Baja Norte March 7-9 Bikes and Broncos

Races, meets, etc
DaleMcCue
Bronco Info: 67 early bronco

Re: Baja Norte March 7-9 Bikes and Broncos

Post by DaleMcCue »

Woo hoo. Can't wait . Thanks for putting this together Buck. If I can help let me know.
D1cker1
Bronco Info: 93 EB Bronco 12"Over 40" BFG projects 5.13 gears in a 8.8... 1 seat and stripped Interior

Post by D1cker1 »

This will not work with my schedule I'm OUT.. Huge project on the table..

Ride safe
bajabuck
Bronco Info: 87 Bronco with some Autofab parts held on with bailing wire and duct tape

Post by bajabuck »

Sorry you can't make it Tony. Next time.
bajabuck
Bronco Info: 87 Bronco with some Autofab parts held on with bailing wire and duct tape

Post by bajabuck »

Good to go for Mike's on Saturday night. Told him we will need about 5 rooms.
HotRod82
Bronco Info: 99 Explorer -Dixon Front, Giant 64 rear.

Post by HotRod82 »

Nice, thx for handling that.
bajabuck

Post by bajabuck »

Just checking in. Everything is looking good. I just ordered a Baja Designs headlight for my bike. Hope we don't have to ride at night but if we do the stock headlight will just not cut it.

How's the truck coming Robb?
bajabuck

Post by bajabuck »

I just submitted my email reservation request for El Cortez in San Felipe for Friday Night Mar 7. Added a note that we are traveling together as GoFastBroncos Bikes and Broncos Run.

This trip is coming up quick for me! Super busy getting prepared.

Don't forget you need ALL your paperwork for your bike. Reg, Ins and Title. Also fuel cans must be empty when you cross the border or they may impose a fuel import tax on you.
DaleMcCue
Bronco Info: 67 early bronco

Post by DaleMcCue »

Thanks for the updates. Woo hoo
bajabuck

Post by bajabuck »

Can't find my mini chain breaker and spare link. Will try to get one this week. Anybody bringing chain repair tools just in case?
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

So envious...
HotRod82
Bronco Info: 99 Explorer -Dixon Front, Giant 64 rear.

Post by HotRod82 »

bajabuck wrote:I just submitted my email reservation request for El Cortez in San Felipe for Friday Night Mar 7. Added a note that we are traveling together as GoFastBroncos Bikes and Broncos Run.

Don't forget you need ALL your paperwork for your bike. Reg, Ins and Title. Also fuel cans must be empty when you cross the border or they may impose a fuel import tax on you.
We need the title in addition to the registration card? This is new to me....always just had the registration card and insurance.

As far as your chain goes, I carry full size 520 parts but I have noticed the width varies from brand to brand...I'm running DID gold series.
Rmc
El Jefe
Bronco Info: 94 bronco xlt prerunner

Post by Rmc »

I wouldn't bring the title... Screw them sounds like a great way to have the bike legally stolen from you. I thought the correct paperwork in Mexico was a few 100$ bills in your socks plus what you have in your pockets.
100$ to keep you out of jail ( left sock), 100$ to have the cop look the other way while you walk ( right sock).
bajabuck

Post by bajabuck »

Thank you for the feedback.

Upon further review, my info may be a little outdated and based on the old days when I used to take a dirt bike and they did require a title to accompany the bike. I have had success in keeping it simple and following the rules. I know guys that shoot back and forth across the border all the time and flirt with the rules and don't have any issues. One guy in particular refuses to get a passport. Citizen of the Universe and all.... I'm just more relaxed when I feel like I have all my ducks in a row.

So ya upon further review I may only bring a copy of my title. I agree there is some exposure in having it with you. BUT the policia may not see the reg as title or ownership documentation. Matters more if your bike is financed. Do what you are comfortable with. I for one will be keeping it simple....

The following is an excerpt from MotorcycleMexico.

http://www.motorcyclemexico.com/information/border/

Required Documents

Passport – Must be valid for at least six months longer than the last date of your intended stay in Mexico.
Drivers License – From you state/province/country or an international drivers license.
Ownership (Title or Registration) – The name must match your passport and drivers license. Each person is allowed to bring in only ONE vehicle. You can not “lend” a bike to a friend. Bring originals or REALLY good copies. Make sure the VIN number matches the bike!
Credit Card - Must be in your name (same as passport, drivers license, and ownership documents).
Visa – Travelers with passports from the USA, Canada, Australia, and the European Union do not need a visa. Others should consult with their embassy prior to entering Mexico.
Letter of Authorization - If your bike is leased, financed or rented you must provide a letter of authorization from the bank or leasing company. The bank or leasing company usually requires a copy of your full coverage Mexican vehicle insurance policy before they issue the letter of authorization. Bring a copy of your contract too for good measure.

Before leaving home make a few photocopies of each document. Copies will be required at the border and this will save you the hassle of finding the local copy shop. Also, place all of your documents into a binder/folder/envelope. Make things easy on yourself and have all of your documents on hand when requested.

- See more at: http://www.motorcyclemexico.com/informa ... HnX4L.dpuf
bajabuck

Post by bajabuck »

HotRod82 wrote:
bajabuck wrote:I just submitted my email reservation request for El Cortez in San Felipe for Friday Night Mar 7. Added a note that we are traveling together as GoFastBroncos Bikes and Broncos Run.

We need the title in addition to the registration card? This is new to me....always just had the registration card and insurance.

As far as your chain goes, I carry full size 520 parts but I have noticed the width varies from brand to brand...I'm running DID gold series.
Cool Rodney. Thanks.
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Sry Buck was just joking around, enjoy the trip you guys and be safe.
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

The one bike per owner only applies if your bring the bike across on a trailer or in the back of a truck. If you ride across they just wave you through. Copy of the title, not the original and make copies of your reg and insurance. This is why I park in this side and ride across. Also makes the return across the border that much shorter.
bajabuck

Post by bajabuck »

Rmc wrote:Sry Buck was just joking around, enjoy the trip you guys and be safe.
No worries Robert, no offense taken. It really is a valid point that it could be a bad idea to have the title with the bike.

You should be rolling with us.

As far as I'm concerned there will be more Bikes and Broncos trips in the future!

I like the idea of riding across also but we have a truck or two going so I didn't want to split the group on the return. Hopefully we have a hook up in the works for parking... Oldbaja??? or is it Quailhunter?
Rmc
El Jefe

Post by Rmc »

Maybe next time as I'm still under construction.
bajabuck

Post by bajabuck »

BDKW1 wrote:The one bike per owner only applies if your bring the bike across on a trailer or in the back of a truck. If you ride across they just wave you through. Copy of the title, not the original and make copies of your reg and insurance. This is why I park in this side and ride across. Also makes the return across the border that much shorter.
Damn Dude you got mad skills if you can take more than one bike across the border NOT on a truck or trailer! :lol:
BDKW1
Bronco Info: It's the new and inproved Party Barge!

Post by BDKW1 »

bajabuck wrote:Damn Dude you got mad skills if you can take more than one bike across the border NOT on a truck or trailer! :lol:

Loaning a bike to a friend.........

I think I have the contact info for a guy on RDC that has a business at the Tecate border crossing that has space for off-roaders to park. gated and security. I'll look it up.

Normally, I have a friend that lives in east El Cajon that I park at his house and ride in.