June 13-15 Eastern Sierras trip

Races, meets, etc
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

June 13-15 Eastern Sierras trip

Post by yikes »

EDIT: See page 2 for current planning....

Broncodawg (Greg) has graciously offered to host a Fall run in his neck of the woods this Oct 5-7. The plan is to camp at Browne's campground in Bishop (or your favorite hotel) and do a couple of day runs out to Deadhorse Meadow in the White Mountains on Friday and Wheeler Crest Saturday. Schedule is tentative. The scenery in the Sierras is awesome in the Fall, so don't miss out on this one!! I can't wait!

RyanDS650X
Bronco Info: Autofab '96 XLT 5.8

Re: Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7

Post by RyanDS650X »

Cool! Where is the nearest city for us out of towners to mapquest to? Id love to do a camp and fish run.

EDIT: Bishop,CA :oops: and it about 5 hours from me..... ill be watching this closely.
'96 XLT 5.8l lil edelbrock, lil Autofab, LOTTA fun.

"I wouldnt even call adding beer as part of a prep...its like putting tires on the vehicle, you just do it."
-shockseals.com
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja
Bronco Info: Don't have one - just old Ford trucks

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

This needs to turn into a yearly thing. Or at least we need to make a run when I can go! I want to go up there but will be near Rod's side of the world at this time. Getting married is starting to really dig into GFB runs time for me!
Owner of only dead and forgotten projects
greaslife
Bronco Info: Home built is the way too go even if they don't like it.

Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7

Post by greaslife »

ChaseTruck754 wrote:This needs to turn into a yearly thing. Or at least we need to make a run when I can go! I want to go up there but will be near Rod's side of the world at this time. Getting married is starting to really dig into GFB runs time for me!
side note Steve it only gets worse with a ring and then kids haha
I have been me for 32 years and know i cant spell for Sh!$ so get over it . Thanks Josh
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

I am soooooo in!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

I'd love to but I'm doing The Mojave Trail that weekend.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

greaslife wrote:
ChaseTruck754 wrote:This needs to turn into a yearly thing. Or at least we need to make a run when I can go! I want to go up there but will be near Rod's side of the world at this time. Getting married is starting to really dig into GFB runs time for me!
side note Steve it only gets worse with a ring and then kids haha
haha - starting to realize that. Trips like this one or places like this she'd be more open to going on though. She's not a fan of the desert although I'm trying my best to change that.
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

SteveG wrote:I'd love to but I'm doing The Mojave Trail that weekend.
Whaaa?
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Nick wrote:
SteveG wrote:I'd love to but I'm doing The Mojave Trail that weekend.
Whaaa?
Kidding!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
hobbyturnedobsession
Bronco Info: 96 c/o w/ 5.0

Post by hobbyturnedobsession »

Bahahahah
I'm just here for the views. It helps me feel wanted.
greaslife
Bronco Info: Home built is the way too go even if they don't like it.

Eastern Sierras in the Fall!! - Oct 5-7

Post by greaslife »

Wish I could make .wife works and most likely I will be scrambling too get stuff done on big red worse than I all ready am. Maybe next one.
I have been me for 32 years and know i cant spell for Sh!$ so get over it . Thanks Josh
AussieRod
Bronco Info: 81 Bronco XLT, 250 alloy head crossflow 6, NP435/NP208, 4:10 gears, 31-10.5R15 M/Ts.

Post by AussieRod »

Rest assured, Steve, after the fact, you will notice it digs into your trip time a LOT! And a lot of other things you used to do. Having said that, I hope it works out for the two of you :D
Kel Fab Creations
Bronco Info: 95 Bronco

Post by Kel Fab Creations »

Sounds like a fun trip. I've always wanted to go to the sierra's. My wife would also love it. We'll see if the bronco is ready. I doubt it though. :cry:
Kelly @ Kel Fab Creations
ChaseTruck754
Spy/Ninja

Post by ChaseTruck754 »

AussieRod wrote:
Rest assured, Steve, after the fact, you will notice it digs into your trip time a LOT! And a lot of other things you used to do. Having said that, I hope it works out for the two of you :D
I'm sure it will. Luckily she likes to travel so we're going all sorts of places I've never been or have been to cheap or lazy to hit. The downside is I'm around less for "local", fun runs like this. Now if I could just somehow make the trips stop overlapping so I could do both!
Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

Post by Broncodawg »

Wow, so much interest and only posted last night! Won't be a problem getting campsite or room in October and hopefully the aspens cooperate and hold their leaves for us. Never know as weather dictates when they turn. The two day runs I'm planning take us to the top of the mountains surrounding Bishop and the views are spectacular! You'll need working 4x4 for Wheeler crest, but both runs have places we can hang it out some too. Both have long climbs so prep your cooling systems and seeing we'll be hitting 11,000 feet on Wheeler, anyone carbed should make sure its working well.
Hosted EB groups up here in the past and looking forward to sharing some of this country with the GFB crew. Pretty short notice I know, but Brian and I just threw this together, so hope you can make it.
Ole Yeller-89 Bronco Prerunner/77 Bronco rock rig/79 F100 prerunner yard art
convoy

Post by convoy »

Brian,
Do you think you could keep up with my VW bus?
Mojo
Bronco Info: 96eb 5.8, custom SS exh, C&T/uniball, Heim R-arms, 35"bajas 4.88s F53 w/SOLO shackle PRPs

Post by Mojo »

I just got back from spending 2 weeks in that area July 30th & would love to go again, but unfortunately I have to work that weekend :( I wish Greg would just find me a job up there, hahaha!!!
mrmatt
Bronco Info: I don't have a bronco but all of my chase crew does

Post by mrmatt »

The sierras are indeed awesome in the fall! IT will be a great trip. My October is going to be crazy busy tough. If you have never been you should make it a priority to go!
bajabuck
Bronco Info: 87 Bronco with some Autofab parts held on with bailing wire and duct tape

Post by bajabuck »

Can I bring the Rhino? Brian's photos inspired me. Can a green sticker vehicle go on the trails you plan to run? Is there parking at the trail heads. Just speculating here, I may have to work and have a trip planned the following weekend.
yikes
Founder
Bronco Info: 1996 with tires and stuff

Post by yikes »

convoy wrote:Brian,
Do you think you could keep up with my VW bus?
Haha! Wellllll, if my engine holds together. Developed a knock after the last trip. Ooops!