Re: Goat's Sky Ranch

Post by Nick »

Great itinerery!
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

I'm in for this. Sounds like a good time.
Bronco Info: 1979 Class 3 Race Bronco. Built in 2000.

Post by 300 »

SteveG wrote:Sounds like a good plan. Normally, I'd commit to taking Friday off and heading over Friday morning, too but I'm starting a new job tomorrow and will be pretty busy so I'm not sure I can make that happen. The family and I would likely leave after the kids get out of school (3-ish) and meet up with you that evening. I should also note that I'll be working some weekends, so my attendance is still questionable. At this point I'm not sure what weekends I'll be working but I'll try to pin it down ASAP and get back to you.
Caught that little part in your message Steve. They talked you into it? Congratulations! Best of luck to your future.

Trip sounds very interesting. We camp in the Cal City area for new years and ride to many of those named locations. It is relatively crowded but fantastic for watching people! We can never plan that far ahead and keeping the NORRA race in April on the "probably" status.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

300 wrote:[Caught that little part in your message Steve. They talked you into it? Congratulations! Best of luck to your future.
Yes. And thanks!
HotRod82
Bronco Info: 99 Explorer -Dixon Front, Giant 64 rear.

Post by HotRod82 »

1Hondalover wrote:Two nights? I'd probably head up Friday morning and leave Sunday after breakfast and a run. I sort of see it like this:

Friday: Unload and local run(s) around the mountain to Joberg or maybe a speed run on 50 to the supercross jumps and back on RedRands road to Goat's. Cocktails at the Joint or Goat's patio bench racing then dinner.

Saturday: Big miles day to Schmidt Tunnel, then to Jawbone Store for lunch, then to Jawbone Visitor's Center (if time), then pound the sandwash toward Cal City through Borax Bill's to 43 over the mountain and back to Goat's for prime rib.

Sunday: Breakfast and run out to the Husky Monument, back to load up and leave. Some can depart directly from the monument via 395.

Just an idea.....
Can I do all of this with a green sticker rig or do I need to be plated?
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

Unfortunately plated. For sure we'll run 395 over to the Husky, and likely need to burn some pavement on Saturday to save time if we're having too much fun goofing off.

Goat will not be happy if we're late for dinner.