July 12-13 GFB Surf and Turf Invitational

Races, meets, etc
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Re: New Event: GFB Surf and Turf Invitational

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I'd LOVE to move up there. Just not sure I could afford to feed my family.

I'd be all about AG if I could.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Re: New Event: GFB Surf and Turf Invitational

Post by SteveG »

July 12-13.

The plan as of now: An easy, inexpensive, family-friendly, one-nighter.

Saturday, late morning: Meet up on the dunes. Play on the dunes through the afternoon. We could do lunch on the beach or something different if you guys want.

Saturday, late afternoon:
Head to Casa Gonzalez for a campout and potluck in the yard. We live out in the country on the way to Lopez Lake and, assuming most are in tents, have room for many.

Sunday morning: Quick breakfast, load up and head to Pozo Saloon (the back way) for brunch/lunch (depending on when we leave and how long we take to get there).

From Pozo Saloon, people could head home or go back to Arroy Grande to pick up gear and head home from there.
Bondobob
Bronco Info: 1987 XLT 5.0 in the family since new in May of 1987

Re: July 12-13 GFB Surf and Turf Invitational

Post by Bondobob »

Steve, I will be heading over early and I can swing by your place on my way in and drop off a few things before we hit the dunes. I'm open for what ever as far as lunch on Saturday.... I will bring some GoFast Brownies for Saturday nite. Anything else needed? More Sailor Jerry???

Is Weatherman the comm channel?
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Gotta miss this one as have a bapstism class for the baby Saturday. And here I thought it was just an easy dunk & go... Nope. Class needed. D'oh!

Have fun guys & take some pics. I'd love to do this at some point
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

Kelly and I are coming as long as she gets her Sunday shift covered. We'll be without the Bronco once again. Hey didn't I say never again would I come to Pismo without it? Oh well I just haven't had the time to work on it. We'll be there around noon Saturday.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

flyinbronco wrote:Kelly and I are coming as long as she gets her Sunday shift covered. We'll be without the Bronco once again. Hey didn't I say never again would I come to Pismo without it? Oh well I just haven't had the time to work on it. We'll be there around noon Saturday.
Nice! We don't need no stinkin' Broncos!
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Bondobob wrote:Steve, I will be heading over early and I can swing by your place on my way in and drop off a few things before we hit the dunes. I'm open for what ever as far as lunch on Saturday.... I will bring some GoFast Brownies for Saturday nite. Anything else needed? More Sailor Jerry???

Sounds good, Rob! Come by any time. Maybe I'll just hop in the truck with you for the beach. I don't have anything planned for Saturday night. That's coming fast, so I guess we better start talking about it, huh? How about we have Nachos for dinner? I'll supply beans, chips and salsa. We'll also need to some ground beef (we can season and cook it here), sour cream and whatever sides you guys want. This would make an easy dish we can nibble on all night with minimal prep time.

Thoughts? suggestions?

Another thought. Since we'll have some out of towners-some a few hours... we could mix up the schedule and do the Pozo run Saturday and the beach on Sunday or move everything up a day and start Friday evening or skip the beach thing all together and do Pozo on Saturday, chill and then whatever on Sunday morning... whatever you guys want!
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

SteveG wrote:
Bondobob wrote:Steve, I will be heading over early and I can swing by your place on my way in and drop off a few things before we hit the dunes. I'm open for what ever as far as lunch on Saturday.... I will bring some GoFast Brownies for Saturday nite. Anything else needed? More Sailor Jerry???

Sounds good, Rob! Come by any time. Maybe I'll just hop in the truck with you for the beach. I don't have anything planned for Saturday night. That's coming fast, so I guess we better start talking about it, huh? How about we have Nachos for dinner? I'll supply beans, chips and salsa. We'll also need to some ground beef (we can season and cook it here), sour cream and whatever sides you guys want. This would make an easy dish we can nibble on all night with minimal prep time.

Thoughts? suggestions? Sounds good Steve we are easy. What should I bring? Chips? Sour cream? My good looks and quick wit?

Another thought. Since we'll have some out of towners-some a few hours... we could mix up the schedule and do the Pozo run Saturday and the beach on Sunday or move everything up a day and start Friday evening or skip the beach thing all together and do Pozo on Saturday, chill and then whatever on Sunday morning... whatever you guys want!
Friday evening is out for us Steve. We'll be there around noon Saturday. Is your back yard dog friendly Steve? We have Meeha and Zazu if its cool.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Saturday it is.

There's no fenced area but the dogs are welcome to hang in the yard, Rick.

I changed my mind about dinner. I'm supplying nachos and all the fixin's. So, yes, Rick. Your good looks and wit will suffice. Dinner on Saturday will be provided... bring your own drinks. Rob says he's bringing Go-Fast Brownies, too, so I'll have milk on the ready.
Bondobob
Bronco Info: 1987 XLT 5.0 in the family since new in May of 1987

Post by Bondobob »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405210808.577246.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405210808.577246.jpg (122.75 KiB) Viewed 467 times
So.....
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

That's it for the report......a few dollars more?????