Goat's Sky Ranch

Races, meets, etc
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Goat's Sky Ranch

Post by 1Hondalover »

Rob? Steve? Are you ready to book this?

http://goatsskyranch.com/
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Re: Goat's Sky Ranch

Post by Nick »

I'm so down for a cal city trip! Burro Schmidt tunnel, husky monumeant. Let's go!
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

When are you thinking, Jim? Planning too far in advance for us with the little ones as their activities are planned bee far in advance... no excuses, just current facts of life!
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Give me a general time of year or month and I'll talk to Kelci about it to see if we can pin something down.
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

Assuming Huckfeast will be January 17/18.....knowing Randsburg is to be avoided during a holiday at any cost.....knowing it's butt cold in the desert too early in the year.....hoping (praying actually) that we get some rain in February......with Daylight Savings Time beginning March 8.....

How about mid-March 2015?
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Hahahahaha!
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

yikes wrote:Hahahahaha!
You drunk posting again?
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Exactly what I was thinking. Someone call Jose and tell him Dad's been beer sampling again.
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

Jim, rest assured, Brians usually not like this....

What am i saying, yes he is!
Bondobob
Bronco Info: 1987 XLT 5.0 in the family since new in May of 1987

Post by Bondobob »

We need to do a trip out there.... It's a changing landscape everyday... Some may remember this landmark
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414526631.111350.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414526631.111350.jpg (267.24 KiB) Viewed 938 times

Sadly last night it burned down
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414526549.187491.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414526549.187491.jpg (248.83 KiB) Viewed 938 times
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Arson, controlled/scheduled burn or what Bob???
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Hey Jim,

I'm not ignoring this thread, just trying to figure out if I can commit or not. Right now... not. We're in the middle of planning a big vacation with my in-laws and it could end up being some time in March. Until that's finalized, all I can do is wait. This is something I'd like to do, though. I've been wanting to get out to the are for a while now.
1Hondalover

Post by 1Hondalover »

Not a problem Steven. Since we started this discussion our February search attendance in Shell was moved to the month of March, because we couldn't get the same house as last year. This is important since we're getting very close to getting my folks back down here and my Dad out of the mist.

As long as we lock it down before the end of the year, Paige and I can make almost whatever work. Right now we look fairly clear in April, where Easter lands on the 5th. When our kids were younger and at home we'd have already planned to be there over the Easter weekend, but it's a zoo and staying right there at Goat's in the middle of it would be even less fun.

Because the silt will be on top right after the Easter weekend, making the dust even more so unless we get that rain, the April weekend before might make some sense.

Whatever works for all.....I need to make some plans to return to Nashville in the Spring but we really want to do this GFB at Goat's with all of you.
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

What ever happened to this???
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

I don't know what you're talking about.
1Hondalover

Post by 1Hondalover »

Nick wrote:What ever happened to this???
Drunk posting aside.....we're waiting for the rest of you to commit. Paige and I will do prime rib with Goat in the Spring of 2015 and hope to have a few more GFB's in attendance. If we have to go it alone, we'll be sure to put a GFB sticker on Goat's "Wall of Fame".
Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

Post by Broncodawg »

Being my backyard, you can count me in if doesn't interfere with anything I can't miss. Lot of great country out there to explore.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

How many days are you thinking, Jim?
1Hondalover

Post by 1Hondalover »

Two nights? I'd probably head up Friday morning and leave Sunday after breakfast and a run. I sort of see it like this:

Friday: Unload and local run(s) around the mountain to Joberg or maybe a speed run on 50 to the supercross jumps and back on RedRands road to Goat's. Cocktails at the Joint or Goat's patio bench racing then dinner.

Saturday: Big miles day to Schmidt Tunnel, then to Jawbone Store for lunch, then to Jawbone Visitor's Center (if time), then pound the sandwash toward Cal City through Borax Bill's to 43 over the mountain and back to Goat's for prime rib.

Sunday: Breakfast and run out to the Husky Monument, back to load up and leave. Some can depart directly from the monument via 395.

Just an idea.....
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Sounds like a good plan. Normally, I'd commit to taking Friday off and heading over Friday morning, too but I'm starting a new job tomorrow and will be pretty busy so I'm not sure I can make that happen. The family and I would likely leave after the kids get out of school (3-ish) and meet up with you that evening. I should also note that I'll be working some weekends, so my attendance is still questionable. At this point I'm not sure what weekends I'll be working but I'll try to pin it down ASAP and get back to you.