June 13-15 Eastern Sierras trip

Races, meets, etc
Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

Re: Eastern Sierras trip-June 13-15

Post by Broncodawg »

Thanks for posting up that info and keeping this up top. How many folks are trying to make this event?
We can put up a list and start the peer pressure to make it.....haha.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

The fam and I are planning to be there. I'd put us at 95%.

Greg, do you have an idea of what the itinerary will be?
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Also, what will the temp be at the campground? It seems like everywhere in CA is hotter than normal and I don't camp in heat!

Well we only be at camp from late afternoon / evening through breakfast?
guard
Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Bronco 5.8

Post by guard »

Average temp for June 13-15 in Bishop is 92H / 51L. As to itinerary, good question!
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

SteveG wrote:The fam and I are planning to be there. I'd put us at 95%.

Greg, do you have an idea of what the itinerary will be?
Awesome!! We'll be there. Gotta make Browne's reservations.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

guard wrote:Average temp for June 13-15 in Bishop is 92H / 51L. As to itinerary, good question!
If that's the average, I'm guessing it'll be closer to 100? Too damn hot!
Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

Post by Broncodawg »

Sorry abouDoesn't hit 100 here until later in the summer, but because I wrote that.........haha! But, we'll be at elevation all day where nice and cool. Evenings cool down nicely too, so no worries.

Goal is to do two all day runs Friday and Saturday. (Hope you can make Friady run Steve G) Wheeler Crest in the Sierras Friday and the Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest in the White Mtns. on Saturday. Beautiful HIGH Country scenery along with some fun roads that have a few 4x4 spots on them.

We'll meet up at Brown's CG and take off about 8:30-9:00 am, have lunch on the trail and be back to Bishop about 4 pm. We could do potluck bbqs at Brown's and/or plenty of good restaurants.

While Brown's is just out of town and not as scenic as a CG in the woods, thought it was a good choice for easy logistics and meeting up in the mornings. Tons of old cottonwoods and nice lawns keep it shady and cooler too, and did I mention the homemade pies.....haha.

Current list of folks coming:

Steve G
Yikes
Guard
Tchajagos
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Broncodawg wrote:Sorry abouDoesn't hit 100 here until later in the summer, but because I wrote that.........haha! But, we'll be at elevation all day where nice and cool. Evenings cool down nicely too, so no worries.

Goal is to do two all day runs Friday and Saturday. (Hope you can make Friady run Steve G) Wheeler Crest in the Sierras Friday and the Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest in the White Mtns. on Saturday. Beautiful HIGH Country scenery along with some fun roads that have a few 4x4 spots on them.

We'll meet up at Brown's CG and take off about 8:30-9:00 am, have lunch on the trail and be back to Bishop about 4 pm. We could do potluck bbqs at Brown's and/or plenty of good restaurants.

While Brown's is just out of town and not as scenic as a CG in the woods, thought it was a good choice for easy logistics and meeting up in the mornings. Tons of old cottonwoods and nice lawns keep it shady and cooler too, and did I mention the homemade pies.....haha.

Current list of folks coming:

Steve G
Yikes
Guard
Tchajagos
There's no way I can make Friday. The kids don't get out of school until 12:30 that day.
guard

Post by guard »

You could make it by dinner time!
Broncodawg

Post by Broncodawg »

There's no way I can make Friday. The kids don't get out of school until 12:30 that day.
Remember you posting that, so what we can do is a quick Sunday morning run for anybody that wants to so we can get Steve some more dirt? Short Sat. night run after dinner?

Captain of an aid station for a 100k ultramarathon this weekend so busy putting that together, but will scan a map of where we're going and get it posted soon. Aid station is at 9,500 feet in the trees and takes 4x4 just to get to it, so got that going for me.
Broncodawg

Post by Broncodawg »

Now this run is really on because I just picked up a ride to lead with!
Was either going to recruit a buddy or hitch a ride, but it's on like Donkey Kong now! Will have her home just in time, but should be good to go. Wow is all I can say!!!
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Broncodawg wrote:
Remember you posting that, so what we can do is a quick Sunday morning run for anybody that wants to so we can get Steve some more dirt? Short Sat. night run after dinner?
No need to change plans for me, Greg. I would rather stay put after dinner anyway.

Plus, The kids have some end of the school year stuff that weekend and we're still up in the air... I hate to say it but I might be out... sad face.
Broncodawg

Re: June 13-15 Eastern Sierras trip

Post by Broncodawg »

Sounds like Steve G is out, but have two great day runs planned and hoping we're still on! Heading down for the 500, but will be all over this run once I get home, so let's do it!
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

Hoping to pass smog this week. If not, sadly I would be out Greg. Heading down to the 500 with Dale. Hope to see you down there.
guard

Post by guard »

I just want to remind everyone of the country around the Sierra trip that's just a week and a half away... this is such beautiful and special area and it will be a shame if nobody can capitalize on this wonderful guided trip. This trip was planned on an off-race weekend, hopefully some are able to capitalize on that! Either way my wife and I still plan to be there, reservations made. In case you aren't familiar with the terrain...

guard

Post by guard »

All this is happening near Bishop...

SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Sigh... really bummed I can't make this.
Broncodawg

Post by Broncodawg »

Wow, I live there? Awesome pics and guess we should have gotten them up sooner? Hope the smog goes well Yikes. Sounds like Guard is still in, how about Tchajagos?
yikes
Founder

Post by yikes »

Schat's is enough to get me there. Haha!
Bondobob
Bronco Info: 1987 XLT 5.0 in the family since new in May of 1987

Post by Bondobob »

I'm in.....I am planning on driving up Thursday and setting up my stuff. Want to be ready for Friday!