KOH 2015

Races, meets, etc
VintageIronFab
Bronco Info: Bronco List:

KOH 2015

Post by VintageIronFab »

Hello All,
I was curious if any GoFastBronco guys might be going to KOH 2015? Right now I work up ND in the oilfields and anytime away from the cold would be great-that and my bronco is actually put together this year :-) Any advice for a KOH first timer that you can pass along would be great-- like what day is the best day to go, any particular motel/hotel is the best/cheapest/most convenient to the race, or a place that's great to watch from.

Thanks,
Matt
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Re: KOH 2015

Post by tcm glx »

Heck yeah.
The race is on a Friday, it's usually packed as heck. Best place to stay is Yucca Valley which is about 20 minutes away from the race area. Good steaks at Harry and Pappi's!!
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

I wish there was only one section here called "Event Planning & Trip Reports" that way this would be in the right place.

That said.....we're keeping an eye on this KOH show and may join the fray if some of you guys gather there.
drewbee88
Bronco Info: Rhonda the Bronco is her name, shredding dirt is her game.

Post by drewbee88 »

Planning on having bronco out at this years koh. I really hope the leduc swap meet is same weekend as I would love to make a nice trip outta it like last year! For those that were out last year. The dodge is long gone. Damn torsion bars! If for some reason the bronco isn't ready, my wife and I will pile into the wagoneer and head down for some fun!
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

drewbee88 wrote:The dodge is long gone. Damn torsion bars!
Damn torsion bars! They always fall out without warning. Haha! We should have circled back and taken another look for the key. Probably would have found it long before the parts store got one in.

I'm planning to be there this year. Might bring the trailer out and stay a few days.
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

tcm glx wrote:Heck yeah.....Good steaks at Harry and Pappi's!!
OK......looks like it's going to be steaks, off road racing and indie rock for Paige and I.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

1Hondalover wrote:
OK......looks like it's going to be steaks, off road racing and indie rock for Paige and I.

Right on Jim!! I booked at the best western in Yucca cause I'm a sissy and don't wanna camp out. The steak place is truly unbelievable. I'll get a headcount as we get closer and make a reservation.
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

I'll be doing steaks, or maybe a prime rib. Out in the dezert!
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Nick wrote:I'll be doing steaks, or maybe a prime rib. Out in the dezert!

You inviting, or just bragging?
drewbee88
Bronco Info: Rhonda the Bronco is her name, shredding dirt is her game.

Post by drewbee88 »

yikes wrote:
drewbee88 wrote:The dodge is long gone. Damn torsion bars!
Damn torsion bars! They always fall out without warning. Haha! We should have circled back and taken another look for the key. Probably would have found it long before the parts store got one in.

I'm planning to be there this year. Might bring the trailer out and stay a few days.
I'm still surprised you found the torsion bar. We drove for quite a ways without a torsion bar. Appreciate all the help that weekend. Looking forward to having bronco out this time around.
VintageIronFab

Post by VintageIronFab »

Thanks again for the info on the hotel and the food. Can't wait to meet some more GFB folks!
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

Ill be there again with my Dad and my buddy Anthony. Lemme know on the hotel Tony
1Hondalover

Post by 1Hondalover »

tcm glx wrote:
1Hondalover wrote:

Right on Jim!! I booked at the best western in Yucca cause I'm a sissy and don't wanna camp out. The steak place is truly unbelievable. I'll get a headcount as we get closer and make a reservation.
Might be two nights of steaks for us at Pappy & Harriet's Tony.....I think you should change your reservation and go indie rock with us on Friday night at the Pioneertown Palace!

I talk like I even know what indie rock is, but YouTube tells me these Generationals aren't going to be screaming at me so we're good.

This is closer than Yucca, and I see an off road shortcut through the mountains to the 247.
Pioneertown Motel (Mobile).png
Pioneertown Motel (Mobile).png (285.7 KiB) Viewed 1044 times
Pappy & Harriet's menu.JPG
Pappy & Harriet's menu.JPG (134.58 KiB) Viewed 1044 times
Generationals February 5, 2015.JPG
Generationals February 5, 2015.JPG (31.56 KiB) Viewed 1044 times
Generationals about.JPG
Generationals about.JPG (243.89 KiB) Viewed 1044 times
Pioneertown shortcut to 247.JPG
Pioneertown shortcut to 247.JPG (101.57 KiB) Viewed 1044 times
1Hondalover

Post by 1Hondalover »

Mistake.....I had in my head that the race is on Saturday and the show was Friday. The race is on Friday so the Generationals are on Thursday night. At least I got the reservations right.
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Count me in for that. Some good food going on there.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Hey Jim, the generationals are playing at Pappy and Harriet's! Same place......
Travisfab
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Post by Travisfab »

I've been wanting to go for years. Truck seems to always be down. Should be good to go this time though
1Hondalover

Post by 1Hondalover »

Travisfab wrote:I've been wanting to go for years. Truck seems to always be down. Should be good to go this time though
Then we'll be expecting you to join us at this "GFB at the Hammers" event? Lots of time to get that rig in order now.

Remember.....All meats, chicken, and fish are grilled over an outdoor mesquite fire.
VintageIronFab

Post by VintageIronFab »

So it's about a month out to KOH 2015 - anyone have any firm plans on meeting up someplace for a GFB gathering of sorts.....
Bukin 67
Bronco Info: '67 Bronco Sport, all unoriginal. 302, C4, D20, D44, 9", ARB F&R, 4 link co, bipas

Post by Bukin 67 »

I'll follow this thread to see if you end up with a meet up. I'm in the middle of a new dash overlay and re-wire for the NORRA 1000. If I'm able to get it finished by KOH I'll be there. I've got almost 50 years of wiring clutter to rip out.