Huckfest 2014

Races, meets, etc
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Re: Huckfest 2014

Post by yikes »

robertcrav wrote:So I have a ticket to sell....

Might want that Robert.
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

flyinbronco wrote:Image
Woohooooo!! The king rides again!
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

I don't know why I struggle with the darn picture upload thing. Thanks B.

Yeah the Flyinbronco is out of moth balls, passed smog and getting the much needed love she has been deprived of for the last year and a half. She's grateful to be shined up and is eager to play. See you guys at the Huckfest.
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

robertcrav wrote:I'm so bummed...I have to bow out, family friend had to move up her wedding due to her father being ill...
This sucks. Can she move it up a week more so you can make the show? Family friends are family friends but Broncos are Broncos.....

Just kidding - she must be a good friend so thumbs up to you for the support.
robertcrav
Let me google that for you
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

:-( grew up with her..shes basically a cousin
robertcrav
Bronco Info: Lana - Stock width c/t coil-overs/bypasses -- Sylvia - Stock width 4" Rancho kit on Billies

Post by robertcrav »

Our Moms are/were BFFs
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

Just a crack over 30 days to go.....is it time to start planning here? We have to figure out how much ice to bring.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Still in over here. What do I need to bring?
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

I'm still in also.
Travisfab
Bronco Info: 95 XLT 5.8 C6 Prerunner

Post by Travisfab »

I will be there and flying off the jump in a Chevy
1Hondalover

Post by 1Hondalover »

OK we're not the project leader.....but I'll start calling roll so some site plans can be made. This time of year is our "Summer Vacation" so we're going to be gone a bit before Huckfest. As you've probably guessed we calendar way in advance due to business responsibilities. Here we go:

1) Steve @ SteveG......Kelci and/or the kids coming?
2) Nick @ Nick.....who else Nick?
3) Brian @ yikes......who else Brian?
4) Rick @ flyinbronco.....anyone else Rick?
5) Jim & Paige @ 1Hondalover.
6) Travis @ Travisfab??? not sure if "flying off the juimp in a chevy" means you'll be joining us or not Travis.
7) ?
8) ?
9) ?

Here's a map:
Steve's house to Jim's house (Small).JPG
Steve's house to Jim's house (Small).JPG (152.44 KiB) Viewed 523 times
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

Steve moved to an industrial complex?
1Hondalover

Post by 1Hondalover »

It's the only house of his I've ever been to Nick.....pretty nice too.

Please reply to email.
robertcrav

Post by robertcrav »

If you haven't purchased your ticket yet I have one for sale.
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

1Hondalover wrote:It's the only house of his I've ever been to Nick.....pretty nice too.

Please reply to email.
My email must have put in a spam folder. Unfortuneatly, i can't access it from my "smartphone". I'll check it as soon as i get back on friday.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Jim, I'm pretty sure you ARE project leader here.....

Kelci and the girls are planning to join us. Ill firm that up tomorrow just to be sure.
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

Nick wrote:Steve moved to an industrial complex?
You're thinking of Steve's vacation house Nick. That map shows where he lives most of the time. Haha!

I'm not going to make this trip, unfortunately. Still prep'ing the Bronco for Baja in Oct. and only have a couple weekends left to get a lot of things accomplished.
1Hondalover

Post by 1Hondalover »

yikes wrote:I'm not going to make this trip, unfortunately. Still prep'ing the Bronco for Baja in Oct. and only have a couple weekends left to get a lot of things accomplished.
Understood Brian. I told Tony we're really bummed that the Baja trip is sandwiched right between two of our larger RV/Bronco outings, otherwise we'd be there in a heartbeat. Those trips are exactly what we bought the Bronco for! All these events, trips, races......it's hard to find time for work when there's so much going on all the time. We'd love to see another in the Spring for more days.
1Hondalover

Post by 1Hondalover »

We have an alternate Huckfest camping opportunity for any of the GFB Family if someone wants it.

Paige and I are staying at the Oceano State campground on Pier Avenue, right above the beach ramp as we did last year. We reserved two sites there months ago, and we obviously only need the one. We like to do this because it's as close as you can get to the beach without being on it, and camping in the sand is a mess. The sites have power and water, as well as bathrooms with showers like other State campgrounds. Ice at the liquor store is a few steps away, and the area is dry and calm versus the wet nights and wind on the beach. it's not as fun as camping with the bros near the band, but we're OK with that.
IMG_2900 (Medium).JPG
IMG_2900 (Medium).JPG (278.35 KiB) Viewed 471 times
The site reservation is 4 nights but we can change it to fewer nights if we want for an $8 fee. The site is $40 per night plus the $8 reservation fee, and assuming nobody would want all 4 nights the $8 change fee would bring 2 nights to $96. The site could fit 3 Broncos, so if that many wanted to split it the cost could be $32 each for the weekend. The reservation says two vehicles max but I think a third is OK as long as it fits.......there might be a small extra vehicle charge. To access the beach everyone still needs the $35 day pass per vehicle from the Huckers.

Paige and I will arrive on Thursday late morning, and we're staying the 4 nights leaving sometime on Monday. Regardless of this extra site, we're going to BBQ and bench race on Saturday after the show. We have about 2 weeks to cancel this site reservation, which we will if nobody wants and guarantees it. Of course I'll need the dough up front to make sure we don't get stuck holding the bag if something goes sideways for someone else's plan.

This is serious and we'd love to have a bit more of a GFB gathering, but i'll need commitment from anyone that wants to entertain it.

We're looking forward to Broncos & BBQ!
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

What I want to know is, are we having breakfast at the Girls sat morning?