Baja 1000 - 2014

Races, meets, etc
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Re: Baja 1000 - 2014

Post by Rmc »

I was just teasing about RG, it seemed like his usual deal (minus this year) was to blow something up if he wasn't going to win.

I read on Instagram that bj had to get a antibiotics shot and that his dad drove for him and broke an axel.
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Post by RyanDS650X »

We finished last night around 7. 3a pro quad in 3rd place! Soooooo stoked, now were off to Cabo!
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Enjoy!
jkrell
Bronco Info: Ford F150 Flareside

Post by jkrell »

I've seen Robby put a good car on a trailer too when he wasn't having a good day.

I wouldn't judge BJ too hard, driving a race car sick sucks and if you are already not accomplishing your goal/plan I get it.
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

Rmc wrote:Philo, I saw you got stuck. Proud you got pulled out via our bronco brethren vs a Chevy lol looked like some serious silt! Your way way down there huh?
Yep. Time for 39s. That was race course about MM930 or so. Truck was 11,000 pounds so I didn't try and ride the rails at 30 mph.

I went to Loreto, then to Lapaz, back to Loreto, then chased 425 to finish. I clocked almost 4,000 miles on my truck.
Bronco Info: 1979 Class 3 Race Bronco. Built in 2000.

Post by 300 »

SteveG wrote:The Moss crew!

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to spend but a few minutes with them but it was good to see the crew anyway. Next time we'll have to work in some hang out and B.S. time.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415949096.934640.jpg
When it takes 8 hours to get through contingency, it ruins the entire day that could be spent doing things like catching up with friends or checking out new taco stands. Was so great to see you down there Steve! That new helmet worked out fantastic. I hear you on the pain getting across the border, it is different every time. After the Mexican border agents giving me a hassle for the last 2 years about not having registration or a green sticker on the Bronco, I went through the pain of getting a green sticker. So this time, the guy doesn't even ask for it and instead focuses on the stamped VIN number on the trailer that we couldn't find. I have had the trailer since it was new and have never seen it but will get it on there before the next time! We certainly do appreciate the vendors that do make the effort to get their stuff down there. I know it certainly isn't because they make any money on the parts they sell.

As for our race, 1275 miles took its toll on the truck. Our second alternator of our dual system stopped charging before we hit Ojos even after it had been disassembled, inspected and tested back at the shop. The other remained in perfect condition for the duration but we didn't have a spare. Crew bought a 38 amp stocker (for a tractor maybe?) and it didn't work either after we swapped it in down in San Ignacio. Truck died before Frog Canyon below Coco's and wouldn't start until the starter was changed. It then wouldn't start in San Ignacio or the finish line either. Figured out it would start fine with jumper cables straight from the battery to the starter. Really, really sounds like a grounding problem and about 5 minutes with a volt meter would solve it but I am not touching that thing until it has had a few hours behind a pressure washer. We also exploded a remote reservoir and bulged the other one on the front coil overs, broke a coil over spring and center bearing on the brand new CV in the rear drive shaft gave up before 1000 miles. We already observed a crack in one of the C's in the front axle and the ball joints are shot. The truck looks very sad in the front with crooked wheels and a saggy spring.

Had a great time otherwise. Had a great crew, no problems on the highway but did stop to help a local family that had a spark plug spit out of their minivan. Lots of stops for good food, however 3 guys went down with mysterious stomach problems.
Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

Post by Broncodawg »

Hey everybody, long time, been working 12s out on the highway and raking in some OT, but not much time for the internet.

Just got back from 11 days in baja with BFG at La Purisima, below San Juanico, and what a blast! Like clockwork, Moss Bros rolled through but bummed to not see Wilson's bronco! Glad to hear all home safe.

Philo, spent a couple days in Loreto before and after and too bad didn't see you, fun town!
MOSS2

Post by MOSS2 »

Broncodawg wrote:Hey everybody, long time, been working 12s out on the highway and raking in some OT, but not much time for the internet.

Just got back from 11 days in baja with BFG at La Purisima, below San Juanico, and what a blast! Like clockwork, Moss Bros rolled through but bummed to not see Wilson's bronco! Glad to hear all home safe.

Philo, spent a couple days in Loreto before and after and too bad didn't see you, fun town!
Hey Greg,
We heard your shout out on the radio before the Purisima pit. Caught us by surprise a little and were limiting transmissions to conserve power due to the dead alternator. Always good to hear a familiar voice of encouragement, thanks! Lots of good folks at that pit. Can't remember the guys name but he always has to relive the Baja 2000 LaPaz pit story with us.
Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

Post by Broncodawg »

Hey Greg,
We heard your shout out on the radio before the Purisima pit. Caught us by surprise a little and were limiting transmissions to conserve power due to the dead alternator. Always good to hear a familiar voice of encouragement, thanks! Lots of good folks at that pit. Can't remember the guys name but he always has to relive the Baja 2000 LaPaz pit story with us.[/quote]

Yeah, little bummed not fueling you, but did a shift as race spotter couple miles up course from the pit so our crew could be ready as cars come in for fuel. Heard the sweet sound of that windsor coming and new right away it was the black beast!
Congrats on beating all but one of the 8s (looks like) and almost 36 mph average! Wow!
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Don and Chris at around minute 14:30-15:30: http://youtu.be/5-FziA6UZEw
RyanDS650X

Post by RyanDS650X »

We finished in 3rd place! Pro quad 3a in 36hrs 36mins. Just got home last night.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

RyanDS650X wrote:We finished in 3rd place! Pro quad 3a in 36hrs 36mins. Just got home last night.

Way cool, how was the trip??
RyanDS650X

Post by RyanDS650X »

We had a great time spent 4 nights in Cabo after the race then headed north to Toto Santos stopped at the Hotel California, they let us write our name on the wall and took pictures.Then on to La Paz for the night to load up our trucks and trailer with all our gear at a buddies parents house, he let us stash our stuff there while we were in Cabo. From La Paz we went north and spend the night on the beach at Santispac which was amazingly beautiful (thanks for the advise) the next night we continued north to Bay of LA and swam with whale sharks, that was awesome and a definite highlight of our trip. From there we went over the mountain range to Cocos corner and onto San Felipe for the last night.
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Wrightracing.net
Bronco Info: 1972 Bronco with an 86 chassis, full cage and Long travel coil-over suspension.

Post by Wrightracing.net »

Nice!!!!!
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

Great pics!