Off the Jackstands Bronco Fun Run

Races, meets, etc
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

Really a bunch of super cool Broncos in process on GFB right now.....from sleepers to racers. I'd love to see an hour, day, weekend or whatever when we could gather a pile of these rigs for a real run together. Seems silly we all have these things so close together but never really come together.

We realize life gets in the way, but time and opportunity doesn't just present itself.....it has to be made. Based on all the great work here, I'd think everyone would want to hit the dirt and make the "F" in GFB continue to stand for something. I'm not looking to plan this today, but if everyone can get off the jackstands and commit to something I would.
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

Im in if we can do something between Az and Ca. Any more than a 4hr drive in the Bronco is mind numbing.
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Re: Off the Jackstands Bronco Fun Run

Post by flyinbronco »

I won't be making any trips until after April. I'm saving all my bullets for the Norra Mexican 1000. My friend John and I will be racing the Autofab F100 spare parts truck again this year and this is my only focus right now.

Here's a thought. With the separate routes for bikes, vintage and evo classes this year it looks like Team Autofab could use a couple experienced chasers to cover chase duties for day one between Ensenada and San Felipe/Puertecitos so main chase truck with the trailer can run down the Pacific side and avoid the washboard south of Gonzaga Bay. Anybody want to help us out?

And thought #2 Dave Cole is setting up sweep teams to cover the three courses for Norra. He claims hotels are paid for and he's working on getting gas paid as well. He's got a thread going on Pirate4x4 if anybody is interested. His post says he's looking for a few Jeep Jk's and Raptors but we all know Broncos work better. It would be a great chance to see Baja and help stranded racers at the same time. If I wasn't racing in it I'd be all over it.
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

1Hondalover wrote:.....and make the "F" in GFB continue to stand for something.
That's right! We need more GFB's to GF. I like your thinking Jim. Yeti is locked and loaded.
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

flyinbronco wrote:I won't be making any trips until after April. I'm saving all my bullets for the Norra Mexican 1000. My friend John and I will be racing the Autofab F100 spare parts truck again this year and this is my only focus right now.
Please don't mess up the course for us Rick.....we're going to be right behind you May 13.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Princess is IN. Put a date out there Jim.

As for Locations, a few thoughts;
1) Ocotillo/Borrego, Truck Haven is a good midpoint for folks in Sd, LA, and AZ.

2) Barstow is super centric for LA folks, and also gets closer for the Nor Cal peeps.

3) Mexico......Ummm, tacos and Churros, nut said!

PS.....Rick, I'm going down for NORRA. Just gonna be there for the weekend, and specifically day one of the race but happy to help you and John if needed with whatever's needed (including just standing around eating Tacos)
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

What happened to the Goat's sky ranch run?
1Hondalover

Post by 1Hondalover »

There was some discussion with no commitment, and then crickets Nick. The thread went silent so Paige and I booked right over the time to visit with Steve in March, do some Bronco prep & testing in April, then a nice long trip down the peninsula right after NORRA in May.

Jim & Paige's Bronco will be spent by the end of May, and ready to go back up on the jackstands over the Summer for Phase 2. We'll be ready to put some more "F" in our "B" as soon as the weather cools for Fall, and then here comes Huckfest. Then it'll be Christmas.

Damn that was fast.
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

This sounds awesome!! I'll show up pretty much whenever or wherever. Just need some advanced notice.
donncdrc
Bronco Info: 1996 fullsize

Post by donncdrc »

As I have mentioned in another post, I have property in Ocotillo Wells about a mile outside the park centrally located between Truck Haven and Plaster city within walking distance of the Iron door. We have power, water, and a fire pit. I am happy to offer this as a base for a fun run. My Bronco goes fast (fast as a Bronco will go that is) a few times a month out there so I am open if someone wants to set a date.... I also have a Baja and a few guys with cars will be coming out on Good Friday and we will be doing a run to Superstition. Everyone is invited. Let me know
hollandermotorsports
Bronco Info: 1990 Bronco lifted, 1995 Centurian F-150 with body lift delete

Post by hollandermotorsports »

I am hoping to test mine within the next few weeks. After post Norra prep I will be in on any runs or gatherings. I think it would be a blast. maybe a barstow to laughlin run or even a ocotillo to superstition to plastercity and back run.
HotRod82
Bronco Info: 99 Explorer -Dixon Front, Giant 64 rear.

Post by HotRod82 »

donncdrc wrote:As I have mentioned in another post, I have property in Ocotillo Wells about a mile outside the park centrally located between Truck Haven and Plaster city within walking distance of the Iron door. We have power, water, and a fire pit. I am happy to offer this as a base for a fun run. My Bronco goes fast (fast as a Bronco will go that is) a few times a month out there so I am open if someone wants to set a date.... I also have a Baja and a few guys with cars will be coming out on Good Friday and we will be doing a run to Superstition. Everyone is invited. Let me know
I might take you up on this and bring my buggy down. Can you go from your property in a non plated buggy?
funinthesun95
Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco MAF UsShift

Post by funinthesun95 »

I can also make this happen as well. Just let me know when.....

with the new Baby Boy taking up most of my life...... I have only committed to CODE races this year for Chase/ Pitt support......so those dates would be the only conflict I have.
HotRod82
Bronco Info: 99 Explorer -Dixon Front, Giant 64 rear.

Post by HotRod82 »

If you guys are looking for another fun route Buck and I rode our bikes from Yuma to Parker. Great route about 175 miles virtually all dirt and you end up in Parker.
dtbback
Bronco Info: 1996 EB 351W!! First Bronco!! Plan: Prerunner/ Trail Rig/ SHTF All around Rig

Post by dtbback »

donncdrc wrote:As I have mentioned in another post, I have property in Ocotillo Wells about a mile outside the park centrally located between Truck Haven and Plaster city within walking distance of the Iron door. We have power, water, and a fire pit. I am happy to offer this as a base for a fun run. My Bronco goes fast (fast as a Bronco will go that is) a few times a month out there so I am open if someone wants to set a date.... I also have a Baja and a few guys with cars will be coming out on Good Friday and we will be doing a run to Superstition. Everyone is invited. Let me know
I will totally make the drive down for this whenever it is planned!!
Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

We just started looking for land on the Ocotillo side by Plaster City. Looking for 10 to 25 acres if anyone knows of land for sale. I want to be away from the crowds.

I would love to make it out once my Bronco is back on the road. Right now mine only goes as fast as I can tow it. :-)
birdco85
Bronco Info: 95 5.8 MAF E4OD

Post by birdco85 »

This sounds like a great time!
1Hondalover

Post by 1Hondalover »

With Don at the head of the Ocotillo class, and several others of you familiar with the area, this could work. Still a long way for Ryan but I don't know anything between, and even further for NorCal folks. Lots of hype here.....for us this would have to be a fall thing - how about early November?

I've been thinking about a three day/two night GGG trip for a while now. Pretty much Ghost Towns, Gold Mines & Go Fast Broncos ripping the Nevada desert Tonopah south. Love to do overnights like Tonopah Station and Santa Fe in Goldfield. Stops at Gold Point and Goodsprings would be cool.....lunch at the saloons with cocktails & cowboy steaks at night.

Could be fun and something different.
dtbback

Post by dtbback »

1Hondalover wrote:With Don at the head of the Ocotillo class, and several others of you familiar with the area, this could work. Still a long way for Ryan but I don't know anything between, and even further for NorCal folks. Lots of hype here.....for us this would have to be a fall thing - how about early November?

I've been thinking about a three day/two night GGG trip for a while now. Pretty much Ghost Towns, Gold Mines & Go Fast Broncos ripping the Nevada desert Tonopah south. Love to do overnights like Tonopah Station and Santa Fe in Goldfield. Stops at Gold Point and Goodsprings would be cool.....lunch at the saloons with cocktails & cowboy steaks at night.

Could be fun and something different.
This sounds awesome! Hopefully my build will be somewhere in the stage of "needing finishing touches" when you want to do these. I am in. Let me know when!!
donncdrc
Bronco Info: 1996 fullsize

Post by donncdrc »

Someone throw out a date and see what happens. I am out there twice a month so I can make most anytime work. I am limited for space inside my truck so I am not interested in anything overnight however with a little pavement time we could do as Rodney suggested and end up in Parker. I also have ran all day in a loop and got in over 100 miles and have never been more then 30 miles from my RV.