MORE ORAF 500 May 22/23 2010

Races, meets, etc
Polarcub
Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer and 95 XLT still in the shop........

MORE ORAF 500 May 22/23 2010

Post by Polarcub »

Well I know its a bit early to start planning this but since i will miss the March race and I want to make sure we are ready for May I thought what the heck. :lol:

This will l be a late start 4pm usually and a 500 mile event in lucerne valley. Start finish will be either of off bessimer or camp rock rd, last year Jim was able to get the blm to approve a different course which was a blast and much easier eaccess than Bessimer.

I plan on camping with my family thur-sun with a pre run fri morning before tech. Tech will be at the high school off of rabbit springs rd.

I would like to be able to have 3 static pits this year if we have enough people. I plan on working with Trail glow to see if we can get a few "chase" magnetic, battery powered light panels made up too. We will see though how my crazy idea works out. :roll:

Radio coverage at this race is always tough hence why I want 3 pits this year.

If anyone else is racing this one the Kaveman team would love to join forces as well so we can help each other out.

The only thing we ask of all volunteers is to refrain form adult beverages until the cars are across the finish line.

I would really like to make this a big deal for all involved and maybe we can get some good coverage for the site and the various industry folks we have on the site...maybe Dirt Sports would be interested in coming out???

It would be a pretty bitchin time having all the broncos out and memebrs as well??? I ma open to ideas this is not just about our race team (though we always need the help) I am looking to make this something bigger.

Any takers??? :D
Last edited by Polarcub on Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jeremy
tcm glx
Peanut Butter
Bronco Info: 93 Ford Bronco 5.8

Re: MORE 500 in May

Post by tcm glx »

In (but you already know that!)
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

I'm a tenative "IN"
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

tcm glx wrote:In (but you already know that!)
Figured but dont like to assume...haha Awesome your help is always appreciated.
Jeremy
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

Nick wrote:I'm a tenative "IN"
:) Awesome...it would be great to have you out there Nick. This is my favorite race of the MORE season!
Jeremy
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

I'm planning to have the Bronco back online and chase that race, so you better be here Jer.
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

yikes wrote:I'm planning to have the Bronco back online and chase that race, so you better be here Jer.

That would be sweet Brian!!
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

yikes wrote:I'm planning to have the Bronco back online and chase that race, so you better be here Jer.
Sweet! Hopefully I will have those rear shoocks rebuilt and valved before the race too. I will be needing to give the bronco a good once over before this one. I will be back for sure, we just left Thailand and have a stop in Malaysia for a few days. The end of March vcant get here fast enough though!!!
Jeremy
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Re: MORE ORAF 500 May 22/23 2010

Post by philofab »

I may be there... depends on if the West Coast Nationals in Santa Maria conflict.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

Sweet! I talked with my wife yesterday and she is down for camping thur-sun so I am super excited. I am hoping that they run start finish off of the camp rock side again vs bessimer mine easier to get into too. I am pretty sure that I will be haning out friday night at tech for awhile as I am sure Paul from Trail Glow will be there...I wanna make sure we are sporting their lighted vests and of course we will have the car all lit up.
I need to hurry up and get home so I can get moving on getting everything set up. Should be a great time for all!
Jeremy
BLACKMARKETBRYAN
Bronco Info: its blue has 450hp ,was built with 3 grand and your mom is jealous

Post by BLACKMARKETBRYAN »

Iam in ,but that went with out saying ,dedication bitches , lol :shock:
proud supporter of kaveman motorsports .

p.s .

I HAVE A FAN CLUB OF HATERS
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

BLACKMARKETBRYAN wrote:Iam in ,but that went with out saying ,dedication bitches , lol :shock:
Pfff!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
BLACKMARKETBRYAN

i will fight an old man in a wheel chair ..............lol

p.s .

BLACKMARKETBRYAN

areyou really not going to leduc swapmeet,nick?

p.s .

Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

BLACKMARKETBRYAN wrote:Iam in ,but that went with out saying ,dedication bitches , lol :shock:
:roll: Hahah...good to know...looking forward to it. Hey we need to get a trans back in the beast and run it in the 1450 class....or put some stock length arms on her and run class 3 ...I am just saying ;) .....is it March yet.....
Jeremy
rezrider
Bronco Info: 88 OJ Special, trail ready but not rock worthy

Post by rezrider »

Polarcub wrote:Well I know its a bit early to start planning this but since i will miss the March race and I want to make sure we are ready for May I thought what the heck. :lol:

I believe it will be memorial day weekend, I cant get to the MORE site from the ship for some reason but it will be a late start 4pm usually and a 500 mile event in lucerne valley. Start finish will be either of off bessimer or camp rock rd, last year Jim was able to get the blm to approve a different course which was a blast and much easier eaccess than Bessimer.

I plan on camping with my family thur-sun with a pre run fri morning before tech. Tech will be at the high school off of rabbit springs rd.

I would like to be able to have 3 static pits this year if we have enough people. I plan on working with Trail glow to see if we can get a few "chase" magnetic, battery powered light panels made up too. We will see though how my crazy idea works out. :roll:

Radio coverage at this race is always tough hence why I want 3 pits this year.

If anyone else is racing this one the Kaveman team would love to join forces as well so we can help each other out.

The only thing we ask of all volunteers is to refrain form adult beverages until the cars are across the finish line.

I would really like to make this a big deal for all involved and maybe we can get some good coverage for the site and the various industry folks we have on the site...maybe Dirt Sports would be interested in coming out???

It would be a pretty bitchin time having all the broncos out and memebrs as well??? I ma open to ideas this is not just about our race team (though we always need the help) I am looking to make this something bigger.

Any takers??? :D
FYI...unless this has already been addressed...I happened to read this thread and noticed you mentioned the race being Memorial weekend...unless I'm wrong it is the weekend before!!! Memorial weekend is May 29, 30 & 31...the MORE race is as titled May 22 & 23...
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

Looks like Santa Maria is the weekend after. I will try my hardest to be there, the 23rd is my birthday though.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

philofab wrote:Looks like Santa Maria is the weekend after. I will try my hardest to be there, the 23rd is my birthday though.
Sweet...what better way to spend a Birthday...haha MY birthday is the weekend after. Hope you make it it will be a good time I am sure. Will likely bring the kids rockets for thursday/fri kid fun too.

Rez thanks I updated the thread internet on ths ship wa spreventing me form accessing MOREs sight whne I originally posted the thread. I updated the title once I go tthe dates just5 not the post.
Jeremy
Polarcub

Post by Polarcub »

Well boys and girls MORE has posted mileage for the race. It will be a 74 mile loop race starting at 1pm on sat with 13 hour time limit. 9s will be running 5 laps. I am still getting details sorted out with the Team but likely we will be teaming up with TUT tech and the Martees. The Tuts run a 13 and the Martees a 1600. With that said start finish will be off of camp rock road instead of Bessimer again which is more access friendly. For the 9s we are having a bump in the fee to get a 240 per car payout. Hoping we get a good turnout and we can get some return for everyone's efforts!

I am still planning on camping Thursday night with a morning pre run on Friday before tech. for anyone interested. Not sure when we will be making a pre run trip just yet either. Whohoo glad I am going to be back for this one! I am expecting matt and Gary to split driving at 2 and 2 apiece and guessing I will be taking the victory lap hahah! Also as a side note if anyone is interested or knows of anyone Matt was tlaing aobut selling some co dawg time. Not sure if he is still doing this or not though but if anyone is interested get in touch with me and I will get details. Should be a great time.
Jeremy
tcm glx
Peanut Butter

Post by tcm glx »

Lookin forward to the race!!