KOH 2015

Races, meets, etc
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Re: KOH 2015

Post by 1Hondalover »

Yes.....when I was there before Christmas for just a few minutes, I saw the place broken up into sort of three areas. One was a large part of the space where the stage was, the L shaped bar and another part of the room was in the middle, and a large area filled with dining tables was a third. I didn't really look into the stage part of the room much, but I could see how they could rope off that at the bar/fireplace.

If they only allowed ticketed folks into the bar/stage area and kept regular food service where all the tables are, the music could still be heard easily. It will be interesting to see how they do it and how busy it is on a Thursday night.

Looking forward to this trip!
drewbee88
Bronco Info: Rhonda the Bronco is her name, shredding dirt is her game.

Re: Re: KOH 2015

Post by drewbee88 »

1Hondalover wrote:Yes.....when I was there before Christmas for just a few minutes, I saw the place broken up into sort of three areas. One was a large part of the space where the stage was, the L shaped bar and another part of the room was in the middle, and a large area filled with dining tables was a third. I didn't really look into the stage part of the room much, but I could see how they could rope off that at the bar/fireplace.

If they only allowed ticketed folks into the bar/stage area and kept regular food service where all the tables are, the music could still be heard easily. It will be interesting to see how they do it and how busy it is on a Thursday night.

Looking forward to this trip!
My wife and I are in! If your making reservations.
crisis88
Bronco Info: 94 fsb stock

KOH 2015

Post by crisis88 »

Just got home from my first KOH. It was definitely an experience. I have to thank Tony for the invite and for showing me the ropes. It was nice seeing some of the old faces and meeting some new ones. I look forward as always to the next trip. From Alexis and I, thanks everyone for the hospitality
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

KOH 2015

Post by Tchajagos »

I saw a few Broncos out there but I didn't see the people driving them. I wish I would have hooked up with you guys out there. I had no idea where I was going or what I was doing. Got there Friday morning and sat at the jackhammers for a bit till it piled up. Drove around in the sand a bit then went into hammertown. Pretty neat experience. I can't wait to go back!
D1cker1
Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior

KOH 2015

Post by D1cker1 »

Fun times at koH. Good to see everyone
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

Lots of KOH fun for us and super cool to see Tony and everyone at Pappy & Harriet's for dinner on Thursday. Unfortunately we only saw Tony at Jackhammer but heard there were lots of Broncos out there. Staying in Pioneertown was the ticket for us.....shows both nights for dinner and some speedy sand two track shortcuts on our way to the event. We never met Don in person - sat at the same table on Friday night and didn't even know it was him until we talked on Saturday morning at the hotel! Let's get the Bronco out there Don.....why don't you host a GFB event in Ocotillo?

Lots of us there but hard to corral Broncos with no advance plan and crappy mobile service. We saw one nice Bronco that belongs to a lurker here and told him to jump in! Jim & Paige's Bronco got new outer parts on the 9" before the trip, but somehow the right rear bearing got loose so we babied it a bit on Friday. A bit of a cooling issue too.....not sure what that's about, but on the list for a new CBR and Stewart Components.

Hope everyone had a good time......these are the only pictures I have for the moment. We'll be back and it might be before KOH 2016......like when Joan Jett plays P&H.....we'll call it Broncos & Blackhearts!
IMG_7065 (Medium).JPG
IMG_7065 (Medium).JPG (168.29 KiB) Viewed 681 times
IMG_7069 (Medium).JPG
IMG_7069 (Medium).JPG (195.14 KiB) Viewed 681 times
IMG_7078 (Medium).JPG
IMG_7078 (Medium).JPG (210.58 KiB) Viewed 681 times
IMG_7077 (Medium).JPG
IMG_7077 (Medium).JPG (196.06 KiB) Viewed 681 times
IMG_7075 (Medium).JPG
IMG_7075 (Medium).JPG (214.43 KiB) Viewed 681 times
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Jim and Paige, was great to meet you guys as well.....really wish we coordinated better to hang some more! Either way great to connect! The bronco is awesome....looks fast even parked. Till next time!
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

1Hondalover wrote:We'll be back and it might be before KOH 2016......like when Joan Jett plays P&H.....we'll call it Broncos & Blackhearts!
Hell yeah! That sounds like a good time. Missed you out there Jim. Saw your Bronco parked about 1/4 mile from my camp, but didn't see you around. Next time.
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

Unfortunately I had a freakish front axle failure that cost me some down time Friday. Had fresh parts in hand by 07:30 Fri morning, but then the "chase truck"...aka Dale's Bronco, nuked the rear end and driveshaft just before we were heading back from Yucca. We actually got the driveshaft rebuilt before determining the problem was deeper. He ended up getting a tow and my codawg, who was still sleeping off thursday night when we left, grabbed another truck to retrieve me and haul back to camp. Didn't get back until almost 14:00. Bummed for Dale, but ended up meeting Matt (Vintageironfab) while waiting for my ride. Always cool seeing a GFB shirt at random times. Unfortunately they had to head back to Phoenix Sat, but managed to find our camp and talk Broncos Friday night. My repairs were fairly quick. New stub axle bearing, new wheel stud, new hub and ready to go, but did have to leave the passenger axle out, because I didn't trust the torn up stub would hold. Just separated the joint and put the stub in to seal the bearings. Worked great, but not having 4wd sucks.

After Matt left, we headed out for a night run to Chocolate thunder. Good times! The beer was very evidently flowing on the mountain, carnage was abundant and all were having fun. Fans were there from all over the country. Got to bed about 01:00 sat, then back up at 05:30. Got the fire going, made some coffee and waited for the sunrise, which was beautiful. Headed out with some non-GFB friends (no really) for a run at around 09:00. They were all driving UTV's and wanted to hit Backdoor, so I rolled around and met them on the downhill side. One of them got scared and got out at the top of the hill. Funny shit watching him walk down the rest of the way.

After Backdoor we hit the Hammers course. It was really rutted and the Yeti's big old rear end was grading the trail alot. At least it was soft, yet often times enough to instantly scrub 10mph in the whoops. At around RM60 or something there are some awesome whooped out sections. We rolled 60-65 and the suspension was dancing like a dream. That lead in to the lake bed (name unknown) right on the USMC line. We opened up across there, but the old tired engine only had 92mph in it. At the end of the dry lake, the trail heads up to what I believe was the backside of Jackhammer. Tried making it up, but couldn't do it in 2wd. Backed it out and headed back to camp.

Wrapped up the weekend there and packed up for the short trip home. What a blast! Missed the actual race for the second year in a row, but wouldn't trade it for anything. Great times. Great people!! can't wait for next year.
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

Got to witness a sweet heli vs plane dog fight.

yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

KOH 2015

Post by Tchajagos »

My pictures aren't as fun as Brian's
drewbee88

Post by drewbee88 »

This is the only pic I got this weekend. Image
drewbee88

Post by drewbee88 »

drewbee88

Post by drewbee88 »

yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

Cool shot!

drewbee88

Re: Re: KOH 2015

Post by drewbee88 »

yikes wrote:Cool shot!

Thanks Brian... For some reason I couldn't get it to load from my phone properly.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

1Hondalover wrote:Lots of KOH fun for us and super cool to see Tony and everyone at Pappy & Harriet's for dinner on Thursday. Unfortunately we only saw Tony at Jackhammer but heard there were lots of Broncos out there. Staying in Pioneertown was the ticket for us.....shows both nights for dinner and some speedy sand two track shortcuts on our way to the event. We never met Don in person - sat at the same table on Friday night and didn't even know it was him until we talked on Saturday morning at the hotel! Let's get the Bronco out there Don.....why don't you host a GFB event in Ocotillo?

Lots of us there but hard to corral Broncos with no advance plan and crappy mobile service. We saw one nice Bronco that belongs to a lurker here and told him to jump in! Jim & Paige's Bronco got new outer parts on the 9" before the trip, but somehow the right rear bearing got loose so we babied it a bit on Friday. A bit of a cooling issue too.....not sure what that's about, but on the list for a new CBR and Stewart Components.

Hope everyone had a good time......these are the only pictures I have for the moment. We'll be back and it might be before KOH 2016......like when Joan Jett plays P&H.....we'll call it Broncos & Blackhearts!
Wish I would have paid more attention to this thread & seen you guys were in the motel. I hadn't noticed anything other than the Pappy & Harriets call for thurs night, and saw the bronco as we rode out on Sat morning (large group of guys with big hats and 1 HORSE power "vehicles")... By the time we rode back in the bronco was gone. Would have loved to look it over in person & say hi.
I did yell to the guy who was by the bronco as we passed "GFB!" but he looked at me kind of funny. Based on the pics you posted I'd have to guess it was you in the red shirt closer to the motel vs. the guy in the blue shirt (looked like an RDC shirt) that I was yelling at...

Oh well.

My trip was fun. No hammers involved but we were camped at Pioneer town Fri & Sat night & were back & forth from the bar a lot. Dinner & P & H's Fri night was good and the band wasn't bad that night. Had I known you were there then I would have looked, but then again it was crowded as all heck & it was my b-day so I was a mess thanks to friends making me drink some jack, fireball, beer & who knows what else.
Sat night the band sucked and the place was on hipster overload. Not our scene at all, so we had 1 beer & headed back to camp to drink there. There was a nice looking bronco I checked out (as best I could in the dark with no flashlight) on my way out. All white with a solo sticker on the rear window, a vertical spare inside, 3 seats & a cage. Looked like 3 hella HIDs on the bumper & no glass. Not sure if it's anyone's here or not. If so - nice rig whoever you are.
donncdrc
Bronco Info: 1996 fullsize

Post by donncdrc »

By taking my JK I was able to talk my wife into going with me. I had never drove it offroad. It was slow but I made sure I was moving faster then the other jeeps which made my wife regret her decision but I had to have a little fun! First stop was at the Hammers. Only saw a few Broncos. Tony off in the distance, a green Bronco broke down/ran out of gas in front of me so I gave him some gas and I saw old yeller minus a driver. Moved around the valley and ended at chocolate thunder and stayed until after dark. Went back to Poineer town and had dinner. Got seated next to Jim and Paige without knowing it. Had a nice quite night at the motel, except for the cowboys partying at the camp next door. Met Jim and Paige the next morning and took a tour through pioneer town. My 9 year old loved it especially all the "real" cowboys lined up for a picture (chase truck). Good weekend!