haha. Plenty of little teaser whoops for fun too. Probably around 200 miles (will nail it down better soon) but easy run into Lee Vining Friday night for gas if we need to. Looks like only 5 paved road crossings, but the last one in old Benton may require a mile or so of black top.....Aaargh! Still working on a way around it...haha! More to come.
Becks_Bronco
Bronco Info: 96 Eddie Bauer, 5.8

Post by Becks_Bronco »

I'm in for this. My brother will be joining us, so two stock Tacomas :)

Likely will roll up Thursday as well for an early start Friday.

I'm not much of a cook, but I am happy to bring along plenty of food, if we can get a good head count and share in the prep for evening meals. Breakfast and lunch usually seem to be on individual terms.
Rustbucketracer
Bronco Info: 1993 BRONCO, grocery getter

Bishop to Bodie

Post by Rustbucketracer »

What are the dates for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Rustbucketracer wrote:What are the dates for this?
Making this big so it stands out on the page. Maybe we should add it to the thread title.

Bishop to Bodie June 17-19
D1cker1
Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior

Post by D1cker1 »

I did this route a few weeks ago.. Its fun
Integrity, Money, Relevance
1amD1cker1@gmail.com
Becks_Bronco

Post by Becks_Bronco »

I am meeting up with my brother Thursday in Sacramento, and we'll cross the Sierras into Bishop Probably Friday morning.
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

I'm going to give Greg a call to make sure he remembers this. Retirement has given him AADD. Hahaha! Still planning to go....especially since my other vacation opportunities have been snuffed. See you Friday Will!
HotRod82
Bronco Info: 99 Explorer -Dixon Front, Giant 64 rear.

Post by HotRod82 »

Looks like I'm in too....Anyone have any ideas on where to park my truck and trailer? I'd like to trailer up my explorer.
Becks_Bronco

Post by Becks_Bronco »

i'm sure there's somewhere in Bishop you can park it.
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

HotRod82 wrote:Looks like I'm in too....Anyone have any ideas on where to park my truck and trailer? I'd like to trailer up my explorer.
Greg will hook you up with a spot Rod. Yes, I'm speaking for him. Hahaha! Greg! Where are you?!!!
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

Just got a message from Greg. He's ready and will jump on here early next week to update.
HotRod82

Post by HotRod82 »

yikes wrote:
HotRod82 wrote:Looks like I'm in too....Anyone have any ideas on where to park my truck and trailer? I'd like to trailer up my explorer.
Greg will hook you up with a spot Rod. Yes, I'm speaking for him. Hahaha! Greg! Where are you?!!!
Awesome. It's either that or I was looking at just parking my rig in a campground.
HotRod82

Post by HotRod82 »

Thought I would bump this thread and see if this run is still alive. BajaBuck and I were planning on loading up my explorer and joining the fun.....anyone else still in?
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

Still on!! Greg and I spoke Wed. Will update the itinerary next week after we return from Baja.