Flyinbronco's Birthday Bash/GFB huck fest-DETAILS IN POST #2

Races, meets, etc
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Re: Flyinbronco's Birthday Bash/GFB huck fest-DETAILS IN POST #2

Post by flyinbronco »

SteveG wrote:A few people have asked me what time we're eating. Rick, any idea? Are we just going to play it by ear?
I'm thinking 5-6pm but we can be flexable if someone needs to leave early or something i.e. Oliie going home to get race truck ready. I really don't care as long as I get to eat. Further comments are welcome.

My plan is still trying to arrive around noon-1pm and I'll stake out a large camping area for the group. I'll call Steve G. and he can post up where were at or PM me for a cell phone number exchange and I can call you with the location.
Proud member of Moss Brothers Racing Score class 3 Champions
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

I will either be there late Friday night or very early Saturday. Are there restrictions on when you can come in the park?

What freq will we be on? Weatherman?
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

sorry guys but i just can't do it. i am really bummed but i just have to much work to do on the race truck to get it ready for the race the following weekend.

happy birthday weekend rick and i owe you a beer (or two) at the next event.

LAME!
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

PBR wrote:sorry guys but i just can't do it. i am really bummed but i just have to much work to do on the race truck to get it ready for the race the following weekend.

LAME!

Man that bites but I understand Ollie. It trully won't be the same without you. Good luck with your race.
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

I just got home from buying all the fixin's for breakfast burritos. The clock is ticking....
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Nick
Founder
Bronco Info: 1995 bird poop target

Post by Nick »

PBR wrote:sorry guys but i just can't do it. i am really bummed but i just have to much work to do on the race truck to get it ready for the race the following weekend.

LAME!
What!? That means no rice crispy treats?!
"If at first you don't succeed, it may be cheaper to buy it."
BajaF250
Bronco Info: 1982 Ford F250

Post by BajaF250 »

philofab wrote:I will either be there late Friday night or very early Saturday. Are there restrictions on when you can come in the park?

What freq will we be on? Weatherman?
It would be good to have a common freq in which to communicate. Weatherman is most likely frequency that everyone has dialed in, especially those who have radios that must be programmed out of the vehicle. If, for whatever reason, weatherman doesn't work, we could use SCORE-2, BFG main, Locos Mocos, Baja Pits, Los Campeones, MAG 7, Checkers, etc. I recommend we use Weatherman (151.625) as primary and BFG main (151.715) as secondary. Just my two cents...
SteveG
Admin
Bronco Info: Wilson: 96, Stretched 17.5", coil-overs / Bypasses, 4-link, a fridge and all the amenities :)

Post by SteveG »

Weatherman will work. keep in mind that several businesses in the area use that frequency to conduct day to day business.

I'll keep my radio on.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
billy1911

Post by billy1911 »

looks like I will be up there Saturday early afternoon.
PBR
Founder

Post by PBR »

Nick wrote: What!? That means no rice crispy treats?!
those weren't rice chrispy's nick!
Ollie Penchansky
Penchansky Brothers Racing.
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

Getting the pop up trailer ready. Can't wait till Sat!!!
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Working on getting all the gear loaded... do I really need this much crap to go 3 miles?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
flyinbronco
HuckMASTER

Post by flyinbronco »

Well gentlemen 1 day to go and this will be my last post. It really looks like a good turnout and I'm looking forward to a fun weekend.

Everyone drive safe and we'll see ya out there.
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

philofab wrote:I will either be there late Friday night or very early Saturday. Are there restrictions on when you can come in the park?
I forgot to answer this. There aren't any restrictions to when you can get into the park. You can come in, camp and pay in the morning IF they're not sold out. If they are, you need to have reservations or risk a $275 fine. If you do stay the night and plan on paying in the morning, I would do it as early as possible to avoid any grief from the Rangers.

Supposedly there will be attendants on site until 12am to check you in. I don't know if this is true.

P.S. If you don't have reservations and the park is sold out, you can still camp in the park. You just can't park in it. They have no way of tracking actual campers or trailers. They only check to see if the car has a camping pass. So, you could park your car on the street and have someone pick you up at the entrance.

If they are sold out and you and your car stay without a pass, wake up early in the morning, exit the park then go back in and buy a day pass.

flyinbronco wrote:Well gentlemen 1 day to go and this will be my last post. It really looks like a good turnout and I'm looking forward to a fun weekend.

Everyone drive safe and we'll see ya out there.
Sounds good. See you tomorrow!
Sho nuff,
SteveG
philofab
Basura Blanca
Bronco Info: A pile of crap.

Post by philofab »

I do have reservations. Looks like I'm going to leave early Saturday morning and get there around 9AM. Makes more sense than showing up at 11pm and then having to set up camp to sleep. Looks to be a 5 hour drive from here if I set cruise control to "Kill".
SteveG wrote:
I forgot to answer this. There aren't any restrictions to when you can get into the park. You can come in, camp and pay in the morning IF they're not sold out. If they are, you need to have reservations or risk a $275 fine. If you do stay the night and plan on paying in the morning, I would do it as early as possible to avoid any grief from the Rangers.

Supposedly there will be attendants on site until 12am to check you in. I don't know if this is true.

P.S. If you don't have reservations and the park is sold out, you can still camp in the park. You just can't park in it. They have no way of tracking actual campers or trailers. They only check to see if the car has a camping pass. So, you could park your car on the street and have someone pick you up at the entrance.

If they are sold out and you and your car stay without a pass, wake up early in the morning, exit the park then go back in and buy a day pass.
Follow me on Instagram. @philofab1 or Youtube https://www.youtube.com/philofab/
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

FYI: I'll have GFB stickers on me in case anyone wants to buy some.
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Broncodawg
Bronco Info: Ole Yeller- 89 Bronco prerunner, 77 Bronco rock rig, 79 F100 prerunner barn find

Post by Broncodawg »

Have a great B day bash everyone! My brother in law got a ticket for no camping permit in the middle of the night some years ago. so be careful waiting until morning. His truck was parked in our camp, but they spotted it anyway :x
Ole Yeller-89 Bronco Prerunner/77 Bronco rock rig/79 F100 prerunner yard art
Bondobob
Bronco Info: 1987 XLT 5.0 in the family since new in May of 1987

Post by Bondobob »

My wife and I are in for Friday nite BBQ we picked up some polish dogs and a red velvet cake too

I will bring a couple bags of briquets to cover Friday and Saturday
"And God bless the United States of America!"
Elwood Blues -1980
SteveG
Admin

Post by SteveG »

Did we ever find a third Weber?
Sho nuff,
SteveG
Nick
Founder

Post by Nick »

So, are any last minute straglers going to join us out there?