Huckfest 2014

Races, meets, etc
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Re: Huckfest 2014

Post by SteveG »

Cool! I'm bummed I can't cruise out tomorrow night but I blew it and accidentally double booked this weekend... got a party tomorrow night then up early Saturday morning for Huckfest... it's gonna be a good weekend!
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

D1cker1 wrote:Packing
Sweet!! Get the Raptor all cleaned up?
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

The calm before the storm.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413557066.495533.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413557066.495533.jpg (281.93 KiB) Viewed 907 times
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

No guns allowed on the beach...

sorry for the silly/stupid interruption. Go back to discussing the fun.
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

Can't wait. As with every trip, a couple maintenance items snuck in. The Bronco left a puddle of anti-freeze this morning. The radiator finally gave up after 14 years of beatings....and I thought I was going to breeze my way to Pismo after a Baja trip. Shame on me. Haha!
D1cker1
Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior

Post by D1cker1 »

yikes wrote:
Sweet!! Get the Raptor all cleaned up?
It's cleaner than before, but Im going to have the underbody steam cleaned to get rid of Baja crud.
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

See yous in the am!
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

Duck!
D1cker1
Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior

Post by D1cker1 »

Duckfest
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

That's right!
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

Jim and Paige, it was great meeting the both of you, and thank you again for opening up your house on wheels to us, and for the awesome dinner!
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

Huckfest was not worth the 5 hour drive at all, but getting together with OG friends was priceless. We had a ton of laughs....and nobody got tazed! Woohoo!

Jim and Paige - Thanks so much for having us and whipping up such an awesome dinner. It was great meeting you two. Hope to meet again soon and get some dirt miles in.

Didn't take pictures this trip...other than the couple below.

The King has returned!

D1cker1

Post by D1cker1 »

What didn't you like about stuckFest/duckFesT?
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

D1cker1 wrote:What didn't you like about stuckFest/duckFesT?
The event was organized well, but there were only 8 competitors and a broken down monster truck. Not much action at all. Was expecting much more given how much they've put in to promoting the event.
D1cker1

Post by D1cker1 »

yikes wrote:
D1cker1 wrote:What didn't you like about stuckFest/duckFesT?
The event was organized well, but there were only 8 competitors and a broken down monster truck. Not much action at all. Was expecting much more given how much they've put in to promoting the event.
Maybe it was because bj baldwin said he wasn't attending.
Lol

I want impressed with it last year either.
I just enjoyed seeing the rigs.
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

It was great seeing my old friends and two new ones as well. A big thank you to Jim and Paige for the awesome dinner. Absolutely the best ribs I've had in years and yummy margaritas too. Didn't get much play time Saturday due to the Huckfest crowd but we sure had fun mobbin' the dunes with Jim and Paige Sunday after the masses pulled out. It was good to get the flyinbronco back out for some fun and help keep me motivated on her resurrection. The only damage we suffered was hood cracked at underside hinge mount but it can be fixed. I can't wait for the next trip. January is just around the corner.
1Hondalover
Bronco Info: Having so much fun with friends in Baja, we're not sure if we want to race NORRA.....

Post by 1Hondalover »

Paige and I just returned home, and even had another short run today just before we put the Bronco on the trailer. We decided to cap off the weekend with lunch at Beach Burger at the top of the ramp, and off we went. Nice to arrive home at 75 degrees instead of the 90's and 100's we've been arriving to recently.

In all for us it was a fantastic trip. A few extra days of goofing off, and hanging out with a bunch of Bronco folks. We were especially proud to be in the company of the GFB OG. Huckfest or whatever fest you like to call it, the lackluster show was just a tiny piece of the action for us.

On Saturday we departed the beach for camp a little earlier than I think anyone wanted to, but the show had ended and the wind came up fairly stiff so the calm of the campground with some snacks and starter beverages was welcome. It gave Paige and I time to know more of the GFB family, and of course time for the Duck Show. Our attendance wrap:

Steve - thanks for pioneering our viewing spot and bringing Kelci & the girls to join us for dinner.....it was nice to meet your bride. Oh yeah - thanks too for being a cool guy with no agenda.

Nick - nice to finally meet you.....sorry the Bronco couldn't make it but we're looking forward to wheeling together soon.

Brian - thanks for the pictures (since we don't have any better ones) and it was great to meet Jose. Hope he'll be joining us on a run one day. We were looking forward to a little run around the dunes after the show.....let's get our front ends sorted out and pound some trails soon! We'd like Carmen to gather with us too.

Rick - glad to meet you as well and Kelly too. Great that we got to spend some extra time bench racing and bombing around on Sunday.....thanks for sticking around. Like everyone else we're looking forward to more Bronco action with you too. Fix that hood and get that love back so we can roll again soon. Maybe it's a good thing our 4WD wasn't up to par for the dunes.....I would have liked to shred the sand much longer and faster but maybe better we kept the hood intact.

Paige and I were happy to be around all of you and feed everyone ribs and margaritas. Set aside the 'Fest (or lack of), Pismo is just kind of a feel good place and we can't think of a better place to enjoy the company of nice people off-roading at the beach. We'll be ready for another run very soon, and if Huckfest fails us for 2015 we'll be prepared to do it again anyway.
SteveG
Admin

Huckfest 2014

Post by SteveG »

Whew! Finally catching up after the long trip home! Ha!

Another great weekend with GFB members. The following deserves its own thread but this weekend inspired it, so it needs to go here.

The goal with GFB was to create a place where like-minded, respectful and genuine people could gather, share info and experience, B.S. and, every once in a while, get together and beat the crap out of their hard earned toys. While we've had a couple downs, without question, GFB has been a fantastic experience. On this board, and its predecessor, I've made life-long friends and in some ways, life-altering friendships that I value and appreciate more than I can express in this post. To keep it short and un-sappy, a big THANK YOU to everyone on this board.

Another big, personal thank you to Jim and Paige for embodying everything we dreamed GFB would be. I'm both happy and proud to have you two as members. Meeting up with you fine folks is just like visiting family (the ones you like!) Oh, and great job on dinner... as always. I was craving some of those ribs yesterday!

Nick and Brian made the last minute dash over and joined the fun... always great to see you guys. I'm glad Jose tagged along. I have a feeling these days, he keeps his old man in check more than the other way around... huh, Brian!?

I didn't realize how long it's been since Flyinbronco came out to play! I was bummed to be sans-Bronco but it was good to hear you, Kelly, Jim and Paige carved some dunes Sunday morning. Tell Kelly I'm looking forward to some dirty rice in January!

Thanks again to all that came out. Yeah, Huckfest was so-so, but meeting up with good GFB folks is always good.
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

GROUP HUG!!!!!!
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

IN!