central oregon desert racing assoc.

Races, meets, etc
bajascott
My belly is my best friend
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

central oregon desert racing assoc.

Post by bajascott »

some of you may have read about this on RDC but some have not, so i figured i would post this up
CODRA is in the planning stages of the 1st annual PAISLEY 400. of course this is awaiting the final approval from the BLM.
the last week of june. i will post up more information as i get it.
this race will benifit the town of paisley, their school,and local economy .
here is a link to purchace a tee-shirt to help fund blm fees and such. http://www.zazzle.com/codra_tshirt-235951514592252083 CODRA is run by desert racing enthusiasts looking to bring back desert racing to the oregon deserts.
Attachments
codra.jpg
codra.jpg (2.15 KiB) Viewed 433 times
Last edited by bajascott on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
http://ssfab-n-offroad.com/
Devin

Re: central oregon desert racing assoc.

Post by Devin »

I hope everything continues to go smooth as it has so far......
Strong, light, cheap. Pick two
yogib

Post by yogib »

I plan to attend and help if I can.I will be meeting Jared at the Parker race.He,s going to be trying to get the word out there.As well as talking too Pistol Pete.
bajascott
Bronco Info: its black, its fun to drive,and i dont have enough money to build it the way i want to!:)

Post by bajascott »

there is a website up for CODRA with info on the race.
thought i would bump this up a little bit.any of you guys that want to make the loooooooooooooooong trek up for this should.
it will be a great race. http://www.codra-racing.com/
part of the course....
Attachments
paisley course 2.jpg
paisley course 2.jpg (2.29 KiB) Viewed 394 times
paisley course.jpg
paisley course.jpg (2.01 KiB) Viewed 394 times
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
Dust
Bronco Info: Go Slow Ford's From 1957 to 1994

Post by Dust »

CODRA Paisley 400 Info:

Dear fellow racers, participants and fans,

It is our sincere regret to inform you that due to environmental concerns raised by an outside organization located here in Oregon, the 2010 Paisley 400 is being postponed.

This delay in the race date stems from concerns raised by the environmental/desert conservation group that BLM has not completed satisfactory requirements and administrative studies within our operations area.

We have met with both BLM, and the group, and have determined that the requirements for all related studies and environmental assessments must be met prior to our obtaining a permit for the event. These requirements, public comment periods and such will put us beyond the original planned date. Therefore the decision to postpone has been made. This was an extremely tough decision for us to make, however it has not discouraged us and we think it will be for the best.

Due to our increasingly shortened time line constraints, the necessary time for BLM to complete all of their administrative work and required studies, this leaves both BLM and CODRA with too little time to have a successful event for you, the racers.

Given these circumstances and the time frames involved with CODRA and BLM, we have made the decision that postponing the event 1 year will allow for all administrative procedures to be completed. This will also ensure that CODRA and BLM cover all requirements for putting an off road racing event like this together.

We view this minor setback as an opportunity to make sure that the event will be a great success and allow CODRA a complete planning time frame. This will likely increase attendance, and most importantly your enjoyment of the event!

We also feel that this will create an opportunity to gather more support for the people of Paisley, their businesses and most importantly the School by having an increase in attendance.

We are continuing in planning the event and having outings to gather more information about the area and possible course options.

Yours Truly,

Jared Ford, Kevin Hescock,

CODRA Staff
bajascott

Post by bajascott »

it sucks,but true.
i was waiting for them to post up before i said anything.
FRONT YARD FABRICATION
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

bajascott wrote:it sucks,but true.
i was waiting for them to post up before i said anything.
That's a bummer!

Does that mean you'll be joining us in Pismo, Scott?
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
bajascott

Post by bajascott »

haha i wish i could.i am still going to paisley for that weekend to do some ground work and scouting.....
but if i am working(which i think i will be......?)i might be able to....
FRONT YARD FABRICATION