McKenzie ' s 400 today

Races, meets, etc
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

McKenzie ' s 400 today

Post by robertcrav »

Getting a later than wanted start...anyone else rolling out there?
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Re: McKenzie ' s 400 today

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Were in Hesperia now. Come by the pits sometime!
robertcrav
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

I will Randy
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

so I heard this was a good one....!!!
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

Heck yeah!!! The Flying Kavemen.
hobbyturnedobsession

They won by an hour and a half.
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

Was there alot of entries?
hobbyturnedobsession

5 entries and 3 timed out or dnfed. 1 9 car rolled once then was nerfed hard enough to roll again. They were down for 45 minutes replacing the front end. Our pit A support helped another 9 car yank the motor and replace a clutch. Don't know what happened.
Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

Post by Broncodawg »

Had a good Class 3 battle too with 3 entries. The Old Pike Explorer with a lot of new work, the beautiful Lil' Buddy Racing 66 bronco and Bob Mortons infamous Kia went at it and put on a good race.

The Explorer got taken out early with a hard nerf from a class 5, but the bronco and Kia were within five to ten minutes of each other until the last 20 miles. The bronco kept a fast pace knowing the Kia was pacing him and Bob just couldn't reel him in. With a mere twenty miles to go, the bronco broke both rear leafs and had to limp in and the Kia passed him and claimed the win.

Bummer for the bronco as deserved the win, but the Kia is long over due and the win is huge in building momentum for a 2014 run at the 1000.

Great day despite the late wind and got to do a little prerunning with Ole Yellar, which ran beautifully.

Small world as parked next to Kaveman crew at Pit A and had a blast. They helped me pit the Kia and was amazed how fast they had the 924 car's motor out and back in with a new clutch.
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

Broncodawg wrote:Had a good Class 3 battle too with 3 entries. The Old Pike Explorer with a lot of new work, the beautiful Lil' Buddy Racing 66 bronco and Bob Mortons infamous Kia went at it and put on a good race.

The Explorer got taken out early with a hard nerf from a class 5, but the bronco and Kia were within five to ten minutes of each other until the last 20 miles. The bronco kept a fast pace knowing the Kia was pacing him and Bob just couldn't reel him in. With a mere twenty miles to go, the bronco broke both rear leafs and had to limp in and the Kia passed him and claimed the win.

Bummer for the bronco as deserved the win, but the Kia is long over due and the win is huge in building momentum for a 2014 run at the 1000.

Great day despite the late wind and got to do a little prerunning with Ole Yellar, which ran beautifully.

Small world as parked next to Kaveman crew at Pit A and had a blast. They helped me pit the Kia and was amazed how fast they had the 924 car's motor out and back in with a new clutch.
Great running into you Greg, and nice to meet you... I snapped some pics of your "new to you" bronco in the main pit...I'll post them somewheres for you if you want
Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

Post by Broncodawg »

Great meeting you too and guess I need to start a Rides thread for Ole Yellar.
hobbyturnedobsession

Hey bud how did your trailer do on the drive home?
Broncodawg

Post by Broncodawg »

Got home, but was watching it the entire way. For those reading, had Ole Yellar back on trailer to leave room for set of tires up front and rear of trailer bent under bronco weight on washboard road into Start/finish!! Rolling it forward so bronco rear axle was on trailer axle is probably only reason it made it home. Going to repair it? and sell it to get a more HD trailer. Very glad I wasn't down in baja somewhere. Thanks for your help and cool camping next to you guys.
hobbyturnedobsession

No worries! Great bronco. I was drooling over it for a bit. Thanks for bsing with me while you loaded up. Glad to hear you made it home okay.