MORE ORAF 500 May 22/23 2010

Races, meets, etc
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Re: MORE ORAF 500 May 22/23 2010

Post by Nick »

Het Jer, my truck won't be dezert ready, but i'll have my radio installed. Maybe i can give a hand at the main pit?
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by tcm glx »

Hey Nick... it would be great to see you out there.... also, most of the access roads are graded for this race.... you could do main, and could probably run around a little bit too.....
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

tcm glx wrote:Hey Nick... it would be great to see you out there.... also, most of the access roads are graded for this race.... you could do main, and could probably run around a little bit too.....
Great!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

Post by Polarcub »

Nick wrote:Het Jer, my truck won't be dezert ready, but i'll have my radio installed. Maybe i can give a hand at the main pit?
Absolutely Nick, Tony is right Access is pretty easy in the area I need to get with Matt and get the game plan together looks like it will be a gas stop every lap the laps are 74 miles apiece and 2 laps is goign to cut things way too close. I will get more info up on things as soon as we get a few things nailed down. We want to gt at least one other stationary pit on the far side of the loop (bessimer mine/rockpile area, radio coverage gets spotty when we are on the backside as well. I will get my arse moving on this stuff. I cant wait it should be a great time.
Jeremy
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

http://moreracing.net/10/maps/oraf.pdf

Here is the Map for the race Found out I am driving laps 3/4 whohoo :shock: o cant wait!
Jeremy
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Awesome to hear your driving Jeremy! I talked to Mat a few weeks back and mentioned we would do some moving pit strategy for him.... gotta figure out where we will be... Maybe I will go back and forth between 14 and 57.....
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

Tony that looks like a pretty good area to run between for this one. My big concern is is something happens on the back side on the way to bessimer and just after when you get into the granite. I am still hoping to have at least 1 static pit out towards bessimer would be good to have a 5 gallon splash out that way. I plan on making Friday morning a pretty full day of pre running for me before tech. I am planning on being out thursday so that should give lots of time for messing around and doing a bit more scouting on access points. Cant wait!
Jeremy
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Polarcub wrote:Tony that looks like a pretty good area to run between for this one. My big concern is is something happens on the back side on the way to bessimer and just after when you get into the granite. I am still hoping to have at least 1 static pit out towards bessimer would be good to have a 5 gallon splash out that way. I plan on making Friday morning a pretty full day of pre running for me before tech. I am planning on being out thursday so that should give lots of time for messing around and doing a bit more scouting on access points. Cant wait!

Right on... I remember Matt saying there might be someone out there permanently on Bessemer... if so, that would give us great coverage... I could chase up and down the middle... and then stationary pits at both ends on s/f and bessemer.

I can not wait.
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

That was kind of my thought we still need to nail down who will be there for sure. We are checking with greg to see if he will be there he may be co-driving, Blackmarket will be there, Nick, Yikes? So I think we can get at least Pit B with tires/gas out there one way or another thats a great spot for spectating too gt some great racing in there with a couple of converging lines coming out of that wash/hill...I am getting amped up still so much to do....
Jeremy
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

Allright Boys and girls...I need to get a solid list together of those attending. Looks like we will be up in Main with the Tut Tech and Martee teams so far I have Tony,Nick,BlackMarket as definite. I have Yikes as a maybe at this point

Tony-Chase A
Nick-main
BlackMarket Main/co-drive lap 3/4

Matt has a few folks coming out as well so I think we can use them for a pit B.

If you are planning on attending and would not mind helping out please post. I really would like to get a secondary pit together that we will outfit with a front and rear spare and some gas only needs to be 2 bodies. If we have enough folks I would not mind having a chase B as well. Please post and let me know what you would be willing to do. As always the Kaveman team is UBER appreciative of your support. Without your generosity we could not have the races we have had :D .

Also for those wishing to camp, my family and I will be out early thursday planning on pre running friday morning and some kid activities as well. Model rockets being the big one. Tech will be off of rabbit springs road at the high school stating at 4pm. We will be there early to gt through and get back to have a good time in camp. Race start is 1pm saturday morning witha 13.5 hour time limit. Hope to see you there.....I cant wait! Oh I will post when we take the ar out for testing and if we get a pre run in as well for those wanting to come out.
Jeremy
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Polarcub wrote:Allright Boys and girls...I need to get a solid list together of those attending. Looks like we will be up in Main with the Tut Tech and Martee teams so far I have Tony,Nick,BlackMarket as definite. I have Yikes as a maybe at this point

Tony-Chase A
Nick-main
BlackMarket Main/co-drive lap 3/4

Matt has a few folks coming out as well so I think we can use them for a pit B.

If you are planning on attending and would not mind helping out please post. I really would like to get a secondary pit together that we will outfit with a front and rear spare and some gas only needs to be 2 bodies. If we have enough folks I would not mind having a chase B as well. Please post and let me know what you would be willing to do. As always the Kaveman team is UBER appreciative of your support. Without your generosity we could not have the races we have had :D .

Also for those wishing to camp, my family and I will be out early thursday planning on pre running friday morning and some kid activities as well. Model rockets being the big one. Tech will be off of rabbit springs road at the high school stating at 4pm. We will be there early to gt through and get back to have a good time in camp. Race start is 1pm saturday morning witha 13.5 hour time limit. Hope to see you there.....I cant wait! Oh I will post when we take the ar out for testing and if we get a pre run in as well for those wanting to come out.
Good Stuff Jer, looking forward to the race.
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

I am planning on being there. I will be in the bronco.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

philofab wrote:I am planning on being there. I will be in the bronco.
That will be awesome.....be good to meet you in person.
Jeremy
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

Would anyone have a dump can or two that we could borrow for the race weekend?
Jeremy
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Hey Jeremy, I am working on a 10 gal one....
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

Sweet Black market is offering up a five as well thanks Tony
Jeremy
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I'm a little late but I've got an 10 or 11 gal here. I'm not positive we can head out to the race, but I'd like to if we can free up time.

If we don't go we can try and work out getting the can to you if you still need it. If I would have known a little sooner I could have brought it with me as I was in Murrieta/Temecula this past weekend. Oh well.
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:I'm a little late but I've got an 10 or 11 gal here. I'm not positive we can head out to the race, but I'd like to if we can free up time.

If we don't go we can try and work out getting the can to you if you still need it. If I would have known a little sooner I could have brought it with me as I was in Murrieta/Temecula this past weekend. Oh well.

Can you get it to Chris? He is coming to the race..... shoot, why arent you coming?? Come on out and hang out man!!
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I was gonna say I can probably get it to Chris. Looked back through the thread and didn't notice him saying he was coming - so that's why I didn't post it.

My dump can may need a little hose out before gas goes in it (dusty) but it should be good to go.

As for why I may not coming - work. Race starts on Friday does it not? Or am I a little slow?
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:I was gonna say I can probably get it to Chris. Looked back through the thread and didn't notice him saying he was coming - so that's why I didn't post it.

My dump can may need a little hose out before gas goes in it (dusty) but it should be good to go.

As for why I may not coming - work. Race starts on Friday does it not? Or am I a little slow?

Your a little slow, race starts Sat at 1pm... I am planning on heading out around 9am Sat