MORE ORAF 500 May 22/23 2010

Races, meets, etc
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Re: MORE ORAF 500 May 22/23 2010

Post by Polarcub »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:I can handle fuel in main if that's what you want. Without Chris coming though I'm not sure who would be out with Tony in the chase truck. Would I be better off doing that?
Let me get a hold of my brother tonight...right now every one is pretty much out so Having you in Main would be helpful but let me check with my brother to see who he has in Main for sure we might be okay.
Jeremy
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

tcm glx wrote:
ChaseTruck754 wrote:I can handle fuel in main if that's what you want. Without Chris coming though I'm not sure who would be out with Tony in the chase truck. Would I be better off doing that?

Steve, I am bringing my brother in law in my bronco. Jim, who is always out there chasing for Matt is coming out, he is driving my brothers bronco, and so it would be cool if you came and hung with us... reason I say that would be good is in case we need to go out and provide support on the back side, its always good to have extra hands.

Man.... I can not wait for the race!!!

Okay Guys just got off the phone with Matt and we have fuel covered in main, we would not object by having another person there but its not critical by any means so Steve your choice on where you want to be...now off to find the map for philo....
Jeremy
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

philofab wrote:I'll be leaving here early Saturday morning... I am about 2.25 hours away from the outlet center. Where are we meeting and where are the main pits? This will be my first Barstow race. I only plan being there for the day, when is the racing over?
The race will be over about 130 am sunday morning.....If the night race your reffering to is the mdr night race later int eh month then yes its the same spot. I am looking for the alternate route in of of I40 on the map still so I can scan it but I have never accessed it off of there, there is also another access (dirt) out of barstow near dagget but I dont remeber the exact directions and its a little strange to find..here are general directions for you though:
The riding area is off Highway 247 (Old Woman Springs Road) and Camp Rock Road, about 55 miles southeast of Barstow (CA) or about 25 miles east of Victorville (CA). Most visitors access the area off Camp Rock Road driving north off of Highway 247. Staging for many competitive events is at Anderson Dry Lake, about 10 miles north of Highway 247 just east of Camp Rock Road.
Jeremy
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Jeremy, you leaving up that way tomorrow? Send me the coordinates for the main pit when you get up there so i can post em up!
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

tcm glx wrote:Steve, I am bringing my brother in law in my bronco. Jim, who is always out there chasing for Matt is coming out, he is driving my brothers bronco, and so it would be cool if you came and hung with us... reason I say that would be good is in case we need to go out and provide support on the back side, its always good to have extra hands.
If you think you might need some help wrenching I'm totally ok with going with you guys Tony. Keep in mind Suzy will be with me. We can follow you in my truck or possibly squeeze in the back of princess if it's not full.

Is there anything tools, jacks, gas can, etc. wise I should be bringing?

Also - when/where is a good time to meet Tony? Is the 10/15 freeway area the best Tony, or is the 91/15 like we did for Leduc better?

I have to look at throwing the race radio in the taco tomorrow night and I'm thinking I may throw the GPS in there temporarily too. Never messed with the thing so maybe you can give me a lesson on it Tony.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:
tcm glx wrote:Steve, I am bringing my brother in law in my bronco. Jim, who is always out there chasing for Matt is coming out, he is driving my brothers bronco, and so it would be cool if you came and hung with us... reason I say that would be good is in case we need to go out and provide support on the back side, its always good to have extra hands.
If you think you might need some help wrenching I'm totally ok with going with you guys Tony. Keep in mind Suzy will be with me. We can follow you in my truck or possibly squeeze in the back of princess if it's not full.

Also - when/where is a good time to meet Tony? Is the 10/15 freeway area the best Tony, or is the 91/15 like we did for Leduc better?

I have to look at throwing the race radio in the taco tomorrow night and I'm thinking I may throw the GPS in there temporarily too. Never messed with the thing so maybe you can give me a lesson on it Tony.

Ok, so first things first.... awesome your bring a pickup... might have to carry some fuel and a pickup bed is better than the bronco cargo area! Most of the roads are powerline, so the Taco will do fine, and yes, absolutely you can jump in Princess if you want.

If your bringing the race radio.... we can meet off the 15/10...probably hook up on the fwy around 9 am...

GPS lessons, sure, but i am no expert!
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Taco will be fine even if it's the race course (not that I would - just stating it's capabilities), but I do have to keep it mellow due to it being the ONLY car I own that runs right now :(

Throwing stuff in the back is fine with me though.

As for the GPS - I've only ever turned mine on never even "used" it - so you have to know more than me!
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Awesome!!! Man i am freakin excited about this race, have not been out since March, and that is just toooo long for me!
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

tcm glx wrote:Jeremy, you leaving up that way tomorrow? Send me the coordinates for the main pit when you get up there so i can post em up!
I will see what i can do, my gps died so I will see if my phone can do it haha I will be headed out tomorrow morning
Jeremy
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:

Glad your going to make it looking forward to meeting you. As far as tools go standard VW metric if you have any, We carry essentials in the race car. If you have a jack it never hurts we dont have any extras but the car is light so it makes it pretty easy. I also carry a pretty full mismash of tools in the bronco so if we have a major issue someone will be going mobile in it along with Tony to meet up at the car. If you wouldn't mind bringing 5 gal or so of gas it would be appreciated. Would be nice to know we have a splash on that side of the course if needed.
As far as bringing the taco no worries....My bronco is dual purpose and thankfully if anyone has a major issue BlackMarket Bryan lives out of hesperia so we have access to shop tools etc very easily along with all the folks who will be out with us as well. Okay time to go get the trailer and bronco loaded up! See you soon!
Jeremy
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Hey Jer,
One other thing..... I talked to Matt, and asked him to remind you during your prerun, to look for the access roads that connect the course to the powerline around MM 47-49 if you dont mind. That would be huge for us to be able to help access in the event there are any issues out there.

Steve, I dont have a jack, so if you can bring one, would be SMOKIN!!!
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

No VW specific tools here. Never owned or even worked on A VW - so I have NO clue about those things. I stick to the truck end of this sport - haha.

I will throw my craftsman jack, a small tool box and my 5 gal gas can on the "to bring" list though.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

VW Specific translation: A 10mm, a 12MM and a 17MM hahahaha
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

Buggy dork. I will have a selection of both metric and standard Mexican fit alls.

Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

tcm glx wrote:Hey Jer,
One other thing..... I talked to Matt, and asked him to remind you during your prerun, to look for the access roads that connect the course to the powerline around MM 47-49 if you dont mind. That would be huge for us to be able to help access in the event there are any issues out there.

Steve, I dont have a jack, so if you can bring one, would be SMOKIN!!!
Will do
Jeremy
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

philofab wrote:Buggy dork. I will have a selection of both metric and standard Mexican fit alls.

Hahaha! Too true
Jeremy
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

tcm glx wrote:VW Specific translation: A 10mm, a 12MM and a 17MM hahahaha

Ahh - got those because of this "ricer" I drive daily ;)

It's just the 13mm seems sooooo much more common to use than the 12mm.

As for the "Mexican Speed Wrench" - I've got a couple of those too :D
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Yeah, I had a Tacoma and i swore they built that thing with a 13mm wrench/rachet.
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

tcm glx wrote:Yeah, I had a Tacoma and i swore they built that thing with a 13mm wrench/rachet.
A Toyota with a 13mm? Hardly. 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 17mm for everything. Honda is the same way. 13mm is the tool of Satan and hence needed on all GM products.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

Not sure what toyotas or hondas you've been wrenching on but 10mm, 13mm and 17mm will take apart my 99 Tacoma, my old 94 civic, and my old 89 civic. You sure your finger didn't slip over to the 2 making that a 12 instead of 13???