Monthly Night Time Local Meet-up?

Races, meets, etc
Baja
Bronco Info: 95, 5.8, E4OD, 4:88s Front: 4.5 C&T, 2.5 C/O Rear: Deavers Shackles 3.0 bypass All Threat

Monthly Night Time Local Meet-up?

Post by Baja »

I was just thinking that it would be cool if there was a once a month Bronco/Any Prerunner meet in the evenings, where people from the board could meet up at a local burger/pizza joint, just to shoot the crap, talk shop, check out each others rides, etc. It could even be a roving location. That way, eventually, it would be a more convenient location at times for everyone. Say like a spot in Temecula for Riverside/San Bernardino, OC and San Diego county people, then another in LA or OC, and I guess there could be separate ones for NorCal, Nevada and AZ folks, if they have enough people interested. Those last ones would be difficult I think.

Unlike a desert run, it would only be a couple of hours out of a week night or weekend day/night, and even if your steed is down for maintenance, you could still take the family truckster and attend. I for one think it would be a great idea. What are your thoughts?
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Re: Monthly Night Time Local Meet-up?

Post by tcm glx »

I'm in
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Had a guy try & do this in the past an attendance was minimal from what I heard. That being said I'm open for it. My schedule is pretty tight, but if one of these falls on a night when I'm free & I can sneak away for a bit to chat with the crew I definitely would. Been a while since I've seen many of the guys.
Baja
Bronco Info: 95, 5.8, E4OD, 4:88s Front: 4.5 C&T, 2.5 C/O Rear: Deavers Shackles 3.0 bypass All Threat

Post by Baja »

I figured and wondered if it had been attempted before. Once a month doesn't seem too tough. I think we should do a poll for which night of the week and frequency. If that goes well, then pick locations based on the location of everyone that shows interest.
Baja

Post by Baja »

Even every other month would be better than noting and may make it more viable for people to attend.
keenanduran1
Bronco Info: 1993 Bronco. 1992 F150

Post by keenanduran1 »

I'm in South Orange County and I'm in. Where did you have in mind?
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

At the in-n-out in Menifee, corona, and riverside they do prerunner meets Thursday nights from 7-9pm. I've been to the Menifee one a few times. After 9 the guys from the Menifee one goto a local spot and jump their trucks. I haven't attended the jump portion cause I work for a living lol but the prerunner guys do meet if you guys weren't aware. The broncos generally don't get much press though.
Baja

Post by Baja »

Rmc wrote:At the in-n-out in Menifee, corona, and riverside they do prerunner meets Thursday nights from 7-9pm. I've been to the Menifee one a few times. After 9 the guys from the Menifee one goto a local spot and jump their trucks. I haven't attended the jump portion cause I work for a living lol but the prerunner guys do meet if you guys weren't aware. The broncos generally don't get much press though.
I had no idea. Good to know though, because I know my son would like to check it out. Do they alternate between the different locations, or do they do each once every Thursday?
keenanduran1
Bronco Info: 1993 Bronco. 1992 F150

Post by keenanduran1 »

I'd like something a little more coastal. Maybe somewhere in Aliso Viejo or near South Coast Plaza
Baja

Post by Baja »

And I'd like it in Long Beach, by my house, or in Orange, by my office :lol:
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

Just about impossible in AZ.... I quit trying.
Baja

Post by Baja »

yeah, I figured as much, Ryan. You probably have one guy in the Phoenix area, one in Tucson and Philo in Bullhead who would be interested.
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

Yup.
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

Count in for a once a month meet up!
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

I'm not sure if they alternate I'd imagine some do though.
birch
Bronco Info: 87 full size Donahoe racing longtravel deavers and king shocks

Post by birch »

Im in Buena Park and interested. Interested in desert runs too.
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

What about meeting in Baja?? Now that will get us a good turn out. Who's in??
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

BajaBronco13 wrote:What about meeting in Baja?? Now that will get us a good turn out. Who's in??

Double in for Baja.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

It's about time for another Baja HID/Los Amigos trip. No?

I would love for GFB members to have regular gatherings. It's why we started the board in the first place. Use it! Being several hours away, I'm not going to commit to a regular meeting but it would absolutely give me some incentive to go south to see people I rarely get to see. And some I've never met!

I know it's been attempted before with occasional success, but I think it would be cool to change it up when there is an event/race. A get together after, before, prerunning, tailgating, whatever... anything to get people out, socializing and sharing our similar interests. There's a small handful of members that do that but a lot of us that don't take advantage of what we have here... a group of really good group of like-minded folks of all walks of life.

There will come a time when we're all totally over this stuff, too busy (or in the illusion that we are), too old, broke, whatever, to enjoy this kind of thing. Live in the now and PLEASE, use GFB to promote such things. It is at your disposal.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Sure is time for another trip Steve.....well almost. October again this year. Currently in the planning stages but it will be in Ocotillo/Plaster City/Borrego Springs.

A few years ago a bunch of us went go karting and then for pizza. I'd totally be up for that again.