MORE ORAF 500 May 22/23 2010

Races, meets, etc
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Re: MORE ORAF 500 May 22/23 2010

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

See what I get for being too lazy to look up info and just inferring from what I read in that 1st post... :roll:

Might be time for Suzy's 1st race! I'm trying to see if she can get work off on that day.

Are you meeting Chris and heading up that morning Tony? I may be up for meeting like we did for LeDuc. I also may be up for heading out Saturday night and camping up there.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:See what I get for being too lazy to look up info and just inferring from what I read in that 1st post... :roll:

Might be time for Suzy's 1st race! I'm trying to see if she can get work off on that day.

Are you meeting Chris and heading up that morning Tony? I may be up for meeting like we did for LeDuc. I also may be up for heading out Saturday night and camping up there.

Yeah, Chris is either rolling with me, or if my brother in law goes, he is rolling up in his ride. We could caravan up Sat morning.....
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Post by Polarcub »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:I'm a little late but I've got an 10 or 11 gal here. I'm not positive we can head out to the race, but I'd like to if we can free up time.

If we don't go we can try and work out getting the can to you if you still need it. If I would have known a little sooner I could have brought it with me as I was in Murrieta/Temecula this past weekend. Oh well.
Cool, I cna get my brother to pick it up this week form you and send it back with chris? Thanks this should get us gtg on cans now I have 2 fives (borrowed), 2 11's ours and 2 10s (including yours)....I will get a hold my brother this evening.

As far as race updates looks like we will be taking the car out to hodge for testing we got delayed with the trans...I will post up more tonight I ma still heading out thursday morning and camping through the weekend. Will be good to see everyone.
Jeremy
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I've got a couple 5's too if you want them. 1 is the Jaz style but it needs a new hose. Other is a "normal' red plastic one.

I'm cool with loaning any of the above and yeah your brother can grab them whenever and they can come back with Chris if he's cool with it - or me if I make it out there.
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

Cool I will get a hold of him tonight and see what we need for sure. Let me know if you are racing we can save you a spot in the pits as well
Jeremy
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I wouldn't be racing. If we head out it would be to watch and hang out. We'd probably end up in the pits helping you guys out as we'd be hanging with Tony and Chris or Nick, or people from this site anyways.

Just let me know on the fuel cans. I'm at the shop most every week night and usually a bunch on the weekend too.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:I wouldn't be racing. If we head out it would be to watch and hang out. We'd probably end up in the pits helping you guys out as we'd be hanging with Tony and Chris or Nick, or people from this site anyways.

Just let me know on the fuel cans. I'm at the shop most every week night and usually a bunch on the weekend too.

Would be a good time man! Hope you can make it!!
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:I wouldn't be racing. If we head out it would be to watch and hang out. We'd probably end up in the pits helping you guys out as we'd be hanging with Tony and Chris or Nick, or people from this site anyways.

Cool, we can always use a hand. Right now Main looks to be manned up pretty well I need to confirm with one other person still there. After talking to my brother it looks like we will have enough people that we are going to try to have one or two hang out at the end of Bessimer with a spare and a 5 gallon can of gas( I hope) Its nice having someone stationary in that area when we can. One of the other 9 cars is having a pit there that we can use.
My brother will let me know tomorrow on the gas cans he is checking with Wicked Creations they offered up a couple and they are around the corner. My brother is in Garden Grove so getting over to you wont be a problem. Thanks again I will let you know tomorrow for sure.
Jeremy
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

Okay guys/gals quick update for the race:
Chase truck thanks for the offer on the dump can, Matt got two 11s today so we will go with those that gives us four in main. (If anyone is heading this way form orange country or down there this week please let me know I need ot pick up one of those dump cans to fill for gas). I will be grabbing an additional 5 gallon can as well for the generator :)......

Race freqs for those that dont have them:154.625 Kaveman (Primary 154.570 Syndicate (secondary)

Here is my definite help list as it stands
Tony-Chase A
BlackMarket Bryan- Main/co drive

Tenatives
BrokenBronco (main)
Philofab-?
Chasetruck?

If I am missing anyone please let me know. Tony have included those that you bring with under your name.

Where we are soft:
main possibly we should have enough but need 2 for gas dump duties every lap, I expect we will be good once everyone confirms
Pit B: we have a soft plan of dumping spares off with another pit and hopefully having one or two bodies there, if not its a good staging point for Chase A

Thanks guys for all the help I cant wait to get out there.....Looking forward to seeing everyone again as well.
Jeremy
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I (we = Suzy and I) are a tentative as of now. All kinda depends on her work schedule. If we do go I was thinking we could follow Tony/Chris around. I'm up for helping but Suzy won't be much good aside from watching.
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:I (we = Suzy and I) are a tentative as of now. All kinda depends on her work schedule. If we do go I was thinking we could follow Tony/Chris around. I'm up for helping but Suzy won't be much good aside from watching.
We are easy :) we will have the families in main my wife, a friend, along with BlackMarkets Wife, my brothers girlfriend, our mom so no worries on some spectating we always appreciate help anyway we can get it haha.....Let me know if things firm up for you I will be out thursday we are going to be set up just a bit away form start finish shooting towards a hill heading off towards mm1 I will be in the Bronco....Having the chase is always helpful and knowing the area Tony plans on running you are accesible to bessimer so we cna vector you in if needed. Hope you can make it it would be good to meet you.
Jeremy
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Steve,
I can vouch for the Kavemans, great people to hang with, and easy going as can be. Anyways, did you decide to join us or what?
BajaBronco13
Bronco Broker
Bronco Info: Bronco AKA The Silver Bullet

Post by BajaBronco13 »

More importantly what are we taking to eat? ha ha ha count me in. I'm there and will help out anyway I can.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Chris and steve, Gabe is bringing breakfast burritos!!
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

Spaghetti thursday night chicken and pasta salad friday and saturday will be chicken taco salad....breakfast burritos in the fire for us fri/sat/sun morning haha....I have so much left to do...cant wait till thursday to be out there! Looking forward to seeing everyone
Jeremy
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

Guys, sorry to say, but i'm out. My Son has a weekend long basketball tournament.
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

Nick wrote:Guys, sorry to say, but i'm out. My Son has a weekend long basketball tournament.
No worries Nick...Hope he does well would have been good to see you. Next time :D
Jeremy
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Sucks to hear you wont make it Nick!!

Just checked MORE's website, over 175 racers PRE REGISTERED!!! Its gonna be awesome
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

It should be looks like numbers are down a bit form last year though...still a good purse out there if we can make the podium this time...I have a feeling its our race!
Jeremy
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

tcm glx wrote:Steve,
I can vouch for the Kavemans, great people to hang with, and easy going as can be. Anyways, did you decide to join us or what?
Still can't confirm Suzy's schedule so not positive. Unfortunately her work is such that we might not know until almost the last minute. Not the way I like to do things but I have learned to deal with it over the last couple years...