GFB HuckFEAST/RC Madness!-Jan 18-20

Races, meets, etc
RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Re: GFB HuckFEAST/RC Madness!-Jan 18-20

Post by RyanDS650X »

Id love to go but Pismo is like 7 hours 1 way... Glamis would be a different story. I do look forward to the pics and vids you guys take though, have fun out there!
'96 XLT 5.8l lil edelbrock, lil Autofab, LOTTA fun.

"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
kylesgorter
Bronco Info: 92 Fullsize EB. 357w, midtravel front, custome rear packs, bilstein shocks, fox air bumps

Post by kylesgorter »

I could probably talk to some people from polyperformance and a few from rugged radios that I know but if I were to do that there's a good chance some jeeps will show up! If anyone is ok with more people but possibly not broncos I could make it happen but only if everybody is on board after all this is a bronco trip

Really excited to be a part of the trip I'm bringing my oak pit and I've got so much wood from the shop I doubt we can burn it all. Praying for good weather! About mid January the beach can be really nice
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

hobbyturnedobsession wrote:Sorry Rick the bronco is down and with the more race within two weeks i cant do both. I really wanted to go.
Leave the Bronco at home and bring the family car. Even without a toy, this is a good weekend. Lots of BS'ing, lots of food and great company.

Has anyone heard from Tom? Are he and Julie going to be there?
fordf100amc wrote:Where do you guys usually camp? The people that I'm going with will be there friday morning.
There will be 2 us that will be joining you guys, this will be a good opportunity for me to meet all of you guys that are going. The rest of my group will be on there own for food and such. But it would be great to camp close to each other.
Sorry, I don't think we ever answered. We usually camp just after the open area. This way we don't have to drive in too far to get to camp but we can still drive back into the dunes to play without driving down the beach. Bondobob will be staking out camp for is since he'll be the first to arrive.

So far we have:

Flyinbronco: 2
Bondobob: 2
SteveG 4?
Chasetruck: 2
fordf100amc: 2
Yikes: 4
Tiff: 2?
Autofab John: 1?

cs_drums, you still in? Will the Moss crew be joining us again? Who's bringing kids to build a jump for the RC cars?

Looks like we might have a small crew this year. No worries. I promise to still have a good time!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Bondobob
Bronco Info: 1987 XLT 5.0 in the family since new in May of 1987

Post by Bondobob »

As Steve said we will target on of the two areas we set up at in the past few years. Near 2nd entrance to the Dunes close but not too close to the outhouses. Location may be variable as to what spot is open for 15-20 people. Once we get the spot I will post up specifics and nearest mile marker location .

Oh and the last time I went I drove my Z71.... So yeah the Bronco is in no way required.
"And God bless the United States of America!"
Elwood Blues -1980
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Hey, what about Philo? We miss you!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

I want to go but am having horrible luck hiring someone that doesn't need supervision to get anything done.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
crisis88
Bronco Info: 94 fsb stock

Post by crisis88 »

Ok, so I just found out some logistics of this cheer competition my daughter is going to be at on the 19th. It's in augora hills. Which happens to be on the way to Pismo!!

So have you guys figured out a schedule of events for Saturday and Sunday. I'm not sure when her competition is over, but from past experience I would say we would be done between 2 and 4. And we could be in Pismo a couple hours after that. :D

Right now I'm trying to determine if its going to be worth the added expense to go for the night.

Thanks,
Jose
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

I'm going to shoot for eating between 5 & 6 but nothing is set in stone. The campfire will go all night and breakfast is bright and early in the morning. Unless I don't get up early, then it's later!

It would be great to have you guys!
philofab wrote:I want to go but am having horrible luck hiring someone that doesn't need supervision to get anything done.
Well good luck. Hopefully you can make it happen. If not, you gotta do what you gotta do!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
crisis88
Bronco Info: 94 fsb stock

Post by crisis88 »

SteveG wrote:I'm going to shoot for eating between 5 & 6 but nothing is set in stone. The campfire will go all night and breakfast is bright and early in the morning. Unless I don't get up early, then it's later!

It would be great to have you guys!
As of right now I'm going to make it happen!!!

Count us in...
kylesgorter
Bronco Info: 92 Fullsize EB. 357w, midtravel front, custome rear packs, bilstein shocks, fox air bumps

Post by kylesgorter »

Count me in for two people for sure. I plan to set up Friday after work who will be there friday?

Who's got an open seat?
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

philofab wrote:I want to go but am having horrible luck hiring someone that doesn't need supervision to get anything done.
If you can help me with a work visa, I'll come over ;)
Tchajagos
Bronco Info: 1993 xlt stock on 33' BFGs

Post by Tchajagos »

Doing my best to make it this year. Hopefully I can get my lady to go too.

Just got this in my fortune cookie. It's a sign!!!
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

kylesgorter wrote:I could probably talk to some people from polyperformance and a few from rugged radios that I know but if I were to do that there's a good chance some jeeps will show up! If anyone is ok with more people but possibly not broncos I could make it happen but only if everybody is on board after all this is a bronco trip

Really excited to be a part of the trip I'm bringing my oak pit and I've got so much wood from the shop I doubt we can burn it all. Praying for good weather! About mid January the beach can be really nice
I don't care who goes. This might be a small crew this year anyway. Anyone is welcome. The only requirement is no attitudes... and maybe a few bucks in the tip jar if they're staying for dinner. Which they're welcome to as long as we know ahead of time so we can have enough food.

Oak BBQ and more wood than we can burn... perfect! I wasn't sure where I was going to line up wood from anyway. The weather has always been good for us in Jan, so hopefully that keeps up.
crisis88 wrote:As of right now I'm going to make it happen!!!

Count us in...
Excellent!
kylesgorter wrote:Count me in for two people for sure. I plan to set up Friday after work who will be there friday?

Who's got an open seat?
Bondobob for sure. I'm not sure who else is camping Friday night. John (Autofab) usually shows up Friday and a few others. I'll won't stay the night out there Friday but I'll go hang out by the campfire.
Tchajagos wrote:Doing my best to make it this year. Hopefully I can get my lady to go too.

Just got this in my fortune cookie. It's a sign!!!
If that's not a sign, I don't know what is!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Flyinbronco: 2
Bondobob: 2
SteveG 4?
Chasetruck: 2
fordf100amc: 2
Yikes: 4
Tiff: 2?
Autofab John: 1?
kylesgorter: 2

22 mouths to feed so far.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
kylesgorter

Post by kylesgorter »

I will definitely chip in for food and may have another vehicle with two others joining but not a for sure yet on them. We get so much wood at work from trailer deliveries and of course we have pallets for days (I cut them up so no nails at the beach!) Looking like we will be going saturday not Friday after all.
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

I don't think I've ever shown up to this with an "off road" type vehicle. Heck, I've bummed a ride the last 2 times. So yeah, bronco nor off road capable truck is needed to be welcomed & have a good time.

I will be there in the Tacoma this year but since it's the DD and the only thing I own that runs I've gotta keep mellow.

We're getting closer & I'm getting excited! I just need to make myself work on fixing this little 4wd issue on the tacoma so I can take it in the sand a bit!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
kylesgorter

Post by kylesgorter »

If I can get a couple tires by then ill go out in my ranger or ride with someone. If anyone needs a whip we've got them at work for cheap and we sell sticky whips too which are awesome I can get em for cheap for gfb'ers
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

What are sticky whips?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

So is the the huck championship gonna happen? Since I won't be there AGAIN, I will through a prize for 3rd place.don't know what yet bit it might cool.might be Awsome might just be a handshake.....haha
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
kylesgorter

Post by kylesgorter »

Sticky whips is a newish company out of slo. They make swiveling suction mounts for whips/flags. They are nice if you have a stock truck you can stick em about anywhere even most body contours. I figure most offroaders will have flag mounts but if people are bringing stockish trucks that don't have a mount and want one I can make it happen